Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Pianio repetoire help  (Read 1244 times)

Offline duckmalone

Pianio repetoire help
on: August 26, 2015, 02:50:19 AM
I'm am (or at least I think) a early advance piano player. I know this is a tough time for a piano player because the difficulties of these pieces varies so much from grader to grader. I need help picking new pieces and I knew this was the place to start.

So far, I've played and mastered ( in the order I played them):

Invention no 8
Polonaise in g minor ( the one he wrote when  he was 7)
Bagatelle no 1, 3 , and I'm working on 8 and 10 tcherpenin
RCM grade 8 piano book

I want to know if I ready for these songs

Hunting song, songs without words
Moonlight sonata 2mvt
Elite syncopations , Joplin

I want to know what you think of these songs and if you have anymore suggestions. I love rags and romantic literature.
Any help is greatly appreciated and will help me a lot with my piano
Thanks!

Also, I am new to these forums, so if I am in the wrong place just tell me and I'll move my topic.

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Re: Pianio repetoire help
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 04:15:04 AM
Which songs without words were you thinking of playing?
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810

Offline duckmalone

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 04:17:07 AM
Really any of them, but I would love to play hunting song. ( probably out of my range though).
I would also not mind playing consolation

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 04:19:34 AM
Really any of them, but I would love to play hunting song. ( probably out of my range though).
I would also not mind playing consolation

Oh I see what you mean, I thought you meant hunting song, as well as some songs without words. My bad. It just occurred to me that hunting song IS a song without words!!

What do you think of the first one, op. 19 "sweet remembrance"? It's very nice and manageable.

BTW, if you like hunting song, and it's something you can really put a lot of effort into, I say go for it. You will do much better with that than with a song that's "doable" that you don't like and you won't put as much effort into.
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum

Offline duckmalone

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 04:25:40 AM
I looked up the sweet remembrances and it is beautiful. I will definitely consider playing it.
Thanks for your help and sorry for my poor spelling :)

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 04:33:03 AM
I looked up the sweet remembrances and it is beautiful. I will definitely consider playing it.
Thanks for your help and sorry for my poor spelling :)

Don't worry about it! I was totally joking and I probably shouldn't have said that. Good luck with your repertoire, however you want to spell it!  :D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert