Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Enrique Granados - Spanish dance nš2 ( Oriental )  (Read 1594 times)

Offline abbyes

Enrique Granados - Spanish dance nš2 ( Oriental )
on: January 02, 2016, 09:37:48 PM
Hi everyone !

Recently i've been hearing some of my recordings of past auditions and I found one, which I recorded like 2 years ago, of a Spanish Dance by E. Granados.

It is a very bewitching piece composed by one the greatest spanish composers of the XX century. It's haunting in some way, and of course, very beatiful.

Anyway, is a very easy piece technically. But the same as, for example, the 1st movement of Beethoven's moonlight sonata, it have different colors and expressions, so even if it's not hard to read or learn it, I think that some effort is needed on the expression, pedaling and phrasing. To bring the essence of the spanish music and the greatness of Granados out.

Well, as I said I have a recording, bad quality and sound (sorry). I'm not happy with my interpretation, I think that I could not bring what I really wanted, but I really enjoyed playing it and everyone was happy with my interpretation on that time.

Can you guys, tell me if you liked my interpretation ? and if you didnt know this piece, did you liked it ? Did I bring some emotion on this wonderful spanish piece ?

Offline richardb

• PS Silver Member
Re: Enrique Granados - Spanish dance nš2 ( Oriental )
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 05:59:58 PM
Very nice!  I enjoyed this a lot.  My hobby is music: piano and classical guitar (although I've neglected guitar for some time now in favor of piano.) But I have always loved this piece since I first heard it as a guitar duet many years ago.  To me, it sounds equally beautiful on either piano or guitar.

Offline abbyes

Re: Enrique Granados - Spanish dance nš2 ( Oriental )
Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 09:26:27 PM
Very nice!  I enjoyed this a lot.  My hobby is music: piano and classical guitar (although I've neglected guitar for some time now in favor of piano.) But I have always loved this piece since I first heard it as a guitar duet many years ago.  To me, it sounds equally beautiful on either piano or guitar.

Thanks for replying !

Im really glad you enjoyed my interpretation of this wonderful piece. Indeed, it is as beautiful either on piano or guitar. All spanish dances are !

Never heard it on a guitar duet, I may search for it ^^. I tried once to play guitar, but I find it so difficult haha so I've been playing piano since always !

I really love this and nš5 Andaluza, those both are my favourites spanish dances by Granados. I also have a recording of that, if I find it i'll post it too !!

Thanks  ;D ;D

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert