Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: First page only: Chopin  (Read 6183 times)

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
First page only: Chopin
on: October 15, 2005, 01:21:07 AM
Under "Student's Corner"  I have a thread that I've started entitled "Learn Chopin Nocturne Op. 72, #1 with me"

In there is a link to the sheet music (.pdf) file.

I'm just starting today 10/14/05.  I only learned the first page.  I'm taking a break tomorrow (Saturday) and then I'm going to hopefully "learn" the second page on Sunday.

So... anyone want to start learning this piece with me?

See the thread:
Here's the link to the thread.

https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php/topic,13176.0.html

Below is the .mp3 file of the first page.  me playing it badly. right now. will get better as I practice it.. And I hope the bad playing encourages you to post how it's supposed to be played.  also feel free to post some recordings of you playing it here.

Comments on how badly I played please.  Here's your chance!  I'll use the excuse, we'll I just started looking at the music!

Practice!

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Re: First page only: Chopin
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 03:06:23 AM
Anyone interested in the second page after I learn to "read" it tomorrow?  Maybe this is just boring.  I might just record it after I go back and polish it nice and shiny.
Practice!

Offline gaer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 07:16:54 PM
Under "Student's Corner"  I have a thread that I've started entitled "Learn Chopin Nocturne Op. 72, #1 with me"

In there is a link to the sheet music (.pdf) file.

I'm just starting today 10/14/05.  I only learned the first page.  I'm taking a break tomorrow (Saturday) and then I'm going to hopefully "learn" the second page on Sunday.

So... anyone want to start learning this piece with me?
Measures 4 and 12—watch out, D# in the bass, not F#!

But I would not start at the beginning. (I've taught this piece a few times.)

Measures 31 through the first beat in 38 will kill you if you do not nail them. I would work out measure 37 first. :)

Gary

Offline berrt

Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 10:15:53 PM
Anyone interested in the second page after I learn to "read" it tomorrow?  Maybe this is just boring.  I might just record it after I go back and polish it nice and shiny.
its not boring at all - it will be interesting to have the "ad hoc" and the polished version!

bye
berrt

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 02:55:04 AM
Measures 4 and 12—watch out, D# in the bass, not F#!

But I would not start at the beginning. (I've taught this piece a few times.)

Measures 31 through the first beat in 38 will kill you if you do not nail them. I would work out measure 37 first. :)

Gary

Whoa...Thanks! I'm known for not being able to read the notes right.  ... measure 37... okay.. Sorry about the wrong notes... you have GREAT ears... THANKS SO MUCH!!!

I love this piece!  Thank you for pointing out the wrong notes in measures 4 and 12..

I'm going to check it out right now!
Practice!

Offline gaer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 03:46:48 AM
Whoa...Thanks! I'm known for not being able to read the notes right.  ... measure 37... okay.. Sorry about the wrong notes... you have GREAT ears... THANKS SO MUCH!!!

I love this piece!  Thank you for pointing out the wrong notes in measures 4 and 12..

I'm going to check it out right now!
Hey, we all need someone to check us. I've had people from several different countries let me know about wrong notes. It's so easy. You read it wrong the first time, get it in your head, and it's the very devil to fix it. :)

Good luck with the piece. It's a great one!

Gary

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 04:43:01 AM
Here's the second page.  Just learned to read it today.  It was harder than I thought.  It's not all of the second page.  Just the first three lines.  I felt like that was all I could handle today. 

Practice!

Offline gaer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 04:45:23 AM
Here's the second page.  Just learned to read it today.  It was harder than I thought.  It's not all of the second page.  Just the first three lines.  I felt like that was all I could handle today. 
Good. Smart practice, go slow, get the notes. One little goof, but you know it. Not a misreading. :)

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 04:57:25 AM
Gaer,

That measure 37 and around that area is scary!  But it sounds so beautiful on the recordings. 

I can take them on!  I'll get to them... I hope. . maybe Tuesday?

Thanks for your great encouragement!
Practice!

Offline gaer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 05:56:08 AM
Gaer,

That measure 37 and around that area is scary!  But it sounds so beautiful on the recordings. 

I can take them on!  I'll get to them... I hope. . maybe Tuesday?

Thanks for your great encouragement!
Here is a quick demo of how you might practice the rough measures. The first is broken down rhythmically, mechanically. This is how I teach it and how I worked it out at first for myself. The second version is roughly how I play it, but I just did it "quick and dirty", so this is no recording!

I trill on the upper note, but many do not. You can choose for yourself. Tell me if this gives you any insight on how to break down the trills, which are the real problem, in my opinion.

Good luck,

Gary

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 07:43:16 AM
Gary!

Wow!  I love it.  My gosh.  I'm going to get the music and read along with it to study what you've played. 

How do you play so well.

I'm so impressed.

I see how you break up the patterns (right and left hand combo).... too bad it's nearly 1am here.  I want to start playing this.  It think it will all come together after the notes are learned.

Your recording is so professional quality too.

Wow.  Thank you!  I'm sure everyone here will appreciate it too.
Practice!

Offline pipples

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 05:17:38 PM
I love this! :D

I'm off to learn this one ;)

Offline allthumbs

Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 08:13:04 PM

Greetings

Ok, I'm inspired to learn this piece now.

Thanks,

allthumbs :)
Sauter Delta (185cm) polished ebony 'Lucy'
Serial # 118 562

Offline dorfmouse

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 08:33:22 PM
Wow.  Thank you!  I'm sure everyone here will appreciate it too.

Absolutely!
"I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
W.B. Yeats

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 06:40:45 AM
I didn't get to play very much today.

But I tried some of the passages on page 3!  I think I can wing them.  Especially when broken up into little bits like Gary suggested.

The highlight of my day:  A sales lady, who said she used to play piano, came to my office trying to sell me an antibiotic to use.  I made her listen to Gary's recording before listening to her sales pitch.  And the whole time, I kept changing her topic to piano related issues.  Then I showed her pictures of my violin and my piano.  I even made her listen to my arabesque debussy.  At that point (because it was bad?) she picked up her stuff and left.  But I told her to pick up piano again!  I now enjoy having sales people come over to my office - interrupt me anytime, as long as you bring some classical piano CD's!
Practice!

Offline ada

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 10:28:03 AM
Damn! I can't play any of these files :'(
Bach almost persuades me to be a Christian.
- Roger Fry, quoted in Virginia Woolf

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 05:17:20 PM
this is somewhat inspiring. posting in progress stuff and getting help. great. keep up the work.

boliver

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 11:52:01 PM
this is somewhat inspiring. posting in progress stuff and getting help. great. keep up the work.

boliver

Definitely inspiring.   Especially for me!  I'm going to tackle that third page later today.  I just got home from work.  I gotta do some errands and I can't wait to get some piano time.  I'm skipping a orchestra board meeting to be practicing piano (shhh).
Practice!

Offline ch0p1n 0wnz u

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 06:55:31 AM
your piano and your playing is really good, i wish i had a good piano like that, and as good playing skills :o

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 08:41:15 AM
your piano and your playing is really good, i wish i had a good piano like that, and as good playing skills :o

You're too kind!  You'll change your mind about my piano playing when you see my next post on the third of this piece.  ugh!
Practice!

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 08:44:13 AM
Here's the Third page.  I've been working on it all night.  It is hard for me!  It's almost 2AM in the morning.  Call me crazy.  My legs hurt and my back hurts and so does my but.  All I've been playing is this third page.  I even skipped a section between my previous recoring and this part - because there's a strange note in that section that sounds wrong to me... and I wanted to sound like Gary! I guess it doesn't happen over night!

So... if you dare, listen to my really bad playing attached to this message:
Practice!

Offline allthumbs

Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 03:24:56 PM

Hey that sounds pretty decent for just working on it a short time. I'm still on the first page, but I have sight read the piece through a couple of times for laughs. Pretty brutal. :P

Cheers

Serial # 118 562

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 05:43:59 PM
***! I can't play any of these files :'(

You can try the Free Real Audio player also... here's the link straight from the company and it's the free version.. not the 14 day free trial..

https://www.real.com/realcom/R?href=http%3A%2F%2Fforms.real.com%2Freal%2Frealone%
Practice!

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 05:48:12 PM

Hey that sounds pretty decent for just working on it a short time. I'm still on the first page, but I have sight read the piece through a couple of times for laughs. Pretty brutal. :P

Cheers

It's brutal, but the rewards are great!
I wonder how Gary records his music.  Plugged directly into his Clavinova?  It sounds great - the playing and the recording.

I can only get my recordings in Mono with my walkman recorder thing.
Practice!

Offline ch0p1n 0wnz u

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 09:52:46 PM
i like it, its taking me so long to learn and memorize the chopin slow part in heroic polonaise, its slow but i find iit rd to play and memorize.. lol

Offline ada

• PS Silver Member
Reply #25 on: October 20, 2005, 02:10:03 AM
Violinist

I've just listened to all your files (they work on my laptop as opposed to my crappy home PC) You've done a smashing job and in such a short time! I thought I was doing quite well but now I'm depressed! And I haven't even started on page three.

I'm going to listen to Gaer's files now. I hope they help me too.

At least I have an excuse for not posting a recording - I have no idea how to do it, what equipment I need etc, although I have a digi so it should really be easy shouldn't it?

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to hear the polished version.

This is so much fun. But not good for getting work done!

ada

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #26 on: October 20, 2005, 05:48:54 AM
Violinist

I've just listened to all your files (they work on my laptop as opposed to my crappy home PC) You've done a smashing job and in such a short time! I thought I was doing quite well but now I'm depressed! And I haven't even started on page three.

I'm going to listen to Gaer's files now. I hope they help me too.

At least I have an excuse for not posting a recording - I have no idea how to do it, what equipment I need etc, although I have a digi so it should really be easy shouldn't it?

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to hear the polished version.

This is so much fun. But not good for getting work done!

ada

Maybe you could plug the digital straight into your laptop...   You might ask Gaer:  He has a digital too.  There's got to be an easier way of recording.  I use this walkman thing to record.  It comes with a smartmedia card.  Which is semi defective.  Only the first 4 mintues work.. I don't get it.  Then I take the smartmedica card and plug it into my desktop computer.  I have to use software to convert the file to .wav format.  Then I use another program to cut (edit) off the beginning slience and end - footsteps if you will.... and then I use another program to convert the .wav file to .mp3 so I can post here.

Thanks for the "smashing job" complement.  And you being depressed.  ???  In that case, you'll be really depressed when you hear how good Gaer plays.

We'll all get there at our own speeds..  I stay up really late to practice.  Till 3 in the morning some times.... I actually think I'm a slow learner.  That's what my piano teacher said of my piano progress (she said it nicely) when I was taking "lessons" from age 5 to 9.   I think she's right about learning slowly.. but at least I learn steadily.
Practice!

Offline yamaha

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: October 20, 2005, 11:19:33 AM
Hi all  :D

I LOVE this piece  :D  I've been thinking of learning too, it's just finding the time.  Well done Violinist, you've done brilliantly in such a short time. 

Re: recording.  I've recently bought a program called SmartMusic (the ABRSM are running a promotion)  Its really not for piano, it's for other instrumentalists, it accompanies you, adjusting to your tempo fluctuations etc..  Anyway, it has a record feature, and converts to either mp3 or Wav files.  You have to buy a mic to go with it of course, but the one recommended was only £10 (UK) I have used it to record my piano, it's a lot better than the tape recorder I was using!!   ;D ;D  Maybe worth a look?  :-\ :)

Not sure if it would be good enough for you guys though  :-\

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #28 on: October 20, 2005, 02:59:51 PM
Hi all  :D

I LOVE this piece  :D  I've been thinking of learning too, it's just finding the time.  Well done Violinist, you've done brilliantly in such a short time. 

Re: recording.  I've recently bought a program called SmartMusic (the ABRSM are running a promotion)  Its really not for piano, it's for other instrumentalists, it accompanies you, adjusting to your tempo fluctuations etc..  Anyway, it has a record feature, and converts to either mp3 or Wav files.  You have to buy a mic to go with it of course, but the one recommended was only £10 (UK) I have used it to record my piano, it's a lot better than the tape recorder I was using!!   ;D ;D  Maybe worth a look?  :-\ :)

Not sure if it would be good enough for you guys though  :-\

Hello Yamaha!  I hope you found the "learn chopin with me" topic in student's corner which has a link to this sheet music (if you need it).  Smart Music Sounds very interesting.  Sounds like you play another instrument besides piano.  I need to try to buy a microphone maybe of sorts, it might help my recording quality.  Thanks for the suggestion!  This is a wonderful piece.  I wonder if I'll ever get sick of it by overplaying it.

Too bad I won't be able to practice this piece today as I have to spend most of my time at work.  But Friday!!!.... I will try to learn parts of the 4th page.
Practice!

Offline yamaha

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: October 21, 2005, 12:36:58 PM
Hello Yamaha! I hope you found the "learn chopin with me" topic in student's corner which has a link to this sheet music (if you need it). Smart Music Sounds very interesting. Sounds like you play another instrument besides piano. I need to try to buy a microphone maybe of sorts, it might help my recording quality. Thanks for the suggestion! This is a wonderful piece. I wonder if I'll ever get sick of it by overplaying it.

Too bad I won't be able to practice this piece today as I have to spend most of my time at work. But Friday!!!.... I will try to learn parts of the 4th page.

Hi Violinist  :) 

I found the link, though I already have the music.  A great piece and a very interesting thread, I'm looking forward to hearing more of you playing the piece  :D 

I do play another instrument, if you can call it "play"  :-[  I started the violin about 12 months ago, so I am not very good..........yet  ;D  ;D

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #30 on: October 21, 2005, 06:22:25 PM
Hi Violinist  :) 

I found the link, though I already have the music.  A great piece and a very interesting thread, I'm looking forward to hearing more of you playing the piece  :D 

I do play another instrument, if you can call it "play"  :-[  I started the violin about 12 months ago, so I am not very good..........yet  ;D  ;D

Violin!! I knew it!  Great instrument!  They make the electric versions of the violins too so you can practice late into the night without disturbing the family/neighbors.   The sound quality of these electric violins though need work!  They don't sound like great acoustic violins.   The difference in sound quality is a lot diverse than the difference in the sound of a Steinway and some other piano (as an example - or maybe it's only because I've been listening to the sound of violin for the majority of my life).

Practice!

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #31 on: October 22, 2005, 12:58:59 AM
Okay... my contribution for Friday night.  I'm tired.

A new and improved third page (scary part)  but it still needs some work.. But it's a bolder version.
Practice!

Offline allthumbs

Reply #32 on: October 22, 2005, 03:08:37 AM

We'll all get there at our own speeds..  I stay up really late to practice.  Till 3 in the morning some times.... I actually think I'm a slow learner.  That's what my piano teacher said of my piano progress (she said it nicely) when I was taking "lessons" from age 5 to 9.   I think she's right about learning slowly.. but at least I learn steadily.

You say you are a slow learner! I don't think so.

Man, I worked on that very section today for 45 minutes, mostly hands separate. I did manage hands together though at about half your speed at best.

If you're a slow learner then I'm a slug crawling through the mire and if I went any slower I'd be stopped. :o ;D

Cheers

allthumbs

Serial # 118 562

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #33 on: October 22, 2005, 04:05:58 AM

You say you are a slow learner! I don't think so.

Man, I worked on that very section today for 45 minutes, mostly hands separate. I did manage hands together though at about half your speed at best.

If you're a slow learner then I'm a slug crawling through the mire and if I went any slower I'd be stopped. :o ;D

Cheers

allthumbs

I worked on that third page for probably 3 hours +.  It's hard to keep track of time at night!  It doesn't seem that long.  Thanks allthumbs.  I would like to think I'm a faster learner, and that my piano teacher was wrong.  But I've learned as I've gotten older that there's certain truth in my piano teacher's statement.  My violin teacher actually came to similar conclusions - probably is true.  But I maybe make up for it in enthusiasm.  And you're no slug.

Keep chugging along!

I'm going to play on some Kawai's and Yamaha's tomorrow.  To help a friend select a piano.  She said size wasn't a limitation in her house.   She thought we'd start with Kawai's and Yamaha's so...  We're doing just that.  Shigeru's(spelling) here I come!
Practice!

Offline berrt

Reply #34 on: October 22, 2005, 02:42:07 PM
Okay... my contribution for Friday night.  I'm tired.

A new and improved third page (scary part)  but it still needs some work.. But it's a bolder version.

Really great!! Ill need months to get there!

Bye Berrt

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #35 on: October 22, 2005, 04:56:40 PM
Really great!! Ill need months to get there!

Bye Berrt

Berrt!!!

hello... did you even start the first page yet?  or are you still playing tennis with those dates of yours.  I got in about 2 hours worth of piano this morning.  I loved it so much it only seemed like 2 minutes.   
Practice!

Offline berrt

Reply #36 on: October 23, 2005, 10:00:57 AM
hello... did you even start the first page yet?  or are you still playing tennis with those dates of yours.  I got in about 2 hours worth of piano this morning.  I loved it so much it only seemed like 2 minutes.   
Yes i have - HS is ok, HT only 1/2 speed (or less) and it does not sound really good. Still have problems with 4 against 6, volume balance etc. But thats normal for the beginner, i guess.

btw i feel that piano practice improves considerably my tennis (my main leisure time activity), maybe by better coordination of movements, better focussing to details, whatever. So, tennis-players, dont pay tennis-trainers, practice the piano!

I forgot to mention that in the piano-goals item: Better tennis!

bye
Berrt

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #37 on: October 23, 2005, 04:49:08 PM
Yes i have - HS is ok, HT only 1/2 speed (or less) and it does not sound really good. Still have problems with 4 against 6, volume balance etc. But thats normal for the beginner, i guess.

bye
Berrt

Hello Berrt you tennis pro!

Can you tell me what HS and HT means?  Perhaps some piano thing that I need to know about?

About the 4 against 3.  I figured out roughly how that goes by drawing two equal sized rectangles.

Then dividing the first rectangle by 4.  And dividing the second rectangle by 3 (could work for 6).

The showed me how to mathmatically play this..  Works great!  So actually if you considered the whole rectangle to be divided into 12 parts, 4 and 3 divide evenly into 12 parts... so it becomes a very mathematical solution to figureing out 4 against 3.  or even 4 against 6 if you have to.  Try it!!! let me know if that helps!  Anyone else have suggestions on this?  You are going to love 4 against 3 after your try this.. you will be such a pro at it.  and when you get this going... you will be hitting tennis balls behind your back and breakdance all at the same time without looking at the ball.
Practice!

Offline berrt

Reply #38 on: October 23, 2005, 07:49:11 PM
Hello Berrt you tennis pro!

Can you tell me what HS and HT means?  Perhaps some piano thing that I need to know about?

This will be a REAL leap forward for you: Its Hands-single and hands-together.

About the 4 against 3.  I figured out roughly how that goes by drawing two equal sized rectangles.
i can figure it out mathematically, but to DO it, is quite another thing...

You are going to love 4 against 3 after your try this.. you will be such a pro at it.  and when you get this going... you will be hitting tennis balls behind your back and breakdance all at the same time without looking at the ball.
Ok.. just look TV (any channel) youll surely see me!

Berrt

Offline allthumbs

Reply #39 on: October 23, 2005, 09:36:18 PM
This will be a REAL leap forward for you: Its Hands-single  and hands-together.

Berrt

Or as I learned it -  'hands-separate' (same difference)
Serial # 118 562

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #40 on: October 23, 2005, 11:25:57 PM
This will be a REAL leap forward for you: Its Hands-single and hands-together.

Berrt

Hello Berrt TV star,

It is a huge leap for me!  On the violin... I've never practiced HS and HT!

Maybe I should practice HS more on piano.  I thought it was cheating to do that. 

I just downloaded that Chang book which is free on how to practice.  I think it has something on practicing the hands separately.  I'm excited to start reading that book.  I got the link from the student corner website thread I started.  Oh thanks so much Baadshah for recommending it!  wow.

here's the link I got from Baadshah: and the posting direct from Baadshah:
Chang's free 300 page e-book entitled "the fundamentals of piano practice" is a must!!
essential reading for all pianists (whether you agree or disagree with it)
https://members.aol.com/cc88m/PianoBook.html
Practice!

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #41 on: October 25, 2005, 12:23:39 AM
I hope to record a complete version of this piece.. hmmm. give me... a few more days?  I better keep practicing.

I just got czerny finger dexterity books.  I wonder if it would be of interest to post my playing of these etudes on here.  Maybe it would be way to boring.  Any Czerny fans out there?  I was also getting greedy and hoping that people would talk about what these exercises were for.  Someone made a good point to me that I need a teacher to tell me what the exercises are meant for... otherwise they would be a waste of notes.  I'm thinking I could figure out the reasoning behind the exercises.  But for now.  I have to concentrate on getting some pieces together for violin and then my priority is getting this Chopin Nocturne memorized and recorded!

Time for me to go practice!

How's everyone else doing with this piece?  Ada seems to be catching up.  I think by now she's probably done.

Berrt's playing it on TV it seems.

Post your progress!

As for my progress.

I've learned to read thru the first three pages.  I get hung up at the end of the splashy part on the third page the Gaer demonstrated.. because I practiced it so many times ending on that right hand octave.. that my mind thinks the music is over... Now I have to get used to going on to the next notes.  Anyone else have this problem?
Practice!

Offline berrt

Reply #42 on: October 26, 2005, 03:41:26 PM
Berrt's playing it on TV it seems.
Never! On TV you might see me hitting tennis balls behind my back while break-dancing (becoming so good  at tennis because of piano practicing).
The first page of 72/1 ill have in about 2 weeks (at a low standard). Dont know if i dare to post it, anyway.

bye
Berrt

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #43 on: October 28, 2005, 12:21:24 AM
Berrt,

I'm looking forward to the post!  If you're not playing piano on TV at least it will be on the Internet!

I need to get going on the practicing.  I gotta practice violin first though.  The violin has been playing second fiddle to the piano.

I keep changing the fingerings around.  I can't seem to settle on a fingering yet.
Practice!

Offline ada

• PS Silver Member
Reply #44 on: October 28, 2005, 05:12:08 AM
How's everyone else doing with this piece?  Ada seems to be catching up.  I think by now she's probably done.

Not quite done yet, have fumbled through page three a couple of times but am concentrating on bringing page one up to speed, which is almost accomplished. I warned you this would be a slow process, especially as I've got three other core pieces I'm working on, not to mention full time job, rugrats etc etc etc.

But I agree this piece is like a drug.

gaer's breakdown of p.3 is tremendously useful.

onwards
ada

Offline kelly_kelly

• PS Silver Member
Reply #45 on: November 13, 2005, 02:35:59 PM
I think the recordings you posted are very good. The only thing that I noticed is that your recordings of the 1st and 2nd pages seem significantly slower than the last recording you posted. I would record this piece myself, but I don't have a microphone, so...
It all happens on Discworld, where greed and ignorance influence human behavior... and perfectly ordinary people occasionally act like raving idiots.

A world, in short, totally unlike our own.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert