Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Pencilart + Orchestra... first try  (Read 944 times)

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Pencilart + Orchestra... first try
on: February 16, 2016, 04:06:14 AM
So I got my first practice with the orchestra. Not everybody made it to this practice, and they were literally sight-reading. So cut them some slack, they're really REALLY great once they practice it a few times. But I thought I would post this for feedback. I have never played with an orchestra before. Not even with a quartet. So feedback is appreciated! Also if you have any orchestra playing tips in general I would love to hear them. Thanks!

-Noah

P.S. we just ran through it once. I had my share of mistakes as well ;)
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Re: Pencilart + Orchestra... first try
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 05:02:32 AM
Who cares about the orchestra as long as the piano plays like that...This will be lovely :)
I'd come to hear if it was a little bit closer ;)

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 05:50:58 AM
Thanks Outi! Don't worry, it won't be worth a 4000+ mile trip LOL probably not a 50+ trip XD
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810

Offline adodd81802

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 04:35:54 PM
mile trip LOL probably not a 50+ trip XD

Definitely worth more than 50. Not without it's mistakes but enjoyable to listen too.
"England is a country of pianos, they are everywhere."
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert