Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: New childboard  (Read 2116 times)

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
New childboard
on: October 27, 2011, 12:12:54 PM
lately, I noticed one or two compositions popping up every now and then. I think there should be a new childboard under 'audition room'. The child board should be called 'compositions'. What do you think, Johan?
Funny? How? How am I funny?

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
Re: New childboard
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 10:51:26 PM
Maybe even a 'technique' childboard under PERFORMANCE..I don't know... :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:01:17 AM
or even an mp3 requests board. 

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 09:39:03 PM
Nils philosophy was/is to keep the boards as simple as possible I believe.  Piano World gets confusing with all their boards.  I suppose there is the misc piano board and anything but for catch all boards.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 11:25:36 PM
I think there should be a childboard for new childboard requests
  • Mozart-Sonata KV310 - A minor

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 06:57:53 AM
I think there should be a childboard for new childboard requests

Great Idea

Nils philosophy was/is to keep the boards as simple as possible I believe.  Piano World gets confusing with all their boards.  I suppose there is the misc piano board and anything but for catch all boards.

I suppose yes, you have your point. Where did you get Nil's philosophies from?

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 12:40:12 PM
We asked for things years ago and he said that.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 02:37:03 PM
Since some compositions are  being posted along wiht improvisations and that both are creative stuff, perhaps a merger between the two?

JL

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 06:12:43 PM
Some people are already posting compositions in the improv board.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Online ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 09:18:37 PM
I don't think any more categories would help me personally at all. I have a hard enough time deciding where to put some of my playing as it is. Most of my old written compositions attract spontaneous content when I play them now, sometimes to the point of being mostly improvised. If I think more is composed than improvised then I put it in the Audition Room and in the Improvisation Board if vice-versa. But not to put too fine a point on it, what is composition anyway ? Something written out ? Not these days I think. Does improvisation have be devoid of any sections of previously written work, previously thought out work ? I don't think so. For many people who do both, there is a tangled continuum between piano improvisation and piano composition. For me, a composition is just an improvisation which has become relatively stable over time. I used to carry dozens around in my head for years without actually writing anything out.

I think the present classifications are as workable as any. What I would not like to see is any attempted division into musical type, classical, jazz and so on, as they have done on Pianoworld. I cannot see any sense in that at all.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline williampiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 10:09:56 PM
Honestly, I just use the Audition Room for composition and performance and I use the Improv. Board for my improvisations. Either way, when you post a recording and you are looking for feedback, the same general people are bound to find it anyway. So I don't think it matters too much if you post it in the Audition Room, Improv Board or a new Composition Board because people will see it anyways and possibly respond to it.

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 01:12:43 AM
Thx for all your insights. I just feel that the Auditon room board should be purely for people playing OTHER people's/composers compositions and getting judged by fellows.

JL
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert