Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Pokemon - Tears, after the cloudy weather (Piano arrangement)  (Read 1748 times)

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Now that I've gotten my studio up and running, I've begun to get back into my piano arrangements again, taking them seriously, this time. I've got a new camera, microphone and the acoustics aren't bad considering I'm in a residential house, and I have a highway just 20 yards from the front room.

If you have the monitor to view in 4K, it's so worth it. Let me know what you think. I'm just glad I got the channel name and that no one else had pinched it.    ;D

Offline pjjslp

This was not familiar music to me, as I'm not a fan of anime, but it was gorgeous! Lush arrangement and beautiful sound. I'm glad I was curious enough to click  :). Look forward to hearing more of your arrangements!

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Thank you man... I'm hoping to get the video channel up and running again. There's a few that have made a serious career out of arranging music and I'd like to give it a try.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
this is soooooo nice pp!
i'm a big fan of the genre in general (not limited to one particular subset so anime, game, and related, it's all good).

you have a really nice layout of this and development of ideas in how you pace the build up of texture to coincide with and build emotional tension.  once doesn't need to know or be a fan of pokemon or the type to appreciate this pretty tune and your arrangement makes it super enjoyable.

your pacing/interpretation of this was spot on, nice phrasing and build up and resolutions.

i like your production quality and video/audio resolution and compression/bitrates.  Super nice rig /set up  you've got and I like that you didn't resort to video editing hijinks (ie break away shots, different rangles, etc. just set the camera in good spot to capture the best sound and give a nice unrestricted view of what's about to go down and let it all do its thing).

hopefully you'll get more pings and subscribers to your channel.

in terms of guerrilla marketing type moves, i think it would be wise to get one of the high subscriber base game and anime piano channels to host this video or at least give you a shout out and link to the video on one of or at the end of one of their video uploads.

also, do crazy on your tags, put all the most relevant and related terms, but also include others in the genre so common searches link to your video, get on google translate and get the japanese character tags up as well.  you might also experiment w/ some good /related clickbait images as they pertain to the piano, you, the subject matter of the piece, etc.

again, kudos, really enjoyed it, subbed and will be on the lookout for all uploads  ;D

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Thank you visitor...

Just recently, I bought an iPhone 6S which does the 4K Video, and I've got the Microphone close to the piano so that hopefully you hear only the piano... and not the highway that sits across from my house 20 yards away. I wouldn't get close to that quality in sound with just the iPhone mic.

Problem with only doing one shot playing is sometimes my mind wanders, even when I'm playing stuff like this, so it's bloody hard to get a perfect recording of these without any wrong or missed notes. I've got a couple more arrangements to record, including a 6 minute one, so it's going to be hard to see if I can do the whole thing perfectly, in one shot...

I like the idea of the Japanese tags as well - thanks for that. Will definitely do that... and thanks for the other advise in terms of promoting.

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Well done. A genre that few classical pianists deem worthy of their time, and you've played it well with your own (very nice) arrangement.
Cheers mate! To a job well done.

Offline ronde_des_sylphes

• PS Silver Member
Nice arrangment, and the sound is really quite good considering the size of the room.

If you're worrying about getting it totally accurate over a longer take, I would suggest if you have more than one camera you can cut between different camera positions immediately prior to audio edit points (after all six minutes of static camera isn't ideal). This way you don't have to do it all in one go and you give yourself leeway for retakes. In an emergency you could also change shot to a faded in/out score screenshot. Also, as long as your hands match the rhythm, nobody is going to notice if you have a split note in the video but it's been edited out of the audio.

My website - www.andrewwrightpianist.com
Info and samples from my first commercial album - https://youtu.be/IlRtSyPAVNU
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/andrew-wright-35

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Thank you both Chopinlover and Ronde_des_sylphes...

I have an accoustician come in and put the panelling up to ensure the piano sounds lovely in that space. I did take Chopinlovers advice, and did two different cameras to do my Let it Go arrangement. Will try and get it uploaded soon (but the 4K version is 3Gb, so I may have to wait till I'm back at work, and use their internet to upload).

I'll admit, I'm not sure if I like the idea of screenshots, as I've never seen anyone do that. Might be seen as a cheat. If I can at least make it look like multiple angles, and not multiple takes, then that would probably look more professional.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Thank you visitor...

Just recently, I bought an iPhone 6S which does the 4K Video, and I've got the Microphone close to the piano so that hopefully you hear only the piano... and not the highway that sits across from my house 20 yards away. I wouldn't get close to that quality in sound with just the iPhone mic.

Problem with only doing one shot playing is sometimes my mind wanders, even when I'm playing stuff like this, so it's bloody hard to get a perfect recording of these without any wrong or missed notes. I've got a couple more arrangements to record, including a 6 minute one, so it's going to be hard to see if I can do the whole thing perfectly, in one shot...

I like the idea of the Japanese tags as well - thanks for that. Will definitely do that... and thanks for the other advise in terms of promoting.
no worries :)
fyi
Pokemon in Japanese is  ポケモン  (pokemon).  (that's probably the first japanese tag i'd use, it's better to google around and try to just copy paste the Japanese character spellings from the original sites that mention them, the googletranslatormathingy can be wonky and off sometimes, related Japanese tags can help too :-)

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
I went into Google translate and got this instead... ポケットモンスター

But turns out I'm wrong - thanks for that visitor. Already updated.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert