Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Little song from years ago - "As Once I Flew"  (Read 974 times)

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Little song from years ago - "As Once I Flew"
on: January 26, 2015, 10:05:46 AM
I was listening to some old improvisations tonight and this started to play. Like so many melodies I used to write in my youth I had completely forgotten it. A change from my usual poultice of notes anyway.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Re: Little song from years ago - "As Once I Flew"
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 05:26:05 AM
Wow, Ted!  This romantic gem from your early days is very beautiful indeed.  I'm glad you found the recording and posted it. Therein, your playing is most impressive.  It was a pleasure to hear it! 

David 
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Re: Little song from years ago - "As Once I Flew"
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 06:22:02 AM
Thanks David. I think a rough score of it is in the pile somewhere. I tend to forget sometimes that simplicity can be more powerful than complexity.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert