Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Liszt Chasse Neige tremolando  (Read 1871 times)

Offline weret

Liszt Chasse Neige tremolando
on: August 03, 2016, 12:46:02 PM
Hello, on the second page of this piece is a tremolando in the third bar and I’m not sure, if I have to play it like the notes on the beginning of the piece and if its only for that bar, or for the rest of the piece. Thank you all for help.

Offline marijn1999

Re: Liszt Chasse Neige tremolando
Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 01:57:45 PM
You have to post a pdf of the piece because every edition divides the bars differently across the pages. Second page, third bar will be a different bar in many editions. It would be better if you gave us the measure number.

BW,
Marijn
Composing and revising old pieces.
---------------------------------------
Visit my YouTube channel! (https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCR0LNNGEPY002W1UXWkqtSw)

Offline 109natsu

• PS Silver Member
Re: Liszt Chasse Neige tremolando
Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 04:13:52 PM
You have to post a pdf of the piece because every edition divides the bars differently across the pages. Second page, third bar will be a different bar in many editions. It would be better if you gave us the measure number.
Yes. If you are talking about a specific measure, you have to give us the measure number, or something that is common throughout all scores.

However, I took a look at the original edition (Breitkopf und Härtel) and they have all the notes specified there, so you can take a look at it (in the attachment). Attached is the first few lines of the second page. There is no tremolando.

You can look at other editions too on IMSLP. There is a Barenreiter Urtext (Not Legal in US) that I couldn't share, but if you live in Europe you can certainly use that.
Here is the link:
https://imslp.org/wiki/Études_d'exécution_transcendante,_S.139_(Liszt,_Franz)

Natsu

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert