Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Unending Lullaby - original piano piece  (Read 1119 times)

Offline sergeidave

• PS Silver Member
Unending Lullaby - original piano piece
on: October 01, 2016, 08:53:25 PM
Hi guys,

Here I am again, with a new composition for the piano. Please check it out if you have a minute or two and let me know what you think!

Thank you very much!
-- David

Offline josh93248

Re: Unending Lullaby - original piano piece
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 11:35:39 AM
Okay, it's certainly not bad, not bad at all, just completely not my style.

To my ears and tastes it sounds overly sweet and a bit trite.

However I decided to look at the Lacrimoso Waltz too. It's better, it has a few similar issues but to me it has more interest and expression within it.

Anyway, I wouldn't give up, see what you can attract, this may not be the most receptive environment for what you want to do but you never know, you might find a few people here appreciative.
Care to see my playing?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBqAtDI8LYOZ2ZzvEwRln7A/videos

I Also offer FREE PIANO LESSONS over Skype. Those who want to know more, feel free to PM me.

Offline sergeidave

• PS Silver Member
Re: Unending Lullaby - original piano piece
Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 06:28:02 AM
Thank you very much for the feedback, Josh! I appreciate it greatly!

I absolutely do not want to be a pest, so I'll probably stop posting my compositions in this forum. However, whenever I get some time to record a classical piece performance, I will absolutely ask for some feedback here!

Thanks!
-- David

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert