Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Introductions  (Read 1199 times)

Offline kirito1

Introductions
on: July 02, 2015, 01:09:01 PM
Hello fellow pianists!

I'm new to the pianostreet forums, and I randomly stumbled upon this forum by random browsing. I registered for an account on this forum hoping that I could get advice from some other pianists of a higher level than me!

A bit about myself:
I am a Malaysian piano student who has studied piano for 8 years. I have had a history of changing music teachers due to one reason or the other, and this style of following recommendations brought me to a piano teacher who is famous in our country for being aurally -impaired. Due to this, he inspired me to 'listen carefully to every note', because if he could do it, surely a person with normal hearing should be able to do this effortlessly! ;) It is not until very recently that I really started to step up my game and put more effort into practicing.

Two of my inspirations are the Youtube pianists Animenz and Theishter. The (crazy!) transcriptions of Animenz inspire me to boost my technique to be able to play them, while Theishter inspires me because his skill level was attributed to self study.

What am I playing now?
Currently, I am finishing off Beethoven's 32 Variations in C minor. I feel that it is quite a fun piece, and the fact that each variation is a tiny etude makes it a good warm-up too. That's why I put my status as a 'beginner to intermediate piano student'.

Challenges?
Well, my hands are tiny, and they are only JUST enough to be able to do 1-5 to 1-4 octave passages. But I feel that I have done a decent job in attempting to overcome my physical challenges, and now I need to break my mental barriers.

So, that's kind of it about me. I hope that I can make some ties with other pianists across the world!  ;D

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: Introductions
Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 09:37:38 PM
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Re: Introductions
Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 09:32:54 AM
Welcome home darling.
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert