Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: Haydn sonata movement, Chopin etudes, Chopin mazurka  (Read 2032 times)

Offline blazekenny

• PS Silver Member
Hello, I have a couple of recordings to share with you :

Haydn - Sonata HobXVI:33 in D major - 1st movement
&t=123s

Chopin - Mazurka in E minor op.17 no.2

Chopin - Etude op.10 no.4

Chopin - Etude op.10 no.5

I would appreciate any comments on my playing !

Offline piulento

Re: Haydn sonata movement, Chopin etudes, Chopin mazurka
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 04:22:02 PM
Wow, these are all really great. Well done!
Nothing else needs to be said :)

Offline thirtytwo2020

Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 11:03:00 AM
I agree, this is fabulous playing! Congratulations and thanks!
And the recorded sound is just fantastic. One only hopes that in the future you will be able to make videos that are as professionally produced when it comes to the visual element...

If I could wish for anything in your playing (since you ask for comments) it would be that you'd explore a more leggiero approach in the Chopin etudes. Near the end in the op 10 no 5, there are one or two places where you really relax and use a very light and delicate tone, which is absolutely wonderful. Without these moments, in my opinion these pieces become too overpowering.   

Offline blazekenny

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 09:28:56 AM
I agree, this is fabulous playing! Congratulations and thanks!
And the recorded sound is just fantastic. One only hopes that in the future you will be able to make videos that are as professionally produced when it comes to the visual element...

If I could wish for anything in your playing (since you ask for comments) it would be that you'd explore a more leggiero approach in the Chopin etudes. Near the end in the op 10 no 5, there are one or two places where you really relax and use a very light and delicate tone, which is absolutely wonderful. Without these moments, in my opinion these pieces become too overpowering.   
And do you feel the same way with op.10 no.4 ? I have recently significantly lowered the tempo in order to make it more articulated, but its at the same time a little heavier i think

Offline thirtytwo2020

Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 11:22:51 AM
I do. But I am sure you had very good reasons to slow it down. I am not sure tempo is the whole answer, I think it should be possible to get what I am after with a not-extremely-fast tempo.

I am glad you listened to my thoughts and only hope that you keep experimenting! All best wishes,
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert