Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: Left hand "Stride, boogie-woogie...  (Read 6950 times)

Offline alessandro

• PS Silver Member
Left hand "Stride, boogie-woogie...
on: March 12, 2012, 11:48:02 AM
Hello dear forumeers,

Would somebody have some sheetmusic, even if it only focused on the left hand, of a few, well let's call it "tricks", or some "chords" or some left hand line, some bass-line for playing well... something boogie-like, or boogie-woogie, or swing, you know what I mean, something that's probably like almost hundred years old.   Doodo-deedi, doodo-deedi, doodo-deedi, you know what I mean.  I'm thinking about patterns, left hand, or other general stuff, to improvise around.   Something like an old uncle could have shown me "look to this, my boy, from here on, you can play a lot of funny stuff, improvise around that..."   Something like early 'Ray Charles'-like music.   Foundation of jazz in let's say four rhythmic chords...   (I have some Ragtime at home, and Brubeck, and some Horace Silver, and some Oscar Peterson, but nothing really "basic", "root-like"...)

Very kind greeting to you all.

Alright.

Offline allthumbs

Re: Left hand "Stride, boogie-woogie...
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 06:21:43 AM
Hello dear forumeers,

Would somebody have some sheetmusic, even if it only focused on the left hand, of a few, well let's call it "tricks", or some "chords" or some left hand line, some bass-line for playing well... something boogie-like, or boogie-woogie, or swing, you know what I mean, something that's probably like almost hundred years old.   Doodo-deedi, doodo-deedi, doodo-deedi, you know what I mean.  I'm thinking about patterns, left hand, or other general stuff, to improvise around.   Something like an old uncle could have shown me "look to this, my boy, from here on, you can play a lot of funny stuff, improvise around that..."   Something like early 'Ray Charles'-like music.   Foundation of jazz in let's say four rhythmic chords...   (I have some Ragtime at home, and Brubeck, and some Horace Silver, and some Oscar Peterson, but nothing really "basic", "root-like"...)

Very kind greeting to you all.

Alright.

Sorry, I haven't been around for a month or so. I hope this helps you out

allthumbs
Sauter Delta (185cm) polished ebony 'Lucy'
Serial # 118 562

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert