Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Looking for Good Online Pianists  (Read 1927 times)

Offline josh93248

Looking for Good Online Pianists
on: August 02, 2015, 03:38:55 PM
Hi Everyone, I'm new here, having just joined. I hope I can make a couple connections and learn some things while I'm here.

Anyway, to the point.

I'm curious to know if people know of and can suggest where I can find some good or at least interesting pianists floating around on the web. I absolutely do not mind self promotion, so long as you can give me some idea of what you're about.

So to give you a more specific idea of what I'm looking for here are some criteria to consider.

1. Preferably they're active on Youtube - I'm not saying they have to be, it's just what I prefer and where I am based myself.

2. Preferably they are classically inclined - Now I don't mind if they're into a mix of musical styles so long as there is some quality to what they do and they're not just doing endless piano versions of pop songs... not that there's anything wrong with that... necessarily...

3. Not too big of a following or name - Now I have nothing against her really, she seems fine, but I don't want to join the Valentina Lisitsa army. I really want to find smaller pianists and musicians who are...

And this is the most important point...

4. WORTHY OF MORE ATTENTION - I really would like to listen to and engage with pianists, and, in fact, ANY musician who is small time but good, interesting and, for any reason, you feel deserves more of a look-in.

Okay I think that about covers it.

Cheers, Josh.
Care to see my playing?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBqAtDI8LYOZ2ZzvEwRln7A/videos

I Also offer FREE PIANO LESSONS over Skype. Those who want to know more, feel free to PM me.

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Re: Looking for Good Online Pianists
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 05:44:22 PM

Hi Josh,

you can click on the link at the bottom and see my dcstudio account.  I have a few views--but don't worry I am not Valentina..  Classically trained--but working jazz pianist.. cocktail pianist..I play the guitar and I sing a little.

this is a video from my other YT account.  Last Easter at a restaurant I play at sometimes.  I am kinda on strike there until he fixes that piano...

nice to meet you

Offline josh93248

Re: Looking for Good Online Pianists
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 06:23:17 PM
Thanks for replying dcstudio, maybe we'll see more of eachother. I left a couple comments on your videos.

Any other people care to put themselves or anyone else forward?
Care to see my playing?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBqAtDI8LYOZ2ZzvEwRln7A/videos

I Also offer FREE PIANO LESSONS over Skype. Those who want to know more, feel free to PM me.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert