Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Was Franz Liszt a pick-up artist?  (Read 5802 times)

Offline schumaniac

• PS Silver Member
Re: Was Franz Liszt a pick-up artist?
Reply #50 on: November 08, 2015, 04:34:05 AM
Maybe she advertised herself to Liszt, who probably wasn't interested...

Then she got all crazy and h8er.

Nice for Fifty Shades of Franz.

These books, which concern the abuse of women and cause concern for the abuse of the English language... I could write one of these for fun, just to mock that style of prose. It would be like imitating Glenn Gould's Chopin (edit: started a page!)

And Clara Schumann had eight children with Robert (at that time you must have had to be very faithful in order to do that eight times with one person [doubt they had birth control in those days]). what you say doesn't line up with ANYTHING we know about he: 1) that she (FIGURATIVELY) had a stick up her ass and 2) "wore widowers clothes for the rest of her life." She probably loved Brahms back, but couldn't bring herself to consummate the relationship

Offline rubinsteinmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #51 on: November 08, 2015, 07:51:06 PM
These books, which concern the abuse of women and cause concern for the abuse of the English language... I could write one of these for fun, just to mock that style of prose. It would be like imitating Glenn Gould's Chopin (edit: started a page!)

And Clara Schumann had eight children with Robert (at that time you must have had to be very faithful in order to do that eight times with one person [doubt they had birth control in those days]). what you say doesn't line up with ANYTHING we know about he: 1) that she (FIGURATIVELY) had a stick up her ass and 2) "wore widowers clothes for the rest of her life." She probably loved Brahms back, but couldn't bring herself to consummate the relationship
Shut. up.

Theres a difference between a "historical fantasy novel" and a "biography." ::)

Offline schumaniac

• PS Silver Member
Reply #52 on: November 08, 2015, 08:03:23 PM
Shut. up.

Theres a difference between a "historical fantasy novel" and a "biography." ::)
oh ok
so like Clara Schumann fanfiction

Offline rubinsteinmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #53 on: November 08, 2015, 08:10:08 PM
oh ok
so like Clara Schumann fanfiction

no, its called "Franz Liszt fanfiction"

Offline schumaniac

• PS Silver Member
Reply #54 on: November 08, 2015, 08:10:58 PM
yeah ok

Offline abel2

Reply #55 on: November 20, 2015, 03:34:50 AM

Honestly, I'm enough of a Liszt fan to read that.

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #56 on: November 20, 2015, 04:36:46 PM
Honestly, I'm enough of a Liszt fan to read that.

you and many others...  :)  that is why I honestly feel I am enough of a fantasy novelist to write it...  I can promise one thing--no wimpy one dimensional heroine who constantly bites her lip like in50 Shades  or...  just stands there monotonously staring with her mouth open--and get's a paper cut from wrapping paper like in Twilight...

I do like the immortal vampire type thing though... it's a very convenient way of commenting on history when you develop  a character who has lived through all of it.. :)  as a literary device it allows many possibilities
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert