Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Etude op 10/9  (Read 2757 times)

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
Chopin Etude op 10/9
on: June 01, 2010, 08:47:34 AM
Soo, I started playing this like a week ago, (and haven't played it for my teacher yet) so there are probably quite many details I haven't noticed. Couple of wrong notes, but good enough for audition room, I think.

All comments are welcome :)

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Etude op 10/9
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:21:38 AM
no advice at all? =/

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 11:36:58 AM
Hey Man...

Sorry - I've heard your recording, but I caught it just before I was giving a piano lesson, so didn't have time to reply... That plus the fact that I've never played this etude before, so I probably couldn't say anything really productive since I've never attempted this piece.

Although - one thing - I would build the climax (to the A, Bb, Db, octaves) more by pushing the tempo and then quickly holding back to give more drama to the piece.

I'd also probably echo the Db & G repeated octaves a bit more... the dramatic loud, then the repeated octave ones with more mystery.

But then again... I haven't played the piece, nor seen the music so it's probably just generic help that you probably already know.

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 11:11:38 AM
My intentions are to play the way you described, and I though I did... So thx for telling me :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert