Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Please help Presto from Italian Concerto!!  (Read 3138 times)

Offline marijn1999

Please help Presto from Italian Concerto!!
on: January 29, 2017, 02:25:15 PM
Hi guys,

So I have this piano competition coming up in a little under three weeks and I'm freaking out because I chose to play Bach's Italian Concerto about three months beforehand but I had not learned the first movement entirely yet and the last presto movement not at all. So the practicing went very well and I have the first and second movement under my belt right now, but the last movement is giving me a lot of trouble.

The minimum tempo I want to play it at is half note = 116. I can play through the whole movement at about half note = 100 fine but as soon as I start speeding up I keep messing up and become sloppy. Mostly the section from where it goes into D minor through the end of the A minor section is giving me a lot of trouble.

I really don't want to embarras myself in three weeks. How can I get this piece up to speed. Please help. If video's are required I will be able to provide them tomorrow.

Thanks in advance so much!!
Composing and revising old pieces.
---------------------------------------
Visit my YouTube channel! (https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCR0LNNGEPY002W1UXWkqtSw)