Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Project Shapety Shape  (Read 70283 times)

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Re: Project Shapety Shape
Reply #350 on: February 05, 2012, 02:33:41 PM
Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation out there regarding healthy eating/lifestyle.

The best way to be healthy and slow the aging process is to ...
blanket statements are part of the problem.

not picking on you but without starting a big long explanation, like many things in this scene, it depends who you are talking to.  lc/vlc can and do work for many but it is not neccessarily 'the way' to go.  especially in non metabolically derranged individuals with high glycolitic pathway demands. in fact in this scenario dependin on adrenal health, a lc/vlc diet can make things go from ok/bad to worse due to the demands placed on the gluconeogenic pathway and the need to liberate for cho from the liver, adrenal health can be compromised if other factors are not tightly in check.

the main thing is to consier your own situation and needs and go from there. it needs to be an individualized approach.

i won't get too far into the alcohol statement this go around.  i guess the state we're in after ingesting it is called inTOXIfication by mistake and there isn't a very convincing dose response curve, by that virtue i guess drinking anti-freeze or propylene glycol in small amounts is probably a good idea too.

Offline cherub_rocker1979

• PS Silver Member
Reply #351 on: February 05, 2012, 06:30:47 PM
blanket statements are part of the problem.

not picking on you but without starting a big long explanation, like many things in this scene, it depends who you are talking to.  lc/vlc can and do work for many but it is not neccessarily 'the way' to go.  especially in non metabolically derranged individuals with high glycolitic pathway demands. in fact in this scenario dependin on adrenal health, a lc/vlc diet can make things go from ok/bad to worse due to the demands placed on the gluconeogenic pathway and the need to liberate for cho from the liver, adrenal health can be compromised if other factors are not tightly in check.

the main thing is to consier your own situation and needs and go from there. it needs to be an individualized approach.

i won't get too far into the alcohol statement this go around.  i guess the state we're in after ingesting it is called inTOXIfication by mistake and there isn't a very convincing dose response curve, by that virtue i guess drinking anti-freeze or propylene glycol in small amounts is probably a good idea too.

So you believe all the fluff about how we're supposed to eat lots of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and avoid fat and cholesterol?

If this diet is so healthy then why are we seeing more obesity and more diabetes?

When you consume a lot of carbs, they get converted into glucose (blood sugar), even whole grains and you sort of glue yourself together (glycation).  The tissues of vital organs like the heart, lungs, etc lose their elasticity.

I think in the end all our bodies function the same way, I'm not sure I buy into the idea that some people need to eat certain things and some others.  The body works pretty much the same.

You can have a drink with a meal and not get drunk.  Moderate amounts of alcohol help improve blood circulation and help prevent glycation.  You need to put a stress on the body to help make it stronger, so moderation is key.

As long as people continue eating high amounts of carbs, we will see continued increase in rapid aging, diabetes, heart disease and obesity.

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #352 on: February 05, 2012, 07:50:41 PM
So you believe all the fluff about how we're supposed to eat lots of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and avoid fat and cholesterol?...

i said nothing of the sort. just that the  blanket statements in their attempt to simplify a complex concept leave so much out that it only serves to confuse.  

i made it a point not to get into pissing contests over this stuff a long time ago (sometime between wrapping up some of  my formal  graduate biochemistry and biomedical sciences (molecular cell bio , etc) studies and a successful run for a couple of years in the athletic strength and conditioning and physique competitor coaching and consulting realm), interestingly, i never had a situation where the stuff that worked for performance and aesthetics didn't land them in a healthier place too (less inflammation, decreased autoimmuse issues, etc).

i didn't take issue with your premise which ultimately does work for a lot of people especially if their insulin and leptin signaling pathways are funky, but i have had to help repair my fair share of 'broken' metabolisms from clients that had done chronic low card dieting just cause they thought it was the way to go.

my approach is firmly steeped in evolutionary biology, sound proven and documented physiolgoy, and basic biochemistry, where there are gaps it is usually backed by strong anectotal evidence and i never confuse correlation with causality.  

fact remains, who are you, what are your circumstances.  

i wish you the best in your pursuit of health and a long life, but my stance in my original response stands on its own. just blidnly saying lc is the way to go is a no no. and if you start with a slant towards that premise then go digging for data to support it, you have done what is referred to in biostatistics , introuduced a research bias, which is very bad science.

ps btw, i think you're facing the right general direction on a g e's (advanced glycation end products) but mechanistically you're not quite there and what happens at the molecular level is hardly a decrease in 'elasticity'.  again for general purposes your call sort of works in breif dicscussions in passing, but it is biochemically speaking, not so correct.

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #353 on: February 05, 2012, 08:19:17 PM
my approach is firmly steeped in evolutionary biology, sound proven and documented physiolgoy, and basic biochemistry, where there are gaps it is usually backed by strong anectotal evidence and i never confuse correlation with causality. 

fact remains, who are you, what are your circumstances. 

Listen to him!! Believe me, he is an authority in these matters: the Bernhard of fitness!  ;)

P.S. You don't know who is Bernhard?  :o  :o :o :o :o Oh,  the horror, oh,  the shock!!!!
Marg faints

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #354 on: February 05, 2012, 08:25:55 PM
Listen to him!! Believe me, he is an authority in these matters: the Bernhard of fitness!  ;)

P.S. You don't know who is Bernhard?  :o  :o :o :o :o Oh,  the horror, oh,  the shock!!!!
Marg faints

lol you're  too nice, and probably too generous with your praise. i'm just a science nerd that never outgrew recess/playing outstide and when i was too small, too weak, too slow, i decided to go read a book or two, or more...one day i turend around and i could actaully read and understand this

oh and that comment i made about how you can lose very important information when you oversimply, here's a summary, and honestly it's pretty damn useless for anything other than explaining how much info we're not seeing...

but meh, i just want to hurry up and finish my beethoven variations, pick up a few heavy weights, play a video game, nap, repeat....if i can answer a question or two now and then from a frustrated friend in their quest to not suck at life and just be a more awesome person in general, that'll work too

ps i know all that crap upstairs and even have a favorite enzyme (nerd alert!) but i do not yet know who bernhard is, sorry for makingyou faint. i'll look him up promise.

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #355 on: February 05, 2012, 09:00:03 PM
but meh, i just want to hurry up and finish my beethoven variations, pick up a few heavy weights, play a video game, nap, repeat....if i can answer a question or two now and then from a frustrated friend in their quest to not suck at life and just be a more awesome person in general, that'll work too
ps i know all that crap upstairs and even have a favorite enzyme (nerd alert!) but i do not yet know who bernhard is, sorry for makingyou faint. i'll look him up promise.
I'm very impressed....really, I'm not kidding  :D  :D  :D. May I know wich Bee Variations are your studying? Diabelli or C minor? they both are wonderful. You seem to be fond of the musical form
of variations (me too ;) ;) )

P.S. BTW, Bernhard is a guy who used to post a lot in PS:  the most interesting, useful, brilliant advices, insights, philosophical considerations about piano playing/teaching, and life in general. He disappeared suddenly about two years ago. I miss him acutely, as many of us. He was really special, and inspiring.  I'm sure you'll enjoy his posts, please read them!!!
(the "fainting" stuff etc. was a quotation from him).

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #356 on: February 05, 2012, 09:10:50 PM
May I know wich Bee Variations are your studying? Diabelli or C minor? they both are wonderful. You seem to be fond of the musical form
of variations (me too ;) ;) )

i like them and tend to learn  them in stead of a sonata from time to time. i'm learning quiet the charming and relatively underplayed G major ones from woo77 (six variations in g major on an original theme).

they're early beethoven so they are relatively uncomplicated/approachable and only briefly hint at the storm brewing in his soul we hear later on. i'll send you a great mp3 of my favorite recording of them .

i thought early on these woudl be easier than they have turned out to be. i struggle with classical in general and getting the right deliate non hard tone/touch on these while bringing out the lines and clear phrasing is really a challenge. i hope to perform them formallly in several weeks so i'll post in the audition room when they're done.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #357 on: February 06, 2012, 03:45:19 AM
meh.

*waits for the rapture*
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #358 on: February 06, 2012, 06:53:37 AM
meh.

*waits for the rapture*

I subscribe.... :) :) :) :)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #359 on: February 06, 2012, 04:05:38 PM
No cycling today due to the snow, so off to the gym tonight.

I am desperate to get the weight down ready for the London to Paris.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline starstruck5

• PS Silver Member
Reply #360 on: February 06, 2012, 07:42:08 PM
If I were to lose just one stone I would be seriously underweight!  I don't understand this thread -hate me if you will.  ;D
When a search is in progress, something will be found.

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #361 on: February 06, 2012, 08:01:12 PM
If I were to lose just one stone I would be seriously underweight!  I don't understand this thread -hate me if you will.  ;D
But the issue is "fitness" in general, not losing weight (and I'm insist that Thal must remain how he's actually ;).
I'm underweight, too, but I found Enrique's posts, for instance, very very interesting and useful!
Marg

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #362 on: February 06, 2012, 08:18:56 PM
I'm underweight

I can give you a few kilos ;D

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #363 on: February 06, 2012, 09:51:13 PM
I can give you a few kilos ;D

Thal
No, thanks, those extra kilos  suit you better  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Offline starstruck5

• PS Silver Member
Reply #364 on: February 06, 2012, 10:40:57 PM
But the issue is "fitness" in general, not losing weight (and I'm insist that Thal must remain how he's actually ;).
I'm underweight, too, but I found Enrique's posts, for instance, very very interesting and useful!
Marg

LOL-just goes to show you shouldn't just skim through a thread -I'm as fit as I need to be I guess - I think exercise is over rated -I used to have one of those exercise cycles -then I sold that and now just do my karate exercises everyday -which I enjoy.  I think eating correctly -the right amount of calories and not eating at the wrong times -like just before you go to bed is important.   
When a search is in progress, something will be found.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #365 on: February 07, 2012, 01:09:13 AM
What about red wine?  That's supposed to be healthy.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #366 on: February 07, 2012, 01:48:06 AM
you can certainly put worse things in you.  my stance on the stuff? if it's a deal breaker for you and you can cut out the real bad stuff, red wine is probably not so bad now and then (it is still a toxin but if you're healthy your liver can probably deal with it now and then). 

drink it cause you like it, not neccessarily for a 'health benefit'  an author i really respect on these matter basically puts it like this, drink as much as you can so that you're sex life is enhanced to the max without getting yourself divorced or fired (pretty much says the same thinga bout sleeping too).

Offline cherub_rocker1979

• PS Silver Member
Reply #367 on: February 07, 2012, 03:12:58 AM

Wine (red and white) is very good for you and can really make meals even more enjoyable.  Enjoy!

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #368 on: February 07, 2012, 04:36:33 AM
How about weight vests?

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #369 on: February 07, 2012, 12:59:53 PM
How about weight vests?
short answer? yes.

longer answer? yes_____________________ .

seriously, they are a very effective and versatile strength and conditioning tool. i have two of them a 'heavy one' for strength endurance work (a 40 lbs. one to train max effort bodyweight plus exercises for overall strength), and a ligher one (for longer duration efforts/conditioning work).

if properly inserted in an otherwise sound program, they can be of tremendous use.

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #370 on: February 07, 2012, 03:29:01 PM
One's never finished to learn....I had no idea that such a thing existed  :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #371 on: February 07, 2012, 04:45:03 PM
Me, neither!!!  ::) ::) ::)

Enrique, you must be Mr Muscle Man, like Arnold S!!  Sorry can't spell his name. You know, the former Gov of California. 

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #372 on: February 07, 2012, 04:52:51 PM
As of this morning, a couple of pounds have raptured away since the last time I checked. 
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #373 on: February 07, 2012, 05:28:23 PM
Doesn’t  exist in this world a gym/muscle training  equipment (even the most unusual or weird one ) that Enrique DOESN’T  know or have tried? I'm going to think that's impossibile  ;)....

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #374 on: February 07, 2012, 08:01:50 PM
Doesn’t  exist in this world a gym/muscle training  equipment (even the most unusual or weird one ) that Enrique DOESN’T  know or have tried? I'm going to think that's impossibile  ;)....
i refuse to try this perverted joke of an exercise tool.

as if the shake weight wasn't bad enough....

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #375 on: February 07, 2012, 08:22:07 PM
i refuse to try this perverted joke of an exercise tool.

as if the shake weight wasn't bad enough....

:o :o :o :o :o This is really the weirdest of the fitness paraphernalia I've ever seen...And of course YOU KNEW about its existence: qod erat demonstrandum  ;D ;D

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #376 on: February 20, 2012, 01:46:20 AM
What about back exercises?  I never hear much about those.

I'm thinking more lower back exercises.  I found some 'back upper arm' ones on youtube. 

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #377 on: February 20, 2012, 06:35:33 AM
:o :o :o :o :o This is really the weirdest of the fitness paraphernalia I've ever seen...And of course YOU KNEW about its existence: qod erat demonstrandum  ;D ;D
There's something very erotic about this ad.  I think that's the underlying message behind it.
Well, today I've decided to go to a gym here in cap d'antibes.  It'll probably cost more than a Parioli spa, but I've got to do something fast.  I have 6 more weeks before returning to Italy and I've gained at least 10 pounds on the cheeses and wine here...
On the other hand, since starting the appassionata, my fingers have slimmed down incredibly...!

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #378 on: February 21, 2012, 12:11:17 AM
For back exercises, I was also thinking "trunk" instead of the back upper arms.  It's easy to find back upper arms exercises.  How do you exercise the trunk though?

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #379 on: February 23, 2012, 06:41:18 AM
This evening I did my 5th workout from a program called P90X.  I really like it.  It's motto is "bring it," which I guess is fairly fitting for me. 

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #380 on: February 23, 2012, 08:22:31 AM
I did eat a tube of Smarties yesterday, but I did it for Jesus, as when emptied of sweets the tube is filled up with 20p's and given to the Church to help the poor. Sometimes for a good cause, one has to sacrifice.

Bike number 2 has now been serviced and ready for a biggish ride on Saturday.

Bring it.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #381 on: February 23, 2012, 09:46:27 AM
I did eat a tube of Smarties yesterday, but I did it for Jesus
Don't tell p**n**t**o!...

as when emptied of sweets the tube is filled up with 20p's and given to the Church to help the poor.
Why not just give it to the poor and cut out the middle man?

Bike number 2 has now been serviced and ready for a biggish ride on Saturday.
Well, first we had the orotund Baron Prescott of Kingston-upon-Hull (who, let's face it, could do with losing a kilo or ten) nicknamed "Johnny two Jags" and now we have our esteemèd Lord Thal of Gravesend earning himself the moniker of "Thally two bikes"!

Bring it.
I have to admit that I don't understand this phrase in the context in which m1469 quotes it above; perhaps she'll explain it.

I must confess that, having none of the exercising diligence to which numerous members have testified in this thread, at least some weight loss can probably come about merely as a consequence of reading some of the posts on the subject...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #382 on: February 23, 2012, 05:10:55 PM
I have to admit that I don't understand this phrase in the context in which m1469 quotes it above; perhaps she'll explain it.

It basically translates to:  In 3-4 months I will feel confident wearing just about any dress on stage that I want.  And in 5-6 months I definitely will feel confident wearing any dress that I want.  Just to be clear, I still want classy, no matter what!

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #383 on: February 23, 2012, 05:59:57 PM
It basically translates to:  In 3-4 months I will feel confident wearing just about any dress on stage that I want.  And in 5-6 months I definitely will feel confident wearing any dress that I want.  Just to be clear, I still want classy, no matter what!
Forgive my density (if that's indeed what it is rather than yet another case of two nations divided by a common language!) but, although I understand your translation above, I still don't get how "bring it" may be extrapolated from it; bring what, exactly (and to where)?

Anyway, good luck with it all; it's more than I could do!

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #384 on: February 23, 2012, 07:03:47 PM
Will someone please attempt to move hinty into the 21st century.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #385 on: February 23, 2012, 07:45:32 PM
"Thally two bikes"!

Thally three bikes now.

You obviously don't frequent the pictures thread where I posted my most recent purchase.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #386 on: February 23, 2012, 10:03:39 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to lose some fat only in one part of your body without losing weight? Because I wouldn't want to lose weight because some parts of my body are even to skinny! But my thighs are too fat!  ::) I think because I have the most fat there and also a lot of muscles! So would it be possible to lose fat only there but nowhere else? And also my friend said that if you start doing some exercises that you only get muscles over the fat so it would just look even fatter... but I don't know if that's true...  :-\

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #387 on: February 23, 2012, 10:27:34 PM
As far as I know there is no other method than surgery, to lose fat at particular points. And that is of course no solution for you, littletune, because you are beautiful exactly as you are!! If your overall weight is okay, and your BMI is okay too, for you, there is no other solution than to just accept yourself as you are, and I think you are now in a phase of rapidly progressing development. Okay, maybe you can enlarge some other muscles as a "counterpoint" to your "fat thighs" (I am sure that they are not fat, they are just right) through workout, if you decide to do so.
But it's completely normal that you start to feel uncomfortable with your body, in certain transitional phases of your life. And it might need a bit of time to adjust your "inner" with your "outer" perception of yourself.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #388 on: February 23, 2012, 10:37:17 PM

Thal

Also here, (while we're at it) I must say, I like "Hinty" just as he is and I don't have the impression that anything might be not okay with him, century-wise. To fulfill our individual intentions we might choose whatever we need from some centuries, or styles, or "movements" and combine them the way we have to, in our respective individual way.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #389 on: February 24, 2012, 12:26:07 AM
You could exercise the muscles and firm them up.  That would tighten them up and make them appear less.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #390 on: February 24, 2012, 03:05:27 AM
This program that I'm doing works about every muscle (it's true!) in the body, Littletune!  It is possible to isolate muscle groups, but right now I'm just letting the program show me how - there's 12 different workouts.  We did the hardcore yoga (it's advanced for nearly half of the session (and I couldn't do the actual poses very much)) two evenings ago (that session is an hour and a half), and it kicked my butt!  Then at the end of the session yesterday (lots of pull-ups and some other things), there was a 15 minute program called ab ripper ... haha ... I did better at it this time!  Now, I'm about to bring it with kempo!  It's an hour long (every session is), and as of yesterday's workout, I'm bridging out of the couch potato mode and into actually being able to push myself athletically a bit more.  It feels super good and like I'm supposed to feel!  Very high protein diet right now, too, called the "fat shredder"  :P for the first 30 days.

Bring it!  >:(

Offline ajspiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #391 on: February 24, 2012, 03:22:10 AM

Thal

"bring it" refers to a challenge, and is an expression of your attitude toward that challenge.

"it" is the challenge, bring it is saying bring on the challenge as I am more than ready to succeed.

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #392 on: February 24, 2012, 07:33:23 AM
I have increased the rate of my exercycling by 25% over the last week because I felt I wasn't being worked enough. There are three ways of doing it: increase the resistance, pedal faster or pedal for longer. As I was already using high resistance and didn't relish training all day the only practical one for me was the second, so I still do an hour, give or take five minutes, but do 25% more turns. So far so good, I haven't felt a scrap of negative reaction.

Did I mention I am a fan of eating a huge heap of bran every day ? "All Bran" is far too expensive by itself so I make a large bowl comprising equal parts of "All Bran", unprocessed bran (very cheap) and unprocessed oat bran (very cheap). I mix it up a bit, microwave a large cup and a half of water, pour it over, then stir copiously until thoroughly mixed. After about ten minutes I find it delicious.

Nobody else agrees though, and my wife frequently makes remarks about horses, pigs and other farm animals; the word "revolting" has been used. But .....since starting these large bran breakfasts six years ago, processing in the basement department has been efficient, same time, on time, without exception. I used to be plagued with completely harmless but exceedingly painful and long lasting occurrences down below, necessitating visits to the doctor. These are now completely a thing of the past. Most people now realise fibre is essential, but as with exercise, I don't think they really get anywhere near enough of it.

Just build up the intake slowly to avoid bloat, and don't talk while eating it. Bran can produce a truly marvellous choking fit.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #393 on: February 24, 2012, 07:36:50 AM
...written by someone who doesn't at all care for 19th century piano concertos, of course...

As long as no one tries to move me into the gym, that'll be fine.

Best,

Aistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #394 on: February 24, 2012, 08:19:53 AM
...written by someone who doesn't at all care for 19th century piano concertos, of course...

What can I say, as time goes on, some things get better and others worse.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #395 on: February 24, 2012, 01:19:59 PM
What can I say, as time goes on, some things get better and others worse.
That's certainly true, although into which of those two categories the prospect of watching you driving three bicycles simultansouely falls I cannot be certain.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #396 on: February 25, 2012, 07:25:57 PM
Thanks Wolfi, Bob and m1469 for answering my question! :) Well I hope I can figure out some exercises someday (or that someone else would tell me)... and it's not that I would think I'm fat... it's just that I think I'm kind of weird because the upper part of my body is kinda skinny (like my ribs are sticking out and my waist is really tinny) but then the lower part of my body looks a lot fatter so I just think it's kinda weird and funny, like two different people put together.  ;D  ::) well my mum says that in our family we all have fatter legs than other parts of our body.  ::)

Oh... at first I got scared Ted said he was a fan of eating a huge heap of brain every day   :o  :-X I am SOOOOOOOO glad it wasn't that!!!!  :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #397 on: February 25, 2012, 07:37:41 PM
Genes or family culture.  Hard to battle against.

Just lift dumbbell weights in each hand.  Standing up.  Laying down. 

And do pushups and pullups. 

Modified to whatever is the right level for you. 

That's what I did and I can tell a difference. 

The interesting thing is that it doesn't always take daily exercise.  I haven't quite figured it out.  Weight lifting shouldn't be done everyday from what I've heard.  But it doesn't take hours in the gym, at least to keep things firmed up.

Add to that varying exercises.  So the body doesn't stop growing muscle or whatever it does and so there aren't unused muscles that shrink.

Still, easier said than done. 

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #398 on: February 25, 2012, 08:06:52 PM
Oh... at first I got scared Ted said he was a fan of eating a huge heap of brain every day   :o  :-X I am SOOOOOOOO glad it wasn't that!!!!  :)

Ha ha ! No, I am not like the zombies in "Plants versus Zombies".
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #399 on: February 25, 2012, 08:17:56 PM
Ha ha ! No, I am not like the zombies in "Plants versus Zombies".

;D  :P

Thanks Bob!  :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert