Piano Forum

Poll

! Must I have Superhands? Or How do you Play this? !

Artistic Insertion?
0 (0%)
Or must it be played?
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Topic: + I've never seen this type of Injected Chord?! 3 Hands? +  (Read 1549 times)

Offline pianoplayerstar

• PS Silver Member
How do you play the treble clef chord that's inserted in between? Is this for artistic style? or simply an option?

What is that?

How do you play it?

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Re: + I've never seen this type of Injected Chord?! 3 Hands? +
Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 12:12:28 AM
Why treble have six lines?? You made my eyes cry.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline thirtytwo2020

Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 11:00:26 AM
What on earth do you mean?

Why do you post that & ask US what it is? It's incomprehensible rubbish, that's what...
And you are wasting your fellow members' time >:(

Offline stevensk

Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 11:19:59 AM

-Time to learn the basics of notation and theory  ;)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 11:58:26 AM

Offline keypeg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 12:21:23 PM
Answering the OP
It's hard to tell because of the quality of your drawing and its possible accuracy, but I'm making a guess.  Sometimes one clef can hold two voices.  Imagine that there are some soprano singers, and some alto singers.  The Altos are silent as the sopranos start to sing, then in the middle of the measure the altos come in doing their thing, while the sopranos continue with what they were doing.  You, as pianist, get to be everybody.  If notated properly, the alto part would have rests for where they're silent.  But things are not always notated properly.

To the haters: I imagine that the OP was drawing on some kind of device rather than using notation software.  Recently I tried "Notateme" on my first-ever tablet -which apparently doesn't have the touch sensitivity to support it (it was cheap) and I filmed my results for a friend.  You'll notice what it registers, as opposed to what the pen is actually doing.  It "learns" as you go along but hardly enough.  The bottom staff is its "interpretation" of what it thought I was trying to do.   ;D (I didn't purchase the software after that experiment with the trial).

Offline pianoplayerstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 07:35:32 PM
Notateme is too confusing. I just hand drew it quickly to show you the essence of my question.

6 lines?!

sorry.. i meant to just draw it quickly to see if y'all could understand... it looks like you are all as confused as I am ! :) ??? ::)

SIMPLY PUT, ON THE TREBLE CLEF/RIGHT HAND, THERE'S A TIE, WHILE-YOU'RE-PLAYING-THE-LEFT-HAND, AND THE SO-CALLED "3RD-HAND NOTE" INTERRUPTS IT ALL (UNDER THE TIE).

Do you get my question, now?

see prior attachment

Offline stevensk

Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 08:23:36 PM

SIMPLY PUT, ON THE TREBLE CLEF/RIGHT HAND, THERE'S A TIE, WHILE-YOU'RE-PLAYING-THE-LEFT-HAND, AND THE SO-CALLED "3RD-HAND NOTE" INTERRUPTS IT ALL (UNDER THE TIE).

see prior attachment

-Ok, in the right hand you have three notes (whatever it is) and then two notes (in the red circle), thats five notes together. -Now, look at our hand, you have five fingers. Problem solved (one of the notes seems to be the same?).
If it feels uncomfortable, use your left hand for the red circle notes or just one of the notes (I recommend right hand).

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 01:34:28 AM
To the haters...
Haters? If you call asking for decent musical representation being hateful then you are really being hysterically melodramatic.
www.pianovision.com

Offline keypeg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 02:20:27 AM
Haters? If you call asking for decent musical representation being hateful then you are really being hysterically melodramatic.
I would say that the above response is hysterical melodramatic.  You have responded to a single word.  In fact, I injected some humour into it through the clip of my own experiment with software that was supposed to facilitate jotting down notes.  Did you understand that sometimes software gets in the way of "decent" anything, and reduces efforts into the scribbles of a toddler?

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 03:42:49 AM
I would say that the above response is hysterical melodramatic.  You have responded to a single word.  In fact, I injected some humour into it through the clip of my own experiment with software that was supposed to facilitate jotting down notes.  Did you understand that sometimes software gets in the way of "decent" anything, and reduces efforts into the scribbles of a toddler?
It's just your nitpicking on pianostreet that gets tiresome and general underestimation of our common sense, wow he really didn't draw that with pen and paper?? wow!
www.pianovision.com

Offline pianoplayerstar

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 10:10:43 PM
voila!! (see this attachment now)

okay, i tried using a program to show you.  Look at the red.  I think what i was trying to show is HOW IN THE WORLD CAN ANYONE PLAY THAT TREBLE CLEF WHILE HOLDING THE RIGHT HAND CHORD WHILE AT THE SAME TIME PLAYING THE LEFT?

I got it:  top treble has got a C.
bottom bass clef has got a C in the same spot.

SO, ESSENTIALY, THE 'INTERRUPTION' / 'INTERJECTION' IS PLAYED WITH THE 'LEFT' HAND, AND THE RIGHT HAND HOLDS THE CHORD ALL THE WAY THROUGH.

whew.

unless, there is some new piano rule I don't understand, please do tell.

pps

Offline stevensk

Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 05:28:15 PM

SO, ESSENTIALY, THE 'INTERRUPTION' / 'INTERJECTION' IS PLAYED WITH THE 'LEFT' HAND, AND THE RIGHT HAND HOLDS THE CHORD ALL THE WAY THROUGH.

whew.

unless, there is some new piano rule I don't understand, please do tell.

pps

-Well, I insist that you learn some basic theory. There are so much inaccuracies in your notaion and understanding of it that we cant give you accurate help

Offline keypeg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 10:04:42 AM
Pianoplayerstar, could you scan at least a line of that score, including the beginning of the line, so that we see it in context.  If it was actually written in the manner that you have put into your score, with the stems going the direction that you have put them and the rest, then somebody who didn't know what they were doing wrote it.  This does happen, for example, when somebody writes out popular music for which we only have the audio form, and makes a mess because they don't know theory.  But I suspect that this is not the case here.

In your latest score, the bass clef notes add up to 7 beats in 4/4 time, which is impossible, since it can hold a maximum of 4 beats.

Fwiw, if the circled F,C in the bass clef were played at the same time as the AC in the treble clef, both of them could be played with the LH, and all notes combined span only a 5th.

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 11:30:15 PM
Your example looks like some of the world's worst engraving more than it does a musical issue.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert