Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin op 10 no 1  (Read 1410 times)

Offline expressman70

Chopin op 10 no 1
on: October 29, 2016, 09:54:37 PM
Hey all,

I am currently learning the piece, and the arpeggios are not really hard for me at all. What is tricky is actually accenting the 5th finger.

Therefore:

What is the best way to practice to get this effect in tempo?

I can pull it off in practice tempo but when I play it fast it seems like it is swallowed.

If you play the piece please enlighten me, and make my life a bit easier.

Thank you very much for viewing, and have a great day!

MM

Offline adodd81802

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin op 10 no 1
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 11:52:22 PM
I could be wrong (Someone will correct me) And I cannot play the piece.

But I remember reading somewhere that actually Chopin wrote the accents because the natural movement of the hand caused this, not because you actively had to try for them - Almost like he was trying to make the piece more natural by adding them in....

I'm not sure if there is a wrong way to play this at speed and not accent those notes...
"England is a country of pianos, they are everywhere."

Offline expressman70

Re: Chopin op 10 no 1
Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 03:33:06 PM
Lol thanks for the reply, but regardless I want to be able to choose to either make an accent, and have control.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert