Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: WIP (RIP?) FRANZ LISZT Wilde Jagd... First Half  (Read 1294 times)

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
WIP (RIP?) FRANZ LISZT Wilde Jagd... First Half
on: March 10, 2016, 01:21:09 AM
This is extremely, extremely, extremely difficult. It sounds kind of hard. It is EXTREMELY HARD! I can't even believe I am attempting this. But here is the first half, after what a month or so. I am anxious for feedback!

You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810

Offline philolog

• PS Silver Member
Re: WIP (RIP?) FRANZ LISZT Wilde Jagd... First Half
Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 03:12:11 PM
Sounds like you're off to a good start. Perhaps we'll get to hear the whole thing soon...

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 06:53:52 AM
Sounds like you're off to a good start. Perhaps we'll get to hear the whole thing soon...

Thank you sir! I will upload it again soon :)
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum

Offline suethemoon

Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 11:35:49 AM
The biggest issue from your playing is definitely the tightness of your chords especially voicing (more pinky projection on right hand) and rhythmic drive (quicker semi quaver chords)
Keep up the hard work
Currently Learning:
Liszt - Spanish Rhapsody
Brahms - Handel Variations and fugue
Beethoven - Appassionata sonata
Chopin - Etude op 10 no 2

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 05:49:02 AM
Hey sue I didn't see your post. Thanks and you're totally right

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 11:14:18 PM
This will sound really good once you get used to playing the whole thing through. When I used to belt it out years ago, probably couldn't now, I used to play those little groups of 32nd notes (starting bar 7 first page and the similar section two pages later) in another way. Instead of using a full five finger grip, you can deliberately separate the group of four 32nd notes from the quaver by using the fingering (1234)(3) right hand, (4321)(3), which gives a completely different detached effect, emphasising the rhythmic groups of five. This is actually suggested in the Schirmer edition. My teacher played it as you do, using full hand grips, and didn't like my doing it, but I used to like that rhythm in fives. Just preference I guess.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 11:38:34 PM
I'd do the five finger patterns as just that, but with rotation of the wrist in the direction of the notes.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert