Piano Forum

Topic: Need help on a song!! [ cant find sheet ]  (Read 1725 times)

Offline farzanjj

Need help on a song!! [ cant find sheet ]
on: April 18, 2015, 07:29:26 PM
Ive been trying so hard to get this song down ive even tried translating guitar tabs to notes but i can tell this isnt right. Can anyone thats pro help me just get started? Im not able to play ear yet but i really love this song

This is the only piano cover i have found
Ive been trying so hard to get this song down ive even tried translating guitar tabs to notes but i can tell this isnt right. Can anyone thats pro help me just get started? Im not able to play ear yet but i really love this song

This is the only piano cover i have found

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Re: Need help on a song!! [ cant find sheet ]
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 08:34:36 PM
You could ask the one piano cover for his arrangements, unless he just learned it by ear. Then, you have two options- learn it by ear, or arrange it yourself :)

Offline 8_octaves

Re: Need help on a song!! [ cant find sheet ]
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 01:33:08 AM
Ive been trying so hard to get this song down ive even tried translating guitar tabs to notes but i can tell this isnt right. Can anyone thats pro help me just get started? Im not able to play ear yet [...]

You could ask the one piano cover for his arrangements, unless he just learned it by ear. Then, you have two options- learn it by ear, or arrange it yourself :)

Hi farzanjj,

chopinlover is right. I found out, on first glance, that there isn't sheetmusic directly for piano of content of "Melophobia" out there yet, if not on some of the sheetmusic-trade-sites, where people sometimes offer their own arrangements to swap / spread them.

I checked the shop on Cage the Elephant's homepage, too, but there isn't sheetmusic, either.

https://www.cagetheelephant.com/shop/

But one could buy the mp3 of "Come a little closer" for 0,99, and then perhaps make up via special software a midifile and then a "piano score" of it. But these results are often bad, and that's not recommendable.

There's only one book of printed music out there, by Cage the Elephant. But it isn't from Melophobia, but from "Thank you, happy birthday!". And it's GUITAR-Notes, plus Guitar-Tablature, plus voice.

Thank you happy birthday
Cage the Elephant (Musical group)
Milwaukee, WI : Hal Leonard Corporation, [2011]
Series:    Hal Leonard guitar recorded versions.
Partitur : Rockmusik : Englisch
Document type: Musikalische Partitur
Authors: Cage the Elephant (Musical group)
ISBN:    9781458401236 : 1458401235

Description:    "Authentic transcriptions with notes and tablature." -- Cover.
For voice and guitar(s) in standard notation and staff tablature; includes chord symbols and guitar chord diagrams.
Further description: 1 score (109 p.) ; 31 cm.

Content:Always something -- Aberdeen -- Indy kidz -- Shake me down -- 2024 -- Sell yourself --
Rubber ball -- Right before my eyes -- Around my head -- Sabertooth tiger -- Japanese buffalo -- Flow -- Shiver.

Series title:    Hal Leonard guitar recorded versions.
Authors:    Cage the Elephant.

Greetings from 8_octaves.
"Never be afraid to play before an artist.
The artist listens for that which is well done,
the person who knows nothing listens for the faults." (T. Carreņo, quoting her 2nd teacher, Gottschalk.)

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert