Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Aeolian Harp Op. 25 No. 1  (Read 1387 times)

Offline urizaf

Chopin Aeolian Harp Op. 25 No. 1
on: December 19, 2015, 12:36:12 PM
Hi guys, new video from today. hope I'm not posting too much :)
I think it's getting better..
&feature=youtu.be

Uri

Offline adodd81802

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Aeolian Harp Op. 25 No. 1
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 04:19:00 PM
Definitely not posting too much.

Lovely piece. Well played.
"England is a country of pianos, they are everywhere."

Offline awesom_o

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 04:29:36 PM
Hi Uri,
I don't think you're posting too much, and I would agree that you are improving.

This performance was technically competent. For my taste, it was a bit rushed, and lacking the expansive, graciousness of character which I associate with this etude.

Be careful with your use of rubato.

The very opening lacked clarity in the LH. As the piece continued, particularly the second half, I found myself again wishing for greater textural clarity. Do not let the wonderful attention that you pay to the important melody and bass notes diminish the quality of execution that you manage to achieve in the inner notes!

When it is played this quickly, people almost always have to slow down for the BIG jumps. For me, it is more impressive when the overall tempo is marginally slower, so that time needn't be sacrificed when $h1t really hits the fan with both hands jumping in opposite directions.

Good work though! I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.  

Offline hardy_practice

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 07:20:40 PM
That's good.  Not much shaping of the tune though.
B Mus, PGCE, DipABRSM

Offline urizaf

Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 09:33:24 PM
yeah u're right about the filler voices it's extremely hard to get them right especially on this piano.. but i'll work on it

Offline iamazombie911

Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 07:17:30 AM
You have great voicing of the melody, and are very consistent. Now think about this: each different harmony is a different mood, a different color or emotion. While consistency can be good, it will inevitably sound boring after time passes. I understand it's hard on an upright, hell I doubt I can do it myself, but I think you are capable of more than what you showed. You have a good foundation, now expand it! If you have trouble displaying emotions, a friend of mine told me he fits a story to his piece, to keep it interesting, and, as music is suppose to be, to communicate with people, based on our experiences. Tell your own, personal story through this piece!

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 02:22:13 AM
Yesterday, when I was being lazy to start my practice session, I found out that watching you play totally motivates me to practice ;D Your hands are so smooth on the keyboard, so effortless.
I guess, you will be getting additional YT clicks every time I feel like that before my practice sessions :D
Chopin, 10-8 | Chopin, 25-12 | Haydn, HOB XVI:20

Offline urizaf

Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 12:23:19 PM
Thx for the replies! It's really nice to hear playing music has a strong impact. I'll record some more and post once I'll be ready

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 11:17:26 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I saw the video of your masterclass where you played Brahms Intermezzi. They were beautiful!

Chopin, 10-8 | Chopin, 25-12 | Haydn, HOB XVI:20

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 06:21:22 AM
Wow, this one is fantastic. Really, really fantastic. I hardly have anything to say. I hope I'm not spamming your threads too much lol. And I keep recommending people to listen to, but that's just because I think it's really important to listen to the masters and learn from them. This recording is a gem.

You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert