Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Stolen Laptop (Macbook)  (Read 1288 times)

Offline bachrach

• PS Silver Member
Stolen Laptop (Macbook)
on: November 02, 2013, 11:54:48 PM
Hi everyone,

My Macbook Pro was stolen a month ago and I've just located it using iCloud and the app Find iPhone from my iPhone 5. I was wondering if there is any way to remotely access the camera on my Macbook to record video or at least take a picture. I have Skype installed on it (hopefully it hasn't been wiped) so maybe I could use that... Besides Skype and Facetime, I don't have any other way to capture photos that I can think of. Any ideas? I can only do this while the computer is connected to the Internet.

Thanks

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
Re: Stolen Laptop (Macbook)
Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 12:03:15 AM
Did you already report the laptop stolen?  This is very important for legal reasons since the police won't do anything if you didn't report it.

Offline bachrach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 12:16:01 AM
Yes, a report was made the day it was stolen. The details and serial number were given in the report.

Offline bachrach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 12:17:45 AM
I have tracked it to a building.

The approximate address given by Google Streeview is 93 Wavecrest Ct, Los Angeles, CA

I've spoken with the police, but I've been informed that they can only knock on the door. If nobody answers they cannot do anything else.

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 12:28:10 AM
I have tracked it to a building.

The approximate address given by Google Streeview is 93 Wavecrest Ct, Los Angeles, CA

I've spoken with the police, but I've been informed that they can only knock on the door. If nobody answers they cannot do anything else.

Thats gay as *** D;  best luck, you should if they keep protecting the criminals with those crappy laws, DIY or hire someone to do it, if ye follow....
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 01:04:50 AM
Thats gay as

Don't say such homophobic things. 

theholygideons

Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 02:13:17 AM
i thought there was a law that said if you break a law, e.g. break and enter, in order to get evidence against someone, and that guy committed a crime more serious, i.e. steal your laptop, you could be able to break into his house?  ;D

theholygideons

Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 02:21:30 AM
omg.. it was halloween lately, you could have gone trick or treating and knocked on his door and got your laptop back  ;D

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 02:44:37 AM
omg.. it was halloween lately, you could have gone trick or treating and knocked on his door and got your laptop back  ;D

This is genius.  What can't you be genius, OP? ;)

Offline bachrach

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 03:15:25 AM
Haha. Unfortunately I wasn't able to locate it until yesterday. Hm... I don't want to wait another year.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert