Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: [Video] Ryuichi Sakamoto - Merry Christmas - You probably know  (Read 1215 times)

Offline blackpianistjp

• PS Silver Member
We probably heard this at some point.
Did you know it was from him ? And do you know other pieces of the same genre ?

Thanks !

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
*should be in the audition room, i'm behind on catching up and commenting on some great performances over there, so working that in.

this is nice. always liked this tune. you have an incredible instrument, i fell in love the instant i played my first SK right after finishing undergrad piano studies, and it's a grail instrument for me, a bucket list acquisition goal. i sincerely believe those are one of the if not the finest pianos in the world and it's nice to hear something lighter like this on one since many of YT ul of this genre and related are on pretty awful instruments and digis, tone quality is incredible, i wish i could hear this in flac quality as i believe the youtube compression affects sound in a  negative way, but still really nice , i think you should invest in bettery recording gear, or experiment with the sensitivity and or placement so as not to overload the sensors, that piano has to sound better than it does here at times at the louder volumes, though softer comes through pretty nice

thanks for vid.  i'll keep checking your other stuff out.

Offline klavieronin

• PS Silver Member
I love this tune. Great movie too. Have you heard the soundtrack Sakamoto did for The Revenant?

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert