Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: How to VIDEO me playing piano? (NOT record)  (Read 1469 times)

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
How to VIDEO me playing piano? (NOT record)
on: May 01, 2015, 03:49:30 AM
Hi guys! So this might sound like a weird question.... yeah I'm kind of a noob when it comes to video/cinematography stuff. But I've got a prelude all worked out and perfect, a great piano, a pair of nice mics and all that is worked out. I want to record myself playing the prelude and video/record myself doing it. I know how to put the mic audio track with the video, I'm just wondering, does anyone have any tips for camera position?!? I have 2 cameras. I literally spent a half hour with some music stands and cameras, but every time it either looked stupid, or you couldn't see me actually playing. Could someone quickly tell me where to place the 2 cameras to where I can switch the video between them and make it look nice? Thank you for answering my stupid question ;)
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810