Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Video: Chopin - Nocturne op 9 no 2  (Read 1124 times)

Offline mirunasandra

Video: Chopin - Nocturne op 9 no 2
on: July 28, 2015, 03:35:43 PM
Hello
Any comments on how to improve my interpretation would be appreciated.

Thank you

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Re: Video: Chopin - Nocturne op 9 no 2
Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 11:19:26 PM
I would say overall, you're lacking shape in your phrases. One of my teacher's teachers would say "Oh, it is boring" in a thick english accent when you didn't shape everything.
Also, around 2:45, the rhythm doesn't seem quite right.
You could add more dynamic variance in just about everything, though some of that is probably because of the camera.

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 04:42:39 AM
"Oh, it is boring" in a thick english accent when you didn't shape everything.

Ouw, eye tis bur ing.
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:28:30 AM
to add on i feel like the rubatos are kind of unintentional or due to the fact that you are still not comfortable with this piece..technically..musically w/e

I think you should play slower, get the rhythms right, and try not to deviate from the tempo so much. be strict to the tempo. Once you are completely comfortable, you can begin to add in your flair but try not to exaggerate with the ritards. i mean they can sound cool but if you use them to much it'll just sound like sloppy playing.

but overall i still think its a good attempt. you're in the final stages of studying a piece, you got the notes down, now all you need to do is polish it! I'm assuming you're a self-leaner, right? even more achievement, good job! but the hard work starts here...time to make it beautiful!

Offline mirunasandra

Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 11:34:42 AM
Thank you all for your comments and remarks, I am indeed a self learner and I've started studying it only recently - still have a long way to go - that's why I wanted to hear some oppinions.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert