Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin - Mazurkas, op.24  (Read 1731 times)

Offline andhow04

• PS Silver Member
Chopin - Mazurkas, op.24
on: September 06, 2018, 11:48:48 AM
this from a live performance, the four mazurkas op.24, the most famous being no.4 in b-flat minor. i also love no.2 in C. there's an alternate version of one of the final bars in no.2, before the parallel fifths return, that i didn't learn but is stuck in my ear, and you get it halfway here. whatever. enjoy

Offline kairosophia

Re: Chopin - Mazurkas, op.24
Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 07:32:39 PM
I know I am not an expert in judging interpretations, but I feel that here speaks a thinker, with sensual clarity. Thank you for sharing! (Will read more of your Essays, too)
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo
My YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgRBbMMqD7SAI_jobgXzoIA

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin - Mazurkas, op.24
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 04:01:37 PM
Awesome, I really enjoyed listening to these mazurkas.
You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert