Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Harlem Shake hits Hong Kong finally!  (Read 2027 times)

Offline lampard1986

• PS Silver Member
Harlem Shake hits Hong Kong finally!
on: March 02, 2013, 03:18:36 PM
A bunch of musicians did the harlem shake in one of the Parsons Music store in Hong Kong

(Check out the Slash with his Gibson at the front XD)

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
Re: Harlem Shake hits Hong Kong finally!
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:50:47 PM
Any other dancers out there who think the shake is stupid?  The movements have nothing to do with the music, just a bunch of idiots wiggling all around like their brains suffered a massive hemorrhage.

The Harlem Hemorrhage!

Offline rachmaninoff_forever

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 01:39:03 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last week ago I posted a video of my music theory class and I doing the Harlem shake.

And yesterday we tried to do a flasmob in the main entrance right after school.  I started it so it was kinda scary at first, but after the bass dropped, EVERYONE was doing it!!!  But the security guards unplugged the amp and tried to punish me and my accomplice, but I managed to get away.  Anyways, while they were ruining our fun, the WHOLE SCHOOL was booing them!!!  It was soooo freaking loud!!!

Anyways, my friend said that he might get a suspsension. 

We did nothing wrong!!!

In fact, we united everyone!  Everyone put aside their difference and all started dancing!

Anyways, we have to try it again...
Live large, die large.  Leave a giant coffin.

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 11:13:57 AM
It's highly unlikely your friend will be suspended unless it's written explicitly that you cannot dance in school, after school.  However, being the sneaking-ass bastards that administrators are, they'll accuse your friend of inciting a riot, in which case, he may be suspended.  If that occurs, lawyer up, *** the school district out of several thousand dollars in legal fees.

And I still hate the Harlem Hemorrhage.  You have to be deaf to move like that to that kind of music.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 04:25:28 PM
It's highly unlikely your friend will be suspended unless it's written explicitly that you cannot dance in school, after school.  However, being the sneaking-ass bastards that administrators are, they'll accuse your friend of inciting a riot, in which case, he may be suspended.  If that occurs, lawyer up, *** the school district out of several thousand dollars in legal fees.

At our school, if you're attacked, you can't defend yourself or else you'll get punished.  

Some rules huh?

Offline lampard1986

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 04:26:18 PM
Any other dancers out there who think the shake is stupid?  The movements have nothing to do with the music, just a bunch of idiots wiggling all around like their brains suffered a massive hemorrhage.

The Harlem Hemorrhage!

Yeah I agree with you that they are kind of silly and what the hell lol
But it seems people these days like watching this kind of stuff ;D

Offline lampard1986

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 04:27:04 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last week ago I posted a video of my music theory class and I doing the Harlem shake.

And yesterday we tried to do a flasmob in the main entrance right after school.  I started it so it was kinda scary at first, but after the bass dropped, EVERYONE was doing it!!!  But the security guards unplugged the amp and tried to punish me and my accomplice, but I managed to get away.  Anyways, while they were ruining our fun, the WHOLE SCHOOL was booing them!!!  It was soooo freaking loud!!!

Anyways, my friend said that he might get a suspsension. 

We did nothing wrong!!!

In fact, we united everyone!  Everyone put aside their difference and all started dancing!

Anyways, we have to try it again...

Do share you vid when you are done  8)!

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 05:26:34 PM
Do share you vid when you are done  8)!

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 04:05:17 AM
The music was over-dubbed in the video, but did you actually have music in class when you were all hemorrhaging?

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 10:35:04 PM
The music was over-dubbed in the video, but did you actually have music in class when you were all hemorrhaging?

Yeah, we did.

Offline lampard1986

• PS Silver Member
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert