Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Where are they?  (Read 1319 times)

Offline iansinclair

• PS Silver Member
Where are they?
on: January 14, 2016, 09:59:45 PM
I was reading another thread, and somebody asked... I'll add.

Anyone know what became of littletune?  Or j_menz?  Haven't seen them for a while...
Ian

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Re: Where are they?
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 10:41:50 PM
So many members, interesting and otherwise, have come and gone over the fourteen years I have been here. Some exited with considerable drama and others just stopped posting for reasons of their own. Unless they became personal friends, which one or two are, I have seen little point in finding them, but if you are determined enough you can probably do so.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 04:38:56 AM
j_menz is/was a lawyer. He probably covered his tracks pretty well.

Offline siveron

Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 06:42:03 AM
Illuminati obviously

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 08:24:50 AM
I miss j_menz ...
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 10:22:58 PM
I miss j_menz ...
Yes, such a shame he is not posting here anymore:(
I haven't got to know littletune, probably I have not been around long enough.
Chopin, 10-8 | Chopin, 25-12 | Haydn, HOB XVI:20

theholygideons

Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 10:38:46 PM
R.I.P. j_menz.

I have a feeling his identity was actually Alan rickman. Their personalities are almost identical.

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 06:18:03 AM
R.I.P. j_menz.

I have a feeling his identity was actually Alan rickman. Their personalities are almost identical.
I think you're terrible at gauging personality
Also, j_menz was not english
He may have died though (possible drug overdose)

theholygideons

Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 08:56:08 AM
Isn't it strange how J_menz disappeared simultaneously with Rachmaninoff_forever? spooky.

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 06:09:30 PM
I think you're terrible at gauging personality
Also, j_menz was not english
I wasn't aware he used...

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 07:50:24 PM
R.I.P. j_menz.

I would cry tbh hahaha that would be too much.
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline rubinsteinmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 09:02:38 PM
Isn't it strange how J_menz disappeared simultaneously with Rachmaninoff_forever? spooky.
Clever, 2 accounts...

Offline swagmaster420x

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 09:25:43 PM
I wasn't aware he used...
No; I'm simply indulging my fancies.

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 12:51:41 AM
A lot of speculation here about littletune?  Or j_menz? ;D ;D  - - Here is mine:

little tune : pubertal-teen and always considerate, respectful in her posts.  Excellent translator of Croatian to English, who got paid for it (sometimes), lived in an apartment with family and had intermittent trouble with neighbor who likely despised her playing during practice. She also seemed to give the impression that her dad was not that happy with time spent on the piano.  She was often posting how she wished they could afford to transfer to a place of their own to give her more leeway in her piano practice without her neighbor breathing down on her neck.

My SPECULATION:  She got fed up with so many complaints from neighbors that she gave up on the piano  or  their neighborhood association got a court injunction preventing her from playing  or  her dad decided to sell their piano to pacify the neighbors   or  she started to earn a lot from her translating which also consumed all her free time.  ;D ;D ;D

j_menz a lawyer? .... could not have guessed from his posts, but I am almost sure rach4ever and j_menz are not the same person.  For those who have been here for years you will have noticed the stark differences in their writing styles. One was teenish and the other was definitely adult.  They just had very different writing styles.

rach4ever is now a junior in music school and likely has found the love of his life.  He spends 101% of his time (i am sure he has gotten over Valentina Lisitsa) over them, which explains why he no longer posts.

J_menz - like what Ted suggested - he came and left like many.  But I have this feeling he will come back ...  like so many of us who had "left" before.
member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

Offline rubinsteinmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 01:04:34 AM
What happened to Khantallis123?

theholygideons

Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 10:32:01 AM
J_menz - like what Ted suggested - he came and left like many.  But I have this feeling he will come back ...  like so many of us who had "left" before.
Also, Ted. I haven't seen his posts for a long time. I wonder if he still breathes.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert