Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: chopin's fantasie impromptu  (Read 7876 times)

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
chopin's fantasie impromptu
on: April 06, 2003, 08:56:06 AM
I have a question on the bass clef on I believe the 5 measure. There is a little half note that is tied to another little quarter note. My question is this. What does this little note mean? If I am suppose to hold that note out, what do I do if my fingers are wide enough? (I have already tried).

Thanks, Boliver Allmon

Offline frederic

• PS Silver Member
Re: chopin's fantasie impromptu
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 09:10:17 AM
It means you hold the first note of each figure.  But this is not important because all editions of Chopin is different and we really don't know which one is the most accurate one. Thats the problem with Chopin's music. He always changed little details even if it was being published. If you can hold it thats fine. What do you mean by wide enough?

"The concert is me" - Franz Liszt

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 06:22:22 AM
I can't stretch that far and fast. I probably could with practice, but just can't yet.

Boliver Allmon III

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 06:24:27 AM
Ok, I take that back. I can on my piano. I wasn't able to the other night at my friend's house. My question is this, are all keys equal size? or was I just not stretched?

Boliver Almon III
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert