Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: performance stress and how to focus on music  (Read 2694 times)

Offline kawai_cs

performance stress and how to focus on music
on: October 04, 2015, 08:15:33 PM
Hi!
I have to perform in a recital soon. Unfortunately for me it will be in a large concert hall. Unfortunately, because it will be my first public performance. At first I thought it would be just a small recital with few people so it did not bother me that much but then it turned out otherwise :(
When I attended music school in my teenage years I only performed in exams but that doesn't count since the judges where the teachers I knew and they were always busy writing something in their notebooks so I was not that nervous to perform in front of them.
But now it is a different story.  I have absolutely no experience and know-how how to survive live performance. On top of that it will NOT be possible to try the piano before the performance, so I really have no idea how I will be able to focus - that is my main worry. Because a lot of things distract me even when I play at home.
How to focus playing on a grand you haven't tried with lots of people looking?
I know it is maybe a ridiculous question for people who perform often but it really bothers me if I am going to be able to focus on playing.
Chopin, 10-8 | Chopin, 25-12 | Haydn, HOB XVI:20

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Re: performance stress and how to focus on music
Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 09:02:38 PM
Good question. I'm not great at this either but here's my $2/100...

1. Play slower than you think you need to.

2. Sing the music in your head as you play.

3. Do not run through the piece when you're sitting down, waiting to be called up next. I mean, like tapping your fingers on the chair as if you were playing. You will undoubtedly forget some notes there (you won't when you're actually at the keyboard) and you will end up psyching yourself out when you get to that spot in the piece.

4. Play as if the composer was sitting on the bench next to you.

5. Just remember that the people in the audience are probably thinking about something at work, their girlfriend, snapchat, minecraft, etc... they really won't care at all if you make a mistake, even if they are enjoying your performance!

6. You NEED to think positively. So, for instance, instead of "I hope I don't miss that hight d sharp again", you will think "I need to be extremely careful on that d sharp and play it all the way to the bottom of the key" or something like that. Instead of "I hope I don't...", say "I need to/will do this".

7. AND THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT, realize that you probably WILL make a few mistakes. Don't be unrealistic with yourself. Nearly every single one of the people this year in the Chopin competition has made little mistakes here and there. When you realize that you will make some mistakes, you won't freak out when they actually happen in the recital. Just keep playing (DO NOT play that section again to get it right) and nobody will care. ;)

8. I also found this very interesting. Read through it, it's not that long. https://www.chopin.org/articles/On%20Preparation%20for%20a%20Piano%20Competition%20-%20Slenczynska.pdf

Good luck!
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 09:20:06 PM
Thanks so much, Pencilart! That was so helpful! I will learn your tips by heart :)
When I play for somebody I often find that I am thinking about the upcoming notes in advance to realize that I sometimes don't remember what they are and am freaking out but then my hands know them anyways. Is anybody experiencing it too? How to get rid of that thinking? Or maybe it means I should know the notes better by heart (like 100%) - so that I do not rely too much on kinetic memory? It just takes so much more time to memorize it that way.
Yes, I am 100% sure I will make mistakes. When you said this it is ok I feel better with it now:-)
However what do I do if blackout occurs? :-[
I know I have a lot of negativity about it -  I don't know how to change my attitude, because I should actually be happy having an opportunity to perform in a nice concert hall. Why am being so silly - why can't I just enjoy it?! It is not a competition, nothing depends on it.

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 10:12:55 PM

this may sound strange...  but I make the performances not that important...  it's just another gig.  You were comfortable in your juries it sounds like...  psyche yourself into that place again.  As you practice your piece figure out what you are going to think about while you perform--specifics like chord progressions or even note  names, rhythm counts--whatever.  Have that set and you will have far less chance of a breakdown.  Train the brain and it will stay with you...;D   It's those blank performances where it's all muscle memory that tend to break down...  a busy mind doesn't have time to get scared... ;D

and pencilart gave you fine advice as well!!! 

they are thinking about work or their girlfriend--dinner---lol..  they will be amazed no matter how bad you think it went...  I would bet MONEY on it... 8)  remember that too!   

It does get easier... LOTS EASIER :)

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 10:51:02 PM
As you practice your piece figure out what you are going to think about while you perform--specifics like chord progressions or even note  names, rhythm counts--whatever.  Have that set and you will have far less chance of a breakdown.  Train the brain and it will stay with you...;D   It's those blank performances where it's all muscle memory that tend to break down...  a busy mind doesn't have time to get scared... ;D

Dcstudio, thank you!!  You always have most helpful advice at hand!  I guess that it is exactly what I need for my note cross checking problem. This will help me not to psyche myself into thinking that I do not know the next notes because I will be busy thinking the prepared staff. Also, that will help me not to think that the audience is watching. Wow, I am going to figure it out right away.
May I ask what do you most often think while you perform? Is it chord progressions or something different? Just trying to get some more ideas since I am not so quick with the chords.

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 11:02:17 PM
However what do I do if blackout occurs? :-[

I'm glad I could be helpful! Ok, so this is tricky. But I've never had a blackout - ever - so here's what I do to avoid it:

LISTEN TO IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again! I mean it! Different interpretations, different recording eras, amateurs and professionals, your favorites, new pianists you have never heard of... listen to it OVER and over again! Be able to sing it in your sleep or backward (just kidding lol) but just really know it better than the back of your hand. Then, when you're performing, just keep it going in your mind, just like a great performer (like zimerman) would play it, and try to play it just like that. If you make a mistake... who cares? Just keep plowing through it until you get your bearings again.

In the final round at the Chopin Competition in 2005, Rafal Blechacz make a mistake in the final movement of Chopin's e minor concerto. Unfortunately, it was just before an extremely difficult section. He missed a few notes, but he just kept playing and got back on track. And? He won by more than ever before in the history of the competition. He could have panicked at messing up right as he was entering this tough section, but he just kept going and he did great! Black outs happen when you make a mistake, panic, and don't know how the piece goes. If you know how it goes, just fumble around until you find that you are playing the correct notes again.
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum

Offline ajlongspiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 11:22:15 PM
Very fine advice by Noah and DC studio. I don't have much more to add.

I like to spend a lot of time alone in thought before a performance or competition, thinking about life and how everything that's about to take place is more frivolous than I make it out to be. It's not about me, or how perfect I play, it's not really about me at all. It's about sharing beautiful music and touching the hearts and lives of other people in the hall, we're just a vessel for that. Let the music speak for itself, and if you make a mistake that just proves that you're human. A fallible, imperfect, human just like everyone else here. And to be honest, that's what I value most in music, humanity, a sense of fragility.. You'll do great, I hope you remember to have an awesome time :)

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 03:46:20 AM
I'm glad I could be helpful! Ok, so this is tricky. But I've never had a blackout - ever - so here's what I do to avoid it:

You are a lucky one! But if you've never had any, doing what you do to avoid them is not necessarily enough :)

It doesn't help to know how the piece goes if you are unable to remember a specific detail like what note the left hand plays to get it going again. Blackouts can be about brain chemistry as much as lack of preparation. I get blackouts even in practice and often in spots I know perfectly well. I simply lose my focus too much to remember some specific detail. To try to avoid them totally is a hopeless mission in my age. Instead I need to work on my psyche to get over them as quickly as possible, avoiding panic (which just makes it worse) and make sure there are enough spots in the piece to start again if it comes to that. Now when it happens in performance I tend to resort to humour. Making fun of yourself is a good way to make the audience feel less uncomfortable when you stumble...Maybe next time I should actually start singing what I cannot play...since in my mind I always do know how the piece goes  ;D

It would be great to be as relaxed about the occasional black outs in playing as I am in public speaking....and just improvise something until I get back on track. Might not ever get there though...

Offline hardy_practice

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 05:47:29 AM
Or maybe it means I should know the notes better by heart (like 100%) - so that I do not rely too much on kinetic memory? It just takes so much more time to memorize it that way.
Out of the mouths of babes!  Yes, it's ten times more hard work to be able to play your program in your head spotlessly but you then have it in a place adrenaline can't reach.  Finger memory is bound to end in tears.
B Mus, PGCE, DipABRSM

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 11:35:40 AM
OMG, thank you so much guys! Your advice is absolutely invaluable and exactly what I need. I did not want to ask my teacher because I think I always try to hmm... impress her, so I was feeling pretty lost before I read your replies! I feel so much better now thanks to you!  :D

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 01:00:44 PM
Out of the mouths of babes!  Yes, it's ten times more hard work to be able to play your program in your head spotlessly but you then have it in a place adrenaline can't reach.  Finger memory is bound to end in tears.

Hardy_practice, tt is indeed so, isn't it? But what I am thinking is: do amateur pianists have so much time to practice e.g. a 8 page piece like this? I mean, in this time one could learn 2 new pieces. As an adult amateur pianist you have to struggle to find time to practice so the time is so precious and one would like to play so many pieces.
But since it is my first performance I guess I have to learn it that way - that is what I was afraid of, because it costs so much time.

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 03:07:24 PM
Dcstudio, thank you!!  You always have most helpful advice at hand!  I guess that it is exactly what I need for my note cross checking problem. This will help me not to psyche myself into thinking that I do not know the next notes because I will be busy thinking the prepared staff. Also, that will help me not to think that the audience is watching. Wow, I am going to figure it out right away.
May I ask what do you most often think while you perform? Is it chord progressions or something different? Just trying to get some more ideas since I am not so quick with the chords.

generally I think chord symbols or the pattern of the progression --I - vi - ii - V...for example --but that's how I trained my brain..  another REALLY effective thing to do is to make up words to go along with some of the thematic elements--this is a GREAT place to store information--especially in places that tend to be problems--when you reach those places the words you "tagged" to that melody will play automatically in your head---and it has saved my butt a bunch.  You can practice this aspect by simply singing those words with themes... do this away from the piano...and at the piano.

It is THIS--those words you have made up-- that you want to think about before your performance...  think about it at home, too... make them ingrained...and  if you make it rhyme...it will be solid as a rock.. I still employ this method :)

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 04:35:44 PM
Dcstudio, as you suggested, I am figuring and connecting some thoughts to the phrases I am playing.  However I do not have ideas yet for all of the places and I tend to think about imaginary audience, grrrr.... The word associations sound very interesting. I think I need to employ this idea.
So those words are just made up and they fit a given piece of phrase in terms of mood or rhythm or something else? They are like a set of words that correspond with the phrases of the piece? Am I getting it right? Or are those words somehow coding which notes you have to play or is their connection to the piece just imaginary, to keep the mind busy? Sorry for bothering you with all those questions.

Offline hardy_practice

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 04:49:02 PM
Hardy_practice, tt is indeed so, isn't it? But what I am thinking is: do amateur pianists have so much time to practice e.g. a 8 page piece like this? I mean, in this time one could learn 2 new pieces.
A busy adult must of necessity have a limited performing repertoire.
B Mus, PGCE, DipABRSM

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 05:04:41 PM
Dcstudio, as you suggested, I am figuring and connecting some thoughts to the phrases I am playing.  However I do not have ideas yet for all of the places and I tend to think about imaginary audience, grrrr.... The word associations sound very interesting. I think I need to employ this idea.
So those words are just made up and they fit a given piece of phrase in terms of mood or rhythm or something else? They are like a set of words that correspond with the phrases of the piece? Am I getting it right? Or are those words somehow coding which notes you have to play or is their connection to the piece just imaginary, to keep the mind busy? Sorry for bothering you with all those questions.

these words can be anything you want....  I happen to make phrases that contain information about the piece...  but that certainly isn't mandatory for every phrase....  the idea is to keep the brain focused on something so that is feels it is a part of what you are doing--then it doesn't start putting those little voices in your head that say things like..."you know you are going to crash at the start of the recapitulation..you can't do this...they all think you suck...  you don't have a clue what you are doing...."  lol...  THAT is what makes you CRASH...  and yes... I speak from experience...  I was not always free of  performance anxiety.

to make this phrases rhyme...adds to the musicality and makes them much harder to forget.   Accenting these phrases to correspond with the accents in your piece will cause your hands to naturally bring these things out.  Crescendos -- decrescendos--all of it you can put into your "tag" phrases. 

so basically your going to add words to the melody... you are going to sing those words in your head loudly or softly--as the case may be--plus add all the accents... it's like reading a poem almost...  and it will play in your head automatically if you prepare ahead of time...you won't have to think about it really

now obviously--if you are playing something like Chopins Opus 66 that doesn't have a very singable melody..  you can use the melody from triplets in the left hand.

the most important thing is to keep that mind from wandering off.. :)

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 07:54:01 PM
Thank you dcstudio, it was extremely helpful:-) All replies here helped a lot!

I have been trying to figure it out - I will probably do some places with words and some with chords. I was just thinking if it would work to try to remember the score? I mean, to memorize it that well that you can actually see it in your mind? I am wondering if that would work or would it not work when one is on stage and nervous?

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 08:45:37 PM
Thank you dcstudio, it was extremely helpful:-) All replies here helped a lot!

I have been trying to figure it out - I will probably do some places with words and some with chords. I was just thinking if it would work to try to remember the score? I mean, to memorize it that well that you can actually see it in your mind? I am wondering if that would work or would it not work when one is on stage and nervous?

that is another helpful tool... especially when you add it as a visual component to run with your preset "thought" plan.   That score is already in your head..  you have looked at it plenty.  My suggestion to do this would be to practice your "words and chords" while looking at the score both at the piano... and AWAY from the piano.  If you do this right that image will just naturally appear in your brain while you perform.   Tag the image of the score to the words you will think and you will see every page go by.   

I have a good feeling about this recital you are doing..   please post it :)  I would really love to hear you play.

Offline jknott

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 08:49:32 PM
hi kawai - you say you're an adult amateur, so i wonder why you are putting yourself through the agony of playing from memory? I've even seen some professionals play with the score, and it's certainly acceptable for amateurs.

When i was a teenager i was always made to play from memory e.g. in school concerts. I wasn't so nervous about the playing, but doing it from memory was pretty scary.

40 years later I'm much more nervous when playing, and it's enough to hope my fingers don't shake too much, so i've decided life is too short to play from memory. gets over the problem of repertoire too - I'd play far fewer pieces if i had to learn them by heart.

Just a thought.

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 11:43:41 PM
hi kawai - you say you're an adult amateur, so i wonder why you are putting yourself through the agony of playing from memory?

Jknott, you are right however my teacher wants everybody to play from memory and I am too young to say I cannot ;D I am most probably playing an allegro con molto fuoco etude so it would be difficult as well.

Dcstudio, thank you so much for your help and encouragement. I definitely want to post something for you guys, but so far I have not been happy enough with pieces I played (I had 15 years of break in playing until I started several months ago) . Not sure if the recital will be recorded, but if not then I will record something at home for you :)

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 12:27:58 AM
Jknott, you are right however my teacher wants everybody to play from memory and I am too young to say I cannot ;D I am most probably playing an allegro con molto fuoco etude so it would be difficult as well.

Dcstudio, thank you so much for your help and encouragement. I definitely want to post something for you guys, but so far I have not been happy enough with pieces I played (I had 15 years of break in playing until I started several months ago) . Not sure if the recital will be recorded, but if not then I will record something at home for you :)

if you wait until you are happy... we will never hear you... :)  LOL.    Be brave... people here are very kind to those who are honest about their abilities. It's the liars that get it in the audition room.   If you post something and a troll comes along he will have me to deal with...  and I am getting pretty good at ridding this site of the nasty old trolls.  I have an entourage I can call on for assistance if need be so fear not young Kawai_cs... we got your back.

I would really love to hear you play :)

Offline CC

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 04:33:49 PM
Don't worry about the "unfamiliar grand"; yes, you will get a few unexpected feels/sounds, etc., but you yourself will be amazed at how quickly you will get used to it, so expect to struggle a bit for the first few lines, but after that, you won't have any trouble concentrating on the music, simply because you will be so fully occupied with the job at hand that the piano will be the least of your worries. It is therefore important to practice the first few lines very well; every chance you have, play these few lines without any warm up, with cold hands. Everything tends to go very smoothly once you get a good start. However, you need to be concerned about the concert hall; a hall with good acoustics will absorb all the sound from the piano, so you may have difficulty hearing your own playing; in fact, if you put the music stand up, you may not hear anything! So make sure the stand is down or removed.

Most performers get most nervous just before they play; once you start, you will immediately become so pre-occupied with playing that nervousness will fade into the background. Knowing this is not only reassuring, because it happens to everybody, but you can use it to further suppress nervousness.  It also helps to know some basics:

Do not over-practice on recital day. Some teachers allow their students to practice at (near) full speed (never over speed) only once, and medium or slow speed several times before exams or recitals. Always play the performance pieces slowly or medium speeds (doesn't have to be very slow unless you are unsure of memory). Do not try to learn anything new for couple days before recital, but you can play anything you have learned previously, especially to keep the fingers warmed up and ready to go.

Most important, you should be conducting mental play, playing the piece in your mind, away from the piano. If you become good at it, you can play it in bits and pieces, from anywhere in the piece, one hand at a time, or both together. This is most useful for getting rid of nervousness before the performance, when you are waiting with nothing to do.  Try mental play to make good use of this extra time.  Be sure to bring the music, because if you get stuck during mental play, you can look it up and fix it.

Lots more detail in my web page link below (over 300 pages!).

C.C.Chang; my home page:

https://www.pianopractice.org/

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 07:27:02 PM
Thanks a lot CC for great tips. Indeed, I totally forgot about acoustics in the hall -this might be a bigger surprise than the grand itself indeed.
I know you book already - I have studied some parts of it some time ago. Thank you very much!

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 12:32:42 PM
Hi Folks,

I just wanted to thank you again for all your invaluable advice. My performance went pretty well. I was told I got a big applause (which I did not actually remember myself -  I guess I was pretty much in my own little world while playing and afterwards) and people would approach me during party afterwards to tell me that they loved the piece and enjoyed my performance:-)) That was so nice!! I played Chopin's op 25 no 12 much worse than I am able to but I knew it would be so because it was my first public performance in front of such large audience.
I was pretty nervous waiting to be called out but luckily I had my nerves under control. I knew my piece inside out, including starting anywhere in the piece, HS or HT. Preparing for the performance I was thinking that probably things around would distract me and my biggest worry was that I would not be able to focus. In fact, I did not care for anything around, smells, audience, nothing. There was just grand and music :) I did not even have time to think about anything while playing - I was just busy playing which surprised me very nicely. I think the thing with making lyrics to the music would probably work better with slow pieces for me.
To cut long story short - performing surprised me A LOT - like my own reactions to this situation where so much different than what I anticipated and actually everything was different than what I thought it would be. Good preparation means everything. It gives more confidence upfront.
Wow, I am really happy I did that!  :D Thanks all for your support! It helped a lot!

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 02:15:15 PM
Good job Kawai and congratulations! Post that etude in the Audition Room if you can ;)

Offline briansaddleback

Reply #24 on: November 24, 2015, 12:20:28 AM
Hi Folks,

I just wanted to thank you again for all your invaluable advice. My performance went pretty well. I was told I got a big applause (which I did not actually remember myself -  I guess I was pretty much in my own little world while playing and afterwards) and people would approach me during party afterwards to tell me that they loved the piece and enjoyed my performance:-)) That was so nice!! I played Chopin's op 25 no 12 much worse than I am able to but I knew it would be so because it was my first public performance in front of such large audience.
I was pretty nervous waiting to be called out but luckily I had my nerves under control. I knew my piece inside out, including starting anywhere in the piece, HS or HT. Preparing for the performance I was thinking that probably things around would distract me and my biggest worry was that I would not be able to focus. In fact, I did not care for anything around, smells, audience, nothing. There was just grand and music :) I did not even have time to think about anything while playing - I was just busy playing which surprised me very nicely. I think the thing with making lyrics to the music would probably work better with slow pieces for me.
To cut long story short - performing surprised me A LOT - like my own reactions to this situation where so much different than what I anticipated and actually everything was different than what I thought it would be. Good preparation means everything. It gives more confidence upfront.
Wow, I am really happy I did that!  :D Thanks all for your support! It helped a lot!

Congratulations ! Very happy for you. I know how you exactly felt when during and after performance. However I dont recall ever playing something the way I knew how at home. There was always some form of crash and burn for me. But now I am not fearing it as much as I did before.
However i do agree, I never notice any applause and in my own world. Only afterwards someone would tell me that I had received applause and I would think "huh, really??"
Work in progress:

Rondo Alla Turca

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #25 on: November 24, 2015, 02:40:13 AM
Thanks for your replies, Guys:-) After reading them and my own last post once again I see it may have sounded like if I was saying that I played the piece so greatly at the performance but still could play it even better at home. Well, I wish it was like this haha. I did miss a lot of notes at the beginning of my performance in a place I never had any trouble playing before. There were a few more things I did not like but all in all I consider it a good performance because
1) I had no blackout,
2) I was able to concentrate well,
3) I played thru mistakes smoothly (great advice of my teacher - play the hand that is making mistakes quieter)
4) the audience liked it

@briansaddleback, what kind of crash or burn do you mean?

I do not have a complete recording of that performance, just a little bit cause somebody stopped recording to take a few pictures >:( I will let this etude settle a little bit more and will post it then in the audience room.

Offline briansaddleback

Reply #26 on: November 24, 2015, 05:20:39 AM
Yes if you can accomplish 1-4 on a high stress recital you have a lot going for you foundationally it means you prepared excellently.
I crash and burn meaning I lose where I was and forget what to play to go forward I actually fumble around on the keyboard until my fingers get going again.  Also just complete lapses I stop and have to think and start from a previous market again. Awkward silence for twenty seconds even. I mean big mistakes where I know the audience is cringing for me. 

I know how difficult it is to even perform in front of peer piano students all judging silently. Let alone an etude. And a difficult one at that.
It is just fine to say you played it great. You deserve to say it you have just performed successfully at your recital.
Here's the thing , now your nerves calm down , you put that piece back on the temporary back burner and you play it again about a week later? You will notice you have stepped up to the next level on that piece. Somehow getting it prepared and stressed and overtaxing your nerves with that piece and just finally releasing the stress on the recital afterwards , the nerves settle and somehow the piece is more engrained into you.   It starts melding into you for lack of better words.
Work in progress:

Rondo Alla Turca

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: November 24, 2015, 07:32:46 AM
i feel ur pain brianne

*hugs*

Offline vaniii

Reply #28 on: November 24, 2015, 01:27:34 PM
Its worth mentioning, often the stress of performance anxiety is a result of practicing said anxiety before the performance is a factor to consider.

If in your practise, you frantically try to snatch notes, and approach difficult passages with stress and apprehension, those qualities will follow you into performance.

If you practise in a relax calm manner, taking enough time to: find the notes, realise rhythm, appreciate the music; that calm relaxed manner will follow in performance.

Often the performance is not the problem, but how we approach it.

In short: practise being relaxed in your work at the instrument, and you will give a relaxed performance.

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: November 26, 2015, 06:04:41 AM
, often the stress of performance anxiety is a result of practicing said anxiety

EXACTLY!! :)   

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert