Piano Forum

Poll

Is this appealing, entertaining, or unbearable?

appealing
1 (25%)
entertaining
1 (25%)
unbearable
2 (50%)
other
0 (0%)
undecided
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Bach for Computer [1979]  (Read 1593 times)

Offline michael_sayers

Bach for Computer [1979]
on: May 30, 2015, 10:07:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

I found this album on YouTube.

Mvh,
Michael

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bach for Computer [1979]
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 06:15:28 AM
Yes, I do like that sort of thing very much. I loved the original "Switched On Bach" LP, and later on, when home computers such as the Amiga made it easy, I enjoyed orchestrating baroque music with all sorts of sound samples, mixing up keys, inverting the voices, playing things backwards and so on. Finally, I began writing code to compose, orchestrate and play it. It was a delightful experiment, one which I keep intending to develop further but so far haven't.

See here: https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=18165.msg194800#msg194800
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline michael_sayers

Re: Bach for Computer [1979]
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 08:20:15 AM
Hi Ted,

Those were the days . . . of Amiga, Commodore 64 and the VIC-20 [I still have a VIC-20  ;D ] . . . the 1980s were great, in my opinion.

I had a copy of the Switched on Bach L.P., too.

Thanks for sharing the recordings - I'll respond to them directly and in the appropriate thread (which is in the Audition Room).

Mvh,
Michael

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert