Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: What's it like to be a moderator?  (Read 3000 times)

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
What's it like to be a moderator?
on: May 16, 2007, 07:39:11 PM
With the huge number of posts here every day, does a moderator have to read them ALL?  Is being a moderator a huge amount of work?  How do you moderate chat rooms?  What's the best and worst parts about the job?

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Re: What's it like to be a moderator?
Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 01:50:28 PM
he gets to write:  'you can't report yourself to the moderator' when you click on it to find out how to complain that you have 71,224... something or other next to 'report to moderator.'  this is like a huge ticket or something.  is this complaints?  compliments.  am i in trouble or something?

Offline imbetter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 02:10:29 PM
thats your IP adress dear pianistimo, which you just gave away to the entire world  8)
"My advice to young musicians: Quit music! There is no choice. It has to be a calling, and even if it is and you think there's a choice, there is no choice"-Vladimir Feltsman

Offline rach n bach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 02:19:42 PM
Like it is that hard to find it out anyhow.... ::)
I'm an optimist... but I don't think it's helping...

Offline imbetter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 02:35:04 PM
only your IP adress appears to you.
"My advice to young musicians: Quit music! There is no choice. It has to be a calling, and even if it is and you think there's a choice, there is no choice"-Vladimir Feltsman

Offline rach n bach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 02:53:05 PM
8)  unless you are smart enough.  8)

(and don't ask, I am not going to tell you how... actually, I don't even know how to do it... it's just a computer geek who lives nearby....)
I'm an optimist... but I don't think it's helping...

Offline opus10no2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 06:40:28 PM
It's like being Spiderman.

Wiz gr8 POWAH cummah gr8 RezponzabiliT.

First it is just really cool, then becomes a burden, then it's just a power trip.
Da SDC Piano Forum :
https://www.dasdc.net/

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 01:32:49 AM
if he has a child - there'll be nothing left of him in  afew years.  moderator or not.

Offline ihatepop

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 01:37:04 PM
I'm an admin of my own forum...but theres not much work as there are currently only 4 members in it. ;D

ihatepop

Offline cziffra

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 12:06:02 AM
if he has a child - there'll be nothing left of him in  afew years.  moderator or not.

he had a kid last year

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 05:15:57 PM
last year?  that explains everything.  just kidding.  i think nils does a pretty good job.  even when he doesn't respond right away.  there's always music and new sheet music e-mails and stuff.  i like to look at the autograph manuscripts.  i think he picks the important stuff and doesn't worry.  it's not like he has to be God or anything.  (a scary thought)

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 10:09:43 AM
what moderators should do, to lighten the burden of constant reading of posts, ect. They should advertise for new moderators, people with clean records who are friendly and willing to help and have a wide experience of the PianoStreet website. I think a lot of people would be interested...:-D

G.W.K
When I'm right, no one remembers. When I'm wrong, no one forgets!

Offline ihatepop

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 08:11:32 AM
A job of a moderator is very tough, espacially for such a huge forum like this. Actually, the roles of a moderator varies from forum to forum. Its up to the administrator. Generally, a moderator has the ability to move threads, delete threads, sticky threads, lock threads, bump threads, as well as any other duties assigned by the administrator. Moderators might even have to ability to alter boards!

ihatepop

Offline pianochick93

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 10:37:42 AM
What would work is if we appointed maybe 2 moderators to each section "student's corner, Audition room" etc.

Those 2 would be responsible fo the moderation in that forum, and if someone happened to see something that they weren't sure about, they could PM the moderators and they could have a look.
h lp! S m b dy  st l   ll th  v w ls  fr m  my  k y b  rd!

I am an imagine of your figmentation.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert