Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Lyrical sections of ballade in g minor (My favorite! :) ) pencilart3  (Read 1687 times)

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Enjoy :) here is how I interpret these sections of this piece. Please let me know what you think of the interpretation. Also I strongly advocate turning the trill twice in the second recording.

You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
I think your plaayingis nice. But i cannot really comment on interpretation since its fragmented.  A lot of the beauty of the work is cottrasts between various sections and also variety when sstatemebtscome back. 
not a big fan of the work in general, but it has nice moments i can only really apprixciateas the build and develop. 
sort of like saying ooh i have to tell my favorite parts of a story, let me skip the part where we get names and where or when it happens....then asking what was liked about how the story was presented.

we need the turmoil and uuneasyness of eMotional tension in order to experience the catharsis the resolution bringGs In life.

so yep i liked aspects if your playing, but hard to judge from bits and pieces. I would like to hear you play the whole thing.  Not thrilled w sitting through another rendition of the  ballad again but i can limit my ears exposure to basic Chopin until due ti.me 8) :) :D
keep posting, your playing keeps improving. :)

Offline ajlongspiano

• PS Silver Member
Sounding great, Noah!

Best,

AJ

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Thanks AJ and visitor I don't know the whole thing which is which I didn't post it, but you are totally right about needing the tension to appreciate this. I was more looking for feedback in the beginning stages :) thanks for listening you guys
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
You second recording is my favorite part of my favorite Chopin ballade.  Sounds great!  Perhaps the 5 on 6 rhythm can be improved in this very tough section.

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Glad you like it. And you're right. Thanks for the feedback!

Offline opus43

You play so pretty. I've always wanted to play this.
Active since 1706!

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
I did't listen...I hope you don't mind, but I really want to wait for the whole thing :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert