Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Etude Op. 25 No. 2  (Read 2462 times)

Offline urizaf

Chopin Etude Op. 25 No. 2
on: December 22, 2015, 02:48:25 PM
I am very proud to introduce the new recording i made today.
Comments and remarks would be great, I learn a great deal from them.

&feature=youtu.be

Thanks, Uri.

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Etude Op. 25 No. 2
Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 12:05:41 PM
Really very good.  There's not much to say.  You've caught the right spirit and the touch is perfect for this etude.  maybe a bit of "slow motion" practising exaggerating all of Chopin's cresc. and dim. creating that pulsating rythm that runs throughout.  Bravo.

Offline siveron

Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 12:16:17 PM
Good job kid!

Offline adodd81802

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 01:14:14 PM
I enjoyed it and it has motivated me to consider learning it in the new year. You're clearly a talented pianist
"England is a country of pianos, they are everywhere."

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 03:40:14 PM

this is my favorite from you so far :)  very awesome...   you are very comfortable with this one and it shows...   you have been playing this one longer than the others...it sounds far more polished... or do you just like this one better?

Offline urizaf

Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 12:24:31 PM
No real answer, I just have a lot of repertoire memorised but never performed, so once in a while i take a piece and record it. Almost to all chopin etudes i've done a transposition to a different key, that made me remember them for the end of my life :)

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 11:18:36 PM
What, you play them all already :o?? I am soooooooo jealous!
Chopin, 10-8 | Chopin, 25-12 | Haydn, HOB XVI:20

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 06:17:10 AM
Another one of my favorites! Man, you pick awesome rep! Two of my favorite pieces ever! I will type a quick note for this one, I would suggest bringing out the lowest notes of the left hand in the opening theme. There is a really, really beautiful melody there. Especially at 18 seconds in your video. That left hand note is stunningly beautiful if executed correctly.

Again, I think I have to say Pollini owns this one. Sorry to be cliche ;)

Great job, you're doing very well. Keep up the great work and keep playing Chopin!! :)
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert