Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Valse no. 14 in E minor, Op. Posth. mp3 and VIDEO  (Read 9330 times)

Offline kawaidoodler

• PS Silver Member
Hello all,
I recorded this on a hammer-action digital kawai ES4 2 months ago.
Here is the video

Enjoy,
Peter

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Valse no. 14 in E minor, Op. Posth. mp3 and VIDEO
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:12:55 AM
Very nice recording, and a wonderful piece to listen!  Thanks for sharing!   :)

best wishes,

o12_3
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Online perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 12:52:39 AM
Becareful at 0:56 of the recording, because it sounds like you've changed time signature from a 3/4 to 6/8... because of the accents you give every third note in the quaver passages... Always keep the 3/4 pulse going through your head... at all times...

Also - at 1:41 - the Left hand seems to be doing something melodically interesting, however in the video we can barely hear it... I'd make it stand out a little bit more.

However, apart from that, I loved your performance... I really did. Well bloody done. It's a nice keyboard and the piece was performed with a lot of clarity.

Offline kawaidoodler

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 03:10:46 AM
Always keep the 3/4 pulse going through your head... at all times... Also - at 1:41 - the Left hand seems to be doing something melodically interesting, however in the video we can barely hear it... I'd make it stand out a little bit more.
However, apart from that, I loved your performance... I really did. Well bloody done. It's a nice keyboard and the piece was performed with a lot of clarity.

Thank you for listening carefully, for the very helpful comments and the compliments  :D
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Offline kawaidoodler

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 03:11:55 AM
Very nice recording, and a wonderful piece to listen!  Thanks for sharing!   :)

Thanks you!!  :)

Offline kelly_kelly

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 12:23:21 PM
Very nice playing! This is such a fun piece to play - I used to love playing it a few years ago. I agree with perfect_pitch's suggestions, but overall I really enjoyed your performance.
It all happens on Discworld, where greed and ignorance influence human behavior... and perfectly ordinary people occasionally act like raving idiots.

A world, in short, totally unlike our own.

Offline communist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 04:03:53 PM
I prefer it faster but that is just me. I thought you could have made the last four chords and the apreggio that leads to them much more powerful. Besides that it was quite good!
"The stock markets go up and down, Bach only goes up"

-Vladimir Feltsman
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert