Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Orchestral Suite no.1 (Mvmt. 1): Dalmatian Nights  (Read 1205 times)

Offline storyseller

• PS Silver Member
Orchestral Suite no.1 (Mvmt. 1): Dalmatian Nights
on: November 26, 2016, 10:06:37 AM

My first attempt at an orchestral score on a bigger scale. Be gentle ;)

What do you think?

Offline ronde_des_sylphes

• PS Silver Member
Re: Orchestral Suite no.1 (Mvmt. 1): Dalmatian Nights
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 01:28:07 PM
A bit of a belated response, but a definite thumbs up from me. It has quite a lot of orchestral colour, and a natural folk-theme-like character.

Incidentally, I assume you've used an orchestral sample program? If you have, which one did you use? I thought it was quite convincing.
My website - www.andrewwrightpianist.com
Info and samples from my first commercial album - https://youtu.be/IlRtSyPAVNU
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/andrew-wright-35

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 11:24:12 PM
I agree with Andrew's comments, with the additional observation that you have captured a relatively spontaneous rhythmic feeling through a creative process which must surely discourage it. I have never tried it but I think I would find that very difficult. I look forward to hearing more.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline storyseller

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 12:05:49 PM
Thank you @Ronde

Always good to hear from you.

I use Sibelius for writing the score but the sound libraries are not the ones that come with sibelius, my "studio guy" has like a few TeraB of sound libraries and we test a lot of them for every single instrument to find the right sound. And then of course cubase for the mixing-editing etc, and then another program for the mastering. 

Thank you @Ted too for the possitive feedback :) B good!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert