Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: The Star Spangled Banner (reharmonization modern arranged solo, out of print)  (Read 1789 times)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
It's independence day here in the States. Happy 4th of July
8)

Arranger is in  description  

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
bio on the arranger (she married and name changed)
 Lienhard received her BME from the University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire, before relocating to the east coast in 1977. Since then, she has taught for the jazz departments of the University of Bridgeport and William Paterson University, maintained a studio of private students, and served as a music teacher at various public and private schools. A jazz pianist and vocalist; she is co-leader of Grey Lienhard Jazz, with bassist Nathan Lienhard. In Grey Lienhard Jazz, and as a freelance musician, in the NJ-NY metropolitan area, she has performed with such greats as Clark Terry, Pepper Adams, Howard McGhee, Ralph Lalama, Gary Smulyan, and Joe Morello. She has performed at the Cork Jazz Festival, in Ireland, and the Atlantic Jazz Festival in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Can't believe I missed this.
Thank you!

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Can't believe I missed this.
Thank you!
Thank you! I was beginning to think everyone hates the piece and no one listened/watched.
Appreciate your taking time to watch and comment. Hope you liked it, she's a talented arragner,

she even did one of the arrangements for Jeffrey Biegel's Steinway & Sons Christmas release from not too long ago.... (Biegel is super talented and one of my favorite modern/living artists, I love the lit he chooses to perform/record).
fyi also by Lienhard (her style can be spicer but generally it's pretty mild, but man she has some juice dissonances, lots of diminished 9th, etc)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert