Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: How to make advanced piano covers?  (Read 2849 times)

Offline alybaracat

How to make advanced piano covers?
on: November 25, 2015, 09:17:42 PM
Hi all,

I've recently started to make piano covers of known songs, however, i wanted to create more advanced pieces. I really appreciate your support on this matter

Piano Cover of Writing's on the wall by Sam Smith

Thanks again :D
Piano composer, Graphic Designer and Computer Engineer.
Check my latest original composition
Lost Inside

Offline tenk

Re: How to make advanced piano covers?
Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 11:22:18 PM
Do you have to post this crap in every single sub-forum?

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 11:24:48 PM
Define "advanced", please?
If you just mean "flashy", then start adding arpeggios like a pregnant cat, otherwise you'll need to identify what you mean by flashy,

Offline vaniii

Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 11:02:28 PM
By flashy, he means impressive to watch and little more.

The music here is an afterthought.  With the two chords (I and V) there is little musically to offer, especially considering the original is likely the result of over-mastering in a studio.  The original medium limits what can be done.

One cannot expect a go-kart to torque like an F1 car.

Stop trying to embellish something that was at best bland musically to start with.  If you want complicated piano music pick up something that was intended to be.

Even then, doing so to impress is disrespectful to the music and not what we do as performing artists; if you want a circus act, join a circus and become a clown.

Offline briansaddleback

Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 12:58:39 AM
Your left hand is too loud. and you play arpeggios weird. :'(
Work in progress:

Rondo Alla Turca
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert