Piano Forum

Topic: I hate everyone  (Read 1637 times)

Offline rachmaninoff_forever

• PS Silver Member
I hate everyone
on: June 22, 2015, 03:33:37 PM
Has anyone been attacked or jumped before?

If so describe your experience.

I just had another close call last night and I was with my girlfriend and it scared the sh*t out of her. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

And it wasn't even late man I hate everyone.
Live large, die large.  Leave a giant coffin.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Re: I hate everyone
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 05:14:34 PM
I was attacked once many years ago when I was super strong, fearless and incredibly nasty.

One ran away and the other was taken to hospital with suspected broken ribs and fractured jaw. I was arrested.

Never a nice experience whatever the outcome.

Thal

Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 08:14:49 PM
I was attacked once many years ago when I was super strong, fearless and incredibly nasty.

One ran away and the other was taken to hospital with suspected broken ribs and fractured jaw. I was arrested.

Never a nice experience whatever the outcome.

Thal

The moral of the story: Don't mess with Thal. He'll f*** you up worse than Schumann's music.

Offline diomedes

Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 01:28:35 PM
Once, in university. Rather close to campus, the 2 thugs were significantly larger than me so intuition told me my chances are better with the road and oncoming traffic. I avoided the cars, or they avoided me, and that's that.

As most of us know, Raymond Lewenthal had a much more unfortunate incident and his hands needed a long time to recover before he could perform again.

People are people.
Beethoven-Alkan, concerto 3
Faure barcarolle 10
Mozart-Stradal, symphony 40

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 03:11:45 PM
I was on the train coming home from the beach and it was around 8:00 so it was still light outside and we were a few stops from getting out of the hood.

This one dude was asking everyone to use their phone so eventually he came up to me and my girlfriend and asked and we were like no.  Like dude why the *** would we let a random dude use our phone on the train in the hood.  

ANYWAYS, he found some dude who was willing to so he made his phone call and that was it.  

Then after that he was talking sh*t.  He walked behind me and was like 'you guys acting hella scary.  I should knock those glasses off your face' except insert a few swear words and a ghetto voice.  And I was thinking like fuuuck dude please don't be on this sh*t.  So he sits across the aisle from me and my girlfriend and tries to grab me so I smack his arm and look at him  And he's talking all this sh*t talkin about 'why you so scary I ain't even on that sh*t.  Be honest I know you got a phone on you come on' but I just ignore him and stare at him.  And his buddy is at the door and I make eye contact with him for like three seconds with the *** you I'm not on that sh*t control your *** animal face and he caught on and tells the other dude that they gotta get off the next stop.  So for the rest of the train ride the dude sitting next to me is talking sh*t while I'm staring down his friend at the door.

At first I was gonna punch his ass in the face but there were two people and the dude standing at the door wasn't on this sh*t but if his friend and I were fighting he would jump in.  I took my knife out of my right pocket (he was to the left of me so he couldn't see it) cause I was so ready to stab his ass if him and his buddy wanted to start some sh*t.

So now my girlfriend was freaking out cause she's never been in that situation before and the dude is like what is she acting so scary for.  So now I'm really scared and the adrenaline is pumping and my heart is beating and I'm just waiting for him to do something cause I was so ready to stab him.  then the train stops and him and his buddy gets off.

But they don't actual get off they move to another car.  They get off at the NEXT stop and while the train is moving he bangs on our window and scares the sh*t out of me and my girl.

So there was another dude who was watching the whole thing and he was like 'yeah man if sh*t went down I would've had your back blah blah blah'.  So it was nice knowing that it would've been two on two and not two on one.  

But yeah man that sh*t was such a bummer it ruined the rest of our night.  If I stabbed him he probably wouldn't have died but I would probably go to jail, I would have to go to court and need a lawyer, and my girlfriends parents would've freaked out cause her parents don't like me and she didn't tell her parents that she was in Chicago with me and she would have to be an eye witness and it would've been such a *** hassle of sh*t went down man.

I was already jumped by three people twice on the trains before and I'm like naw dude *** that sh*t not again.  It's scary getting your ass beat and righy before it happens there's a moment when you're like 'fuuuuuck dude this is real it's ACTUALLY going down like this' it sucks man.

Offline compline

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 03:39:56 PM
Aren't there any cameras on the trains or transport police? 

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 03:41:07 PM
Aren't there any cameras on the trains or transport police?  

Yup

Well there's cameras everywhere but not cops.

I've only seen cops near or in the loop or downtown area (especially the redline because that's the train that takes you the closest to Michigan Ave where all the rich businesses are  and it's DEATH) cause that's where all the businesses are and if there's crime nearby that's bad business.  But if it's in a bad neighborhood cops are either too scared or don't care.  Or both.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 11:08:51 PM
Sounds like it was handled about as well as it could have.

If it's on a train, are there more people around?  Or a conductor? 

Pepper spray/mace or a whistle could work too.  Anything you have as a weapon might be turned against you too though.  Being on a train would make things tougher.

The only other thing I'm thinking of would have been to switch cars if possible.  Maybe act like it's your stop, but really move several cars down, esp. if there are more people or a conductor there.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 12:26:51 AM

I had a very traumatic experience involving a physical attack that left me hating the world and not trusting anyone...

I don't mean to sound cliche but--to cope  I isolated myself in a room with a piano and played obsessively for  months on end. Sometimes I wouldn't eat or sleep...all I did was practice.  I pounded my anger and hatred into the instrument until finally I didn't hurt anymore and I wasn't angry... because I was too busy being amazed at how well I was playing...   ;)

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 03:46:56 AM
I've been in one incident in my life, where I was going to a shadier party and people were being stupid. I had a feeling that something might happen but was socially obligated to go (funny, humans are the only animals that will place social interaction at a higher priority than safety), so I brought a rolled up newspaper. Had a duct tape binding on the inside and clear tape on the outside, so it didn't look suspicious. I had a heavier coat on, too, which helped conceal it. I was later pushed around by an older guy (14-15, I was 13) and I used the paper. Quite effective, actually, I found out, because one good hit to his temple was enough to get him off me for long enough so that people could intervene :P

Offline flashyfingers

Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 02:11:46 PM
Start going to the gym and get buff as fuuuu. Hit that gym every day.
I'm hungry

Offline michael_sayers

Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 02:14:29 PM

Don't let any piano fingers get caught between the plates.

Mvh,
Michael

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 02:28:43 PM
A few weeks ago I had a friend who is visibly disabled get mugged by three girls who bashed her to the ground and took her Iphone. Thankfully she was robbed just about 200m from my home so she came to my door. We tracked her Iphone on the internet and I sent "bounty hunters" off after them while I looked after my poor friend. They found the girls at the train station and they ran for their lives, they were caught and the cops took over. It was in the local paper, my poor friend is now too afraid to exercise to gain back her strength after stroke. Never walk alone, and pepper spray those pests lol.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 10:05:41 PM

I took my knife out of my right pocket (he was to the left of me so he couldn't see it) cause I was so ready to stab his ass if him and his buddy wanted to start some sh*t.

y

gotta love Chi-town... 

this is probably not the best course of action for a serious pianist...  I am not saying that you were wrong... only that you should avoid knives.. not good for the hands.  You should probably avoid situations where random guys make you want to stab their asses, too.   No jobs at Joliet for concert pianists, yeah?

I grew up in Toledo...    now I live across the street from the Gulf of Mexico.   I found that not having to deal with lake effect snow, wind chills, and heating oil made quite a difference in my overall attitude.  Maybe you should consider a change of venue as well.   :)

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 09:16:06 PM

I do lift #scronggame

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 09:19:44 PM
y

gotta love Chi-town... 

this is probably not the best course of action for a serious pianist...  I am not saying that you were wrong... only that you should avoid knives.. not good for the hands.  You should probably avoid situations where random guys make you want to stab their asses, too.   No jobs at Joliet for concert pianists, yeah?

The reason why I took the blue line at a relatively early time was so I could avoid being in that situation in the first place but it happened anyways.  And there's no other way for me to get home by train without going through the west side.

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 09:56:40 PM
.  And there's no other way for me to get home by train without going through the west side.

bummer...  scary place...    I steer clear of the South and West sides when I visit the windy city... usually there just to go through O'hare.  I prefer to live in the the deep south  8)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 10:36:53 PM
Maybe just sit with large groups or near the conductor.

Whatever you would do, you might come out on the negative end even if you "win."

Anything you use to protect yourself could be used against you if they get it away from you.   Or... what if they got your girlfriend away from you?

Better to avoid.  But if you had to, better to eliminate the problem.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline Petter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 12:49:08 AM
It probably would have gone down smoother if you hadn't gone all alpha maleish about it. Or get a bigger knife.
"A gentleman is someone who knows how to play an accordion, but doesn't." - Al Cohn

Offline cuberdrift

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 03:28:39 AM
No, not since my childhood days.

It's been quite a long time since I actually had a physical fight.

By the way, wasn't Richter a bar brawler? Why would he? Wasn't he homosexual?  ???

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 03:30:16 AM
No, not since my childhood days.

It's been quite a long time since I actually had a physical fight.

By the way, wasn't Richter a bar brawler? Why would he? Wasn't he homosexual?  ???

Waht relevance does the last question have?

Offline cuberdrift

• PS Silver Member
Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 03:56:50 AM
Waht relevance does the last question have?

I've always been curious about that...but I just re-read the story now. Well, maybe he wasn't REALLY a bar brawler, that was just one uncommon incident.

Anyways, I actually have a bit of a thing about this. I feel I've got some kind of deep-rooted problem in me that involves me not being "confident" about myself - like I actually SECRETLY want to get involved in a fight and BEAT someone just to prove that I'm not to be messed with. Perhaps it all comes with this "male-ish" mentality of needing to be tough/strong and all that to prove your worth as a guy. Maybe is the same "warrior/tough guy" mentality that's been such a popular cliche for ages.

I HAVE been in fights as a kid, but that was long ago. I've been sort of an underdog kind of guy in my high school years so perhaps that's responsible for my insecurity.

I know inside myself I have an dark (maybe not exactly an 'evil' in the sense of being more bad than needed) side, the part of me that's reacts emotionally...that seeks revenge on whoever douchebag I encounter. But everyone tells me it's bad and all that, it's bad to be violent, bad to be vengeful, that you'll regret it after, the whole 'if you fight then you're no different from the bad guy' philosophy all over again...that is after all what my religion is about, and, well, it DOES make sense.

But seriously. I can 'fight' the way Gandhi did - certainly not an act of cowardice - but it's terribly hard to stay put that way especially if your adversary is simply being such a total ***. My emotional side will probably still take over and I'll end up beating the sh*t out of them, just to teach everyone a lesson, and more significantly, to PROVE myself.

I find it very tempting to fight the bad guys by being more bad than the bad guys. I've got a thing for movie and book villains - you know how they work, and of course that's NOT NICE in real life. But it's just simply tempting to deal with all these assholes by scaring their ass so much they won't even want to look at me ever again.

In short, *** with me, and you get;

Anyone else with the same problem?   ???

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 03:58:03 AM
It probably would have gone down smoother if you hadn't gone all alpha maleish about it. Or get a bigger knife.

Oh come on it went down pretty smooth considering nothing did actually happen.

But the thing is if someone is trying to run you the best thing to do is to at least try to look "alpha maleish" because they won't do anything.  The reason why people get jumped is because the predators think you look like a bitch and they can easily take advantage of you.  But if you look like you're gonna fight back then you're good.

Besides its not like I was talking sh*t back I just stared at them.

Offline cuberdrift

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: June 27, 2015, 04:06:36 AM
Oh come on it went down pretty smooth considering nothing did actually happen.

But the thing is if someone is trying to run you the best thing to do is to at least try to look "alpha maleish" because they won't do anything.  The reason why people get jumped is because the predators think you look like a bitch and they can easily take advantage of you.  But if you look like you're gonna fight back then you're good.

Besides its not like I was talking sh*t back I just stared at them.

Well, looks like you understand now the importance of the way of the Silverback gorilla.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 04:07:34 AM
Maybe just sit with large groups or near the conductor.

Whatever you would do, you might come out on the negative end even if you "win."

Anything you use to protect yourself could be used against you if they get it away from you.   Or... what if they got your girlfriend away from you?

Better to avoid.  But if you had to, better to eliminate the problem.

Yeah large groups are always safe, but the conductor isn't gonna do anything.  He's just like everyone else on the train.  Additionally not all trains have a lot of people.  I've been jumped on the green twice so I started taking the blue more often cause like nothing happens on it.  Except for that time but still.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert