Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: performance of the following masterclass and tips-need some assistance  (Read 1893 times)

Offline classicalinquisition

currently looking for the following: [literature ok too]

CHOPIN [ALL]
Waltz in D-flat Major Op. 64 # 1
Prelude in C-sharp Minor, Op. 45
Prelude in C Major, Op. 28 # 1
Nocturne in D-flat Major, Op. 27 # 2
Waltz in A Minor, Posth.
Impromptu in A-flat Major, Op. 29

any links, materials, literature would be helpful.
thank you.

Offline brogers70

• PS Silver Member
You haven't got any responses yet. I would guess you would get more useful responses if you could ask some specific questions rather than just listing the pieces and asking for generic help.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
if you are performing the listed pieces at a masterclass and are looking for lectures and background/musicology information on each so you can answer questions or discuss them with the clinician conducting the masterclass, then i would google recitals and program notes or pdf files and CD line jackets to gleam a lot of good info on the pieces so you can intelligently talk about the works during the class

Offline dcstudio

• PS Silver Member
I too am confused.  Surely you are not asking for sheets..(
Literature OK too). Kinda sounds like you are.

Offline pianoplayerstar

• PS Silver Member
Classical Inquisition:

I suggest you take a look at Danil Trifinov's playing; exquisite.

There are many out there, but I don't know if there are any recorded MasterClasses.  I know Katsaris does a lot of these recorded classes, but as to your LIST?
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert