Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: money  (Read 1443 times)

Offline onemanband

• PS Silver Member
money
on: April 27, 2004, 06:02:14 AM
To be honesty , money is one of the reasons that made me keep going so long in this field.  I've found out that pianists around me , some of them are my teachers, all lead a very nice ,even luxury lives! They drive BMW, live in big apartments in the downtown, dressed up decently and never have financial concerns. However, I can't understand how they made so much money since I am still in school.

One thing that I am sure is it takes years to be a pianist and even hard to be one of the succesful. So we , as a pianist , should be deserved.

The more you pay the more you gain,right?

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
Re: money
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 01:35:06 PM
Er, they're teachers.  They work at conservatories or universities.  They get paid lots.  Some in the 100k range.

But the real reason is that most pianists are drug dealers.  Did you know that?  They mostly tailor to the upper end crowd, not the teeny boppers at clubs.  High quality marijuana costing $3000 a hit is expensive stuff and they make a lot of profit.  Think about.  Who would suspect pianists and educators to be drug dealers?  And, who would think that their clientele are the upper class elites?

"The more you pay the more you gain, right?"

Well, the more you pay, the better the high.  And that could explain why some pianists can sit at the piano for hours practicing - they're stoned.

Offline bernhard

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 01:04:41 AM
Er, they're teachers.  They work at conservatories or universities.  They get paid lots.  Some in the 100k range.

But the real reason is that most pianists are drug dealers.  Did you know that?  

I do not believe either of these reasons to be correct.

Pianists are not rich. They just managed to impress so much the opposite sex with their playing, that they always end up marrying not only extrememly handsome partners, but milionaires as well.

So their money comes from the espouses they selected from the huge crowd throwing themselves at them.

Keep practising.

Best wishes,
Bernhard.
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. (Hunter Thompson)

Offline erik-

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 01:14:54 PM
Or maybe they come themselves from rich families !

Offline Clare

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 08:52:54 AM
Bwa-hahaaaa!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert