Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: "spoken word" - original composition  (Read 906 times)

Offline themeandvariation

• PS Silver Member
"spoken word" - original composition
on: July 22, 2015, 04:08:32 PM
This is a piece for 'voice', percussion, piano, 'mandicello', and violin.. 
Comments are welcome and appreciated..
Thank you for listening.

https://soundcloud.com/upinsmoke-4/spoken-word-mx2-5-2015
4'33"

Offline whatthefuck389

Re: "spoken word" - original composition
Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 02:34:39 AM
wow it's great!  :)
what do you think of my composition? 

Offline themeandvariation

• PS Silver Member
Re: "spoken word" - original composition
Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 04:17:46 AM
@whattheF...

Hi.
I did listen to your piece..  I can tell by your movements that you have a lot of emotion for this piece… That is a good thing… You are using 4 chords (lh rolling patterns…mostly in the root position) and exploring the melodic possibilities with the rh.  The melodies 'work' and the tempo is flowing… Have you thought of throwing other chords into the mix? or maybe going to another section?…. Or you might try having the left hand take the melody while the rh plays background?

Thank you for your comment about my piece… I know that this work is not suited for many..

It has an angular first section with an extended tonal palette… then breaks into a kind of village dance, and then the meditative afterthought/coda  (actually the piece was conceived  to accompany dance… which tells a story.. The first of a set of pieces to that project)
4'33"

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert