Piano Forum

Topic: The Pianostreet MAZURKA Project  (Read 3429 times)

Offline kawai_cs

Re: The Pianostreet MAZURKA Project
Reply #50 on: April 02, 2016, 01:49:30 AM
In most mazurkas Chopin introduces two dances, whereas mazur + kujawiak is the most typical arrangement as in mazurka F major from op 7, B-flat major and a-minor from op 17 and mazurka A flat major from op 50.
Mazur + oberek arrangment is rather rare and it is present in mazurka D-major from op 33.
Elements of other dances appear in mazurka as well, e.g. valse in mazurka A flat major from op 41 or polonaise in coda of mazurka f sharp minor from op 59.

PS. Where are all the mazurka guys???
Chopin, 10-8 | Chopin, 25-12 | Haydn, HOB XVI:20

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #51 on: April 02, 2016, 03:32:26 AM
thanks for the info, it really helps out. Also gives a lot of insight into Chopin's musical style, especially melodic. a polonaise in op. 59??? wow, never noticed that!

I would like to post op. 50 no. 3 but I just can't seem to come up with a satisfying interpretation. It's like my brain refuses to connect with the music, despite the fact that I love it so much. :/

Offline briansaddleback

Reply #52 on: April 02, 2016, 06:36:16 AM
I'm not really a mazurka guy  :-[
Work in progress:

Rondo Alla Turca

Offline kawai_cs

Reply #53 on: April 02, 2016, 08:54:05 PM
I would like to post op. 50 no. 3 but I just can't seem to come up with a satisfying interpretation.

Oh, you are such a perfectionist! That is admirable. Ok, you're excused ;)
I am glad I was able to help. I found this info in some non-English forums and articles.  
I'm not really a mazurka guy  :-[
You are the Etude guy;-)
Yeah, me not so much either, but they definitely are incredible miniatures. So diverse and yet you get immediately it is a mazurka.
Chopin, 10-8 | Chopin, 25-12 | Haydn, HOB XVI:20

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #54 on: April 19, 2016, 02:39:29 PM
i really like this mazurka, considering learning it,not so much out of a love for Espla's music, though i have always liked it and think it's well constructed, but because the theme it's based on, one of my last pieces in music school was that sweet little Schubert impromptu in a flat major, and this quotes it all over the place. fun work.
Sonata Espaņola, Op. 53: II. Mazurca sopra un tema popolare

it's the second movement from this big BIG sonata

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert