Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: The most wonderful Tenor you've never heard of  (Read 1204 times)

Offline josh93248

The most wonderful Tenor you've never heard of
on: May 31, 2016, 12:15:12 PM
I sang recently in the Matthew Passion with the Melbourne Bach Choir and it was a high level of musicianship let me tell you, the choir, orchestra and conductor all were very good and professional. But the Evangelist was in a world of his own.

I've never heard a voice this good live, In fact I would compare him to ANY recorded tenor EVER. His pure musicality and stunningly beautiful lyric tenor voice combine into the most moving musically tasteful combination imaginable. I am happy being a dramatic tenor but when I hear someone like this a part of me wishes I was born Lyric and had a voice like this guy.

He's also incredibly humble and soft spoken, I met him briefly after the Passion concert and then saw him again at a lieder concert (where he obliterated his fellow artists, who are the cream of of the crop of Melbourne singing) I think he just doesn't want to push himself too heavily, I don't know.

If you ever listen to anything I post listen to this.

Care to see my playing?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBqAtDI8LYOZ2ZzvEwRln7A/videos

I Also offer FREE PIANO LESSONS over Skype. Those who want to know more, feel free to PM me.

Offline josh93248

Re: The most wonderful Tenor you've never heard of
Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 01:40:59 PM
Okay, maybe people have looked at the video but not commented but seeing that nobody felt compelled to talk about this wondrous voice I sort of doubt that.

I REALISE IT'S NOT PIANO! But the point of piano is not piano, it's music, therefore if you care about music and want to give a tremendous unrecognised artist a chance please just listen.

So BUMP I guess...
Care to see my playing?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBqAtDI8LYOZ2ZzvEwRln7A/videos

I Also offer FREE PIANO LESSONS over Skype. Those who want to know more, feel free to PM me.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Re: The most wonderful Tenor you've never heard of
Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 01:46:05 PM

8)

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert