Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: My Donald Trump Thread  (Read 9702 times)

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Re: My Donald Trump Thread
Reply #50 on: June 21, 2018, 09:31:17 PM
Well, it's not exactly piano related but it's pretty close;

His box certainly deserves to be squeezed - and the harder the better...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline klavieronin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #51 on: June 21, 2018, 09:48:58 PM
… there is a population of liberals that only pretend to be captain civil rights when it benefits them.

I hear what you are saying. We constantly hear about the wage gap for example but barely a peep when it comes to FGM in Africa and the Middle East. Campus rape culture is often discussed but how many people know about the culture of raping young boys in Pakistan and Afghanistan? I don't think it's because 'white liberals' (as you put it) don't care. They do care. They are just often motivated by an ideology that prioritises certain things over others. (Of course, there are also those who simply jump on the band wagon of whatever issue is popular at the moment.)

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #52 on: June 22, 2018, 01:45:41 AM
I hear what you are saying. We constantly hear about the wage gap for example but barely a peep when it comes to FGM in Africa and the Middle East. Campus rape culture is often discussed but how many people know about the culture of raping young boys in Pakistan and Afghanistan? I don't think it's because 'white liberals' (as you put it) don't care. They do care. They are just often motivated by an ideology that prioritises certain things over others. (Of course, there are also those who simply jump on the band wagon of whatever issue is popular at the moment.)

"bUt WhAt ABout MassacrEs in AfRicA, plZ talk aboUt dAT becUx I aM unComfortAble talking about SeXisM in my own country."

I mean if you think those issues aren't being addressed by Western liberals then you're just ignorant. lol

Offline rachmaninoff_forever

• PS Silver Member
Reply #53 on: June 22, 2018, 03:01:30 AM
"bUt WhAt ABout MassacrEs in AfRicA, plZ talk aboUt dAT becUx I aM unComfortAble talking about SeXisM in my own country."

I mean if you think those issues aren't being addressed by Western liberals then you're just ignorant. lol

I wasn't even talking about things in other countries being addressed by the liberal.  But I straight up gave real world examples about things happening only weeks apart in the same country that's been completely glossed over and proof of flip flopping and not only did you not acknowledge a single one, you just said...

No

Live large, die large.  Leave a giant coffin.

Offline klavieronin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #54 on: June 22, 2018, 03:03:25 AM

Who said anything about "MassacrEs in AfRicA"? What massacres? What are you talking about? You are the one who seems uncomfortable. I talk about female genital mutilation and the rape of young boys and you start using random capitals like a crazy person. :P I'm perfectly comfortable talking about sexism in my own country but happen to feel that the sexism faced by women in certain other countries is more severe and in urgent need of fixing.

I'm not saying those issues aren't being addressed at all, otherwise I would have never heard about them. All I was saying is that people prioritise certain issues over others because of their ideological position but that doesn't mean that they don't care. Read my full comment please!

• PS Silver Member
Reply #55 on: June 22, 2018, 03:29:09 AM
Who said anything about "MassacrEs in AfRicA"? What massacres? What are you talking about? You are the one who seems uncomfortable. I talk about female genital mutilation and the rape of young boys and you start using random capitals like a crazy person. :P I'm perfectly comfortable talking about sexism in my own country but happen to feel that the sexism faced by women in certain other countries is more severe and in urgent need of fixing.

I'm not saying those issues aren't being addressed at all, otherwise I would have never heard about them. All I was saying is that people prioritise certain issues over others because of their ideological position but that doesn't mean that they don't care. Read my full comment please!

Not all issues will get attention I agree.  But I'm not talking about prioritizing a highschool shooting over something happening on the other side of the planet.  Of course the school shooting will get more attention.

I'm talking about issues that are similar or exactly the same and happen only weeks apart but one gets prioritized over the other only when certain groups are affected.

Offline klavieronin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #56 on: June 22, 2018, 03:47:30 AM
Not all issues will get attention I agree.  But I'm not talking about prioritizing a highschool shooting over something happening on the other side of the planet.  Of course the school shooting will get more attention.

I'm talking about issues that are similar or exactly the same and happen only weeks apart but one gets prioritized over the other only when certain groups are affected.

Yes, I know what you mean and I think it's a real problem. More people need to start thinking beyond their own group and start viewing each other as fellow human beings, rather than members of a particular demographic. That's just my opinion though.

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #57 on: June 22, 2018, 11:11:39 AM
I wasn't even talking about things in other countries being addressed by the liberal.  But I straight up gave real world examples about things happening only weeks apart in the same country that's been completely glossed over and proof of flip flopping and not only did you not acknowledge a single one, you just said...

No

I wasn't even talking to you and I don't intend to either. I won't entertain racist bullshit.

All I was saying is that people prioritise certain issues over others

Right, because Western liberals don't prioritize foreign issues over domestic ones. Nevermind doctors that spend a majority of their prime helping people in war torn countries, nevermind organizations dedicated to providing blood to foreigners, nevermind countries like Finland and Sweden setting up international councils and agreements to help countries like Angola and Mozambique even though there's no economic benefit for Nordic countries...

because of their ideological position...

As opposed to...? Do you even know what an ideological position is?

happen to feel that the sexism faced by women in certain other countries is more severe and in urgent need of fixing.

Why?

Read my full comment please!

I did and it's still stupid.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #58 on: June 22, 2018, 01:00:39 PM
I wasn't even talking to you and I don't intend to either. I won't entertain racist bullshit.

You're just like Thal you're so locked into your own perception of reality and you don't listen to ANYONE unless it fits in your immature view of the world and you have a 5th grade understanding of what racism is.

You literally said nothing with any actual content to me this entire thread so idk why did you bother comment in the first place.

Offline klavieronin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #59 on: June 22, 2018, 01:16:01 PM
Right, because Western liberals don't prioritize foreign issues over domestic ones. Nevermind doctors that spend a majority of their prime helping people in war torn countries, nevermind organizations dedicated to providing blood to foreigners, nevermind countries like Finland and Sweden setting up international councils and agreements to help countries like Angola and Mozambique even though there's no economic benefit for Nordic countries...

Yes and I am a big supporter of those efforts and have been for a long time. The problem is, you talk about "Western liberals" as if they are all the same. They aren't. There are many types of liberal with differing views in many areas and few people fit neatly into any one category. Nothing I said was meant to be about all liberals. I was just acknowledging rachmaninoff_forever's point that there is an imbalance in the way people react to certain events.

As opposed to...? Do you even know what an ideological position is?

As opposed to nothing. It was meant to be an observation of basic human behaviour. Everyone, you and me included, has there own beliefs and values and that, to a large degree, is what motivates their behaviour.

Why?

Because I believe a young girl having her clitoris cut off, or being forced to marry her 39 year old cousin, or a woman having acid thrown in face because she was seen talking to a man she wasn't related to, is worse than a female executive earning $100k a year when she should be earning $120k. I'm sorry but that's just the way I feel.

I did and it's still stupid.

If you did read my comment you mustn't have understood it. If you want me to clarify anything you only need to ask. But simply calling stupid isn't going to get us anywhere. That is a prime example of why it has become so difficult to talk about these important issues. Nobody seems to want to actually have a conversation. They just want to call each other names and be outraged.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #60 on: June 22, 2018, 01:26:23 PM
Klavieronin do you see this?

Mjames: "Right, because Western liberals don't prioritize foreign issues over domestic ones. Nevermind doctors that spend a majority of their prime helping people in war torn countries, nevermind organizations dedicated to providing blood to foreigners, nevermind countries like Finland and Sweden setting up international councils and agreements to help countries like Angola and Mozambique even though there's no economic benefit for Nordic countries..."

Look at how Vague this is.  He doesn't even know any actual organizations but we all know they do actually exist so he just became captain obvious and relayed some useless information that everyone knows just so he can sound like he's saying something.

Anyone can say 'oh yeah I have an organization that helps people'.  I personally know and have been involved with Non profits and organizations that claim to be helping people but the owners just wanna be able to write it off on their taxes.  They do a couple protests and marches and bam they're done.

This next bit is another important example of why I feel the way I feel

Ghana has the biggest digital trash dump on the planet because countries like the US (and I think the U.K. does this too?) send in broken electronics as "donations" because it's cheaper to dispose of garbage that way than dealing with it ourselves.  See how this humanitarian 'let's help the world' stuff is often times a coverup for something else?

• PS Silver Member
Reply #61 on: June 22, 2018, 01:37:47 PM
There are many types of liberal with differing views in many areas and few people fit neatly into any one category. Nothing I said was meant to be about all liberals. I was just acknowledging rachmaninoff_forever's point that there is an imbalance in the way people react to certain events.

If you did read my comment you mustn't have understood it. If you want me to clarify anything you only need to ask. But simply calling stupid isn't going to get us anywhere. That is a prime example of why it has become so difficult to talk about these important issues. Nobody seems to want to actually have a conversation. They just want to call each other names and be outraged.

Yeah and I don't obviously mean ALL liberals or white liberals either.  Just like when women or queer folk say 'straight men need to stop *insert fucked up thing we do*' they obviously they don't mean ALL men.  That's a given.  However the MAIN perpetrator of this fucked up stuff is men.  And if you're offended and in your feelings when someone starts a sentence with 'men need to stop' then you're part of the problem.

THANK YOU

+1 on you dude.  And it's not that you agree or understand with my point.  We can be on completely different sides but at least try and have a conversation

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #62 on: June 22, 2018, 02:17:10 PM
You're just like Thal you're so locked into your own perception of reality and you don't listen to ANYONE unless it fits in your immature view of the world and you have a 5th grade understanding of what racism is.

You literally said nothing with any actual content to me this entire thread so idk why did you bother comment in the first place.

Your comment was reputably stupid I didn't even bother with it in the first place. Your hypothesis is essentially about how white liberals aren't genuine about supporting liberal values, and your evidence is Bernie Sanders' supporters flocking to Trump. Which by the way, you didn't even bother to source which makes your accusations of me providing a lack of content hilarious.

Essentially the core of your argument is to select data that supports your view and ignore ones  disprove it.

10% of Bernie Sanders flopped, majority of them white.
A portion of Bernie Sanders' white voters abstained from the election.
Another portion of Bernie Sanders white voters, actually the majority, voted for Hilary Clinton
There are even surveys showing a significant portion of Bernie Sanders' white voters specifically voting for Clinton to stop Trump.

Your entire argument for white liberals being full of crap is called confirmation bias. You essentially claim Asians are genetically disposed to committing violent crime and confirming it by only specifically looking at violent crime by Asians. I won't even get into how you pulled a random data point and yet failed to denote any significant demographic information (the premise of your argument hinges on bernie sanders' supporters being all white and liberal.)

Just because some other brain dead idiot agrees with your stupidity doesn't substantiate it. +1 That you retard.

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #63 on: June 22, 2018, 02:30:45 PM
Yes and I am a big supporter of those efforts and have been for a long time. The problem is, you talk about "Western liberals" as if they are all the same. They aren't. There are many types of liberal with differing views in many areas and few people fit neatly into any one category.

Am I living in an alternate reality? That's EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID. You literally said liberals or whatever PRIORITIZE certain issues over others (particularly domestic over foreign, 'less serious' over 'more serious), my disagreement is specifically pointing out that SPECIALIZATION in tackling these issues exist.

You are the one denigrating liberals into some morbid monolith, and the entire crux of your argument is that you want liberals to prioritize issues that you think should be prioritized. In other words not only are you describing liberals as some monolith, you want them to function as a monolith according to how you think it's fit.

Nothing I said was meant to be about all liberals.

It's hilarious you said this.

"I think Mexican are rapists. Okay, not all Mexicans." Newsflash, saying "okay i don't mean all" doesn't make your generalization any less of a generalization. All you're doing is noting that exceptions to the rules you believe in exist. Lmfao.

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #64 on: June 22, 2018, 02:37:15 PM

And please, ENLIGHTEN ME ABOUT RACISM. If believing that specifically white people are inherently nefarious in their motifs regardless of what they claim (white people upholding liberal values), using selection bias to specifically confirm said belief, and quoting racial segregationist bullshit is "5th grade racism" then please, enlighten me about racism. Please do bring me up to the standards of 6th grade racism, because that's obviously the extent of your comprehension, analysis, and self-awareness.

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #65 on: June 22, 2018, 02:56:15 PM
Because I believe a young girl having her clitoris cut off, or being forced to marry her 39 year old cousin, or a woman having acid thrown in face because she was seen talking to a man she wasn't related to, is worse than a female executive earning $100k a year when she should be earning $120k. I'm sorry but that's just the way I feel.

The real kicker is here. You have "disingenuous" liberal right in front of you.

1. His desire that certain liberal issues, particularly those relating to sexism, should be prioritized to those happening domestically (wherever the hell he lives).

2. He claims that he's comfortable of discussing sexism in his own country and is merely bothered by the 'imbalance' of reaction from people

3. The minute he has a chance to provide a description of his beliefs, he strawmans the argument of structural sexism in a first world country (particularly work place related sexism) and downplays it (because duh, it's just about rich women getting richer...). It's also insulting and condescending to feminists who actively tackle these issues, because he's indirectly suggesting it that they don't care about "real sexism" in other places (when in fact they do) like he does.

Not only is he completely misrepresenting feminism in the first world, but he's also misrepresenting feminists themselves. All points, in the context in this thread, suggest that he has little respect for feminism/liberal issues in the first world despite claiming otherwise. Here's your disingenuous liberal (bonus points if he's white), yet you're sitting here blowing his dick because he agrees with your little racist bullshit.

+1

Offline klavieronin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #66 on: June 22, 2018, 04:00:20 PM
Am I living in an alternate reality? That's EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID. You literally said liberals or whatever PRIORITIZE certain issues over others (particularly domestic over foreign, 'less serious' over 'more serious), my disagreement is specifically pointing out that SPECIALIZATION in tackling these issues exist.

And this is why I think you didn't read or understand my original comment. I'll take some of the blame for this because I might not have explained myself well.

The whole point of my original was to acknowledge rachmaninoff_forever's observation that people tend to react more strongly to issues that affect them or that they can identify with, but that I didn't think it is because they don't care or aren't genuine. You can check the comment yourself. I literally said "They do care." And I only spoke about liberals in particular because that is who rachmaninoff_forever was talking about. I could easily say the same thing about conservatives, or whoever, but why would I when we were discussing the motives of liberals?

You are the one denigrating liberals into some morbid monolith, and the entire crux of your argument is that you want liberals to prioritize issues that you think should be prioritized. In other words not only are you describing liberals as some monolith, you want them to function as a monolith according to how you think it's fit.

You're wrong. The crux of my argument is that we must acknowledge our own bias while giving each other a little benefit of the doubt. Further to that I would say we need to have honest and respectful conversations.

The minute he has a chance to provide a description of his beliefs, he strawmans the argument of structural sexism in a first world country (particularly work place related sexism) and downplays it (because duh, it's just about rich women getting richer...).

I'll take that criticism. You're right it was a strawman and I shouldn't be minimising the effort toward equality in developed nations. It's just a little hard for me not to feel more empathy for the women and girls (and boys) living in much worse conditions than the rest of us. Yet I tend to hear more in the media about sexism in the west than in other part of the world. Maybe I consuming the wrong media?

Here's your disingenuous liberal (bonus points if he's white)

• PS Silver Member
Reply #67 on: June 22, 2018, 04:46:02 PM
Your comment was reputably stupid I didn't even bother with it in the first place. Your hypothesis is essentially about how white liberals aren't genuine about supporting liberal values, and your evidence is Bernie Sanders' supporters flocking to Trump. Which by the way, you didn't even bother to source which makes your accusations of me providing a lack of content hilarious.

Essentially the core of your argument is to select data that supports your view and ignore ones  disprove it.

10% of Bernie Sanders flopped, majority of them white.
A portion of Bernie Sanders' white voters abstained from the election.
Another portion of Bernie Sanders white voters, actually the majority, voted for Hilary Clinton
There are even surveys showing a significant portion of Bernie Sanders' white voters specifically voting for Clinton to stop Trump.

Your entire argument for white liberals being full of crap is called confirmation bias. You essentially claim Asians are genetically disposed to committing violent crime and confirming it by only specifically looking at violent crime by Asians. I won't even get into how you pulled a random data point and yet failed to denote any significant demographic information (the premise of your argument hinges on bernie sanders' supporters being all white and liberal.)

Just because some other brain dead idiot agrees with your stupidity doesn't substantiate it. +1 That you retard.

Look Thal I mean Mjames...

You can't talk about not sourcing information if you don't source it yourself baby.  And second of all I never said all sanders supporters were white liberals read carefully.  Also read Klavieronins posts more carefully

10% of them flopped and another number of them just didn't vote which is just as bad.  So let's say 15% total.  In Michigan Wisconsin and some other state idk that won the election for trump, his win margin over Hilary was smaller than the Sanders votes that went to trump.  So the MVP of the election were the sanders voters good job everyone congrats

And your Asian analogy doesn't make sense.  I never said WHY liberals are they way they are and that they're the only group of peeople who are flip floppy like this.  Conservatives are the SAME WAY.  They do the same thing for example when Kapernick was kneeling before the flag because it's 'disrespectful' but when they wear it as bandanas or any other article of clothing it's okay (in the rule book that's also considered disrespectful) because they don't actually care about respecting the flag.   The topic of conversation was about liberals in the first place so that's why I'm saying liberals

• PS Silver Member
Reply #68 on: June 22, 2018, 05:01:39 PM
And please, ENLIGHTEN ME ABOUT RACISM. If believing that specifically white people are inherently nefarious in their motifs regardless of what they claim (white people upholding liberal values), using selection bias to specifically confirm said belief, and quoting racial segregationist bullshit is "5th grade racism" then please, enlighten me about racism. Please do bring me up to the standards of 6th grade racism, because that's obviously the extent of your comprehension, analysis, and self-awareness.

I never said white people are inherently double sided and that they're the only ones who flip flop in what they believe you just made that up on your own to fit your narrative.  Either that or you don't know what inherently means.

Black men are the SAME WAY when talking about black issues.  We always talk about racism and police brutality but we only talk about it if men are affected.  Black women get shot and killed by police just as much as black men but always the topic of discussion is black MEN.  We always talk about how black MEN are mistreated in the US but we treat our own women like sh*t.  

So no it's not just white liberals who are like this but that's Who we're talking about.  And if it doesn't apply to you then why are you so in your feelings kiddo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #69 on: June 22, 2018, 05:13:17 PM

"I think Mexican are rapists. Okay, not all Mexicans." Newsflash, saying "okay i don't mean all" doesn't make your generalization any less of a generalization. All you're doing is noting that exceptions to the rules you believe in exist. Lmfao.

The difference is there aren't enough Mexicans that go around raping people to do any structural damage to society as a whole.

Do Mexican rapists exist?  Of course.  Is there any considerable amount that can really change US society?  No.  Is there a considerable amount of Mexican rapists that can do any damage to Mexican society?  Probably.  But that's true for any demographic of people.  

You have a very surface level understanding of what both of us are saying

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #70 on: June 22, 2018, 05:26:50 PM
Look Thal I mean Mjames...

You can't talk about not sourcing information if you don't source it yourself baby.  And second of all I never said all sanders supporters were white liberals read carefully.  Also read Klavieronins posts more carefully

10% of them flopped and another number of them just didn't vote which is just as bad.  So let's say 15% total.  In Michigan Wisconsin and some other state idk that won the election for trump, his win margin over Hilary was smaller than the Sanders votes that went to trump.  So the MVP of the election were the sanders voters good job everyone congrats

And your Asian analogy doesn't make sense.  I never said WHY liberals are they way they are and that they're the only group of peeople who are flip floppy like this.  

"If I keep selecting my data through bias even further, it strengthens my argument."

Look retard, I mean Rach4ever, you haven't tackled the point. You're still committing confirmation bias. Keep going, retard.

And your Asian analogy doesn't make sense.  I never said WHY liberals are they way they are and that they're the only group of peeople who are flip floppy like this.  

The example makes perfect sense. It doesn't matter why or how, the point was to further illustrate the weakness in your methodology. Like seriously, are you this bloody stupid?

I never said white people are inherently double sided and that they're the only ones who flip flop in what they believe you just made that up on your own.  Either that or you don't know what inherently means.

Black men are the SAME WAY when talking about black issues.  We always talk about racism and police brutality but we only talk about it if men are affected.  Black women get shot and killed by police just as much as black men but always the topic of discussion is black MEN.  We always talk about how black MEN are mistreated in the US but we treat our own women like sh*t.  

So no it's not just white liberals like this but that's not who we're talking about.  And if it doesn't apply to you then why are you so in your feelings kiddo

"I'm not saying white people are inherently nefarious, I'm just saying they are."

Okay.

The difference is there aren't enough Mexicans that go around raping people to do any structural damage to society as a whole.

Do Mexican rapists exist?  Of course.  Is there any considerable amount that can really change US society?  No.  Is there a considerable amount of Mexican rapists that can do any damage to Mexican society?  Probably.  But that's true for any demographic of people.  

Holy crap, you are incomparably retarded. The point isn't about Mexicans, it's about accepting that exceptions existing to a generalization doesn't make it any less of a generalization. I may have a "surface level understanding", but your comprehension is so bad you struggle to even distinguish the arguments being made.

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #71 on: June 22, 2018, 05:38:14 PM

Thank you, not my best but I thought it was a pretty clever joke! :-X :-*

• PS Silver Member
Reply #72 on: June 22, 2018, 05:39:34 PM
Look retard, I mean Rach4ever, you haven't disproved my point. it's still confirmation bias. keep going.

"I'm not saying white people are inherently nefarious, I'm just saying they are."

Okay.

Holy crap, you are incomparably retarded. The point isn't about Mexicans, it's about accepting that exceptions existing to a generalization doesn't make it any less of a generalization.

I may have a "surface level understanding", but your comprehension is so immaculately bad you struggle to even distinguish the arguments being made.
How is that confirmation this is the reason why trump won the election.  Yeah more people could've voted or whatever but point is sanders voters had enough influence to get trump into office

You don't know what inherently means so don't use words you don't know the meaning of

The fact that it's a generalization isn't the point!  You're saying I'm missing your point when your point has nothing to do with my original point.

I think the reason why you're getting so emotional over this is because this might directly apply to you.  Stop thinking with your emotions dude.  If a girl says 'men are evil' and you say 'hey that's a sexist generalization' then she's talking about you

• PS Silver Member
Reply #73 on: June 22, 2018, 05:54:58 PM
Just to restate my original point

My first post on this thread:
However the people with the worst kind supporters were the Hilary's and Bernies of the world...  even though the majority of them are  more tolerable than trump supporters

I said that because a lot of them are just hopping on the bandwagon and don't care about social issues unles it directly benefits or affects them.  Which is why I said liberals (white liberals) will pretend to be an ally but not ACTUALLY be an ally (something like that).  And there's enough of these liberals to actually have a big impact on sh*t in the country

Now mjames is like 'not all liberals not all liberals'

That's the same thing as saying 'not all cops are bad'.  That's not the point!  There's enough crooked police officers to do structural damage to a community but you don't know who they are

'Not all men at my school are mysoginists and rapists'.  That's not the point!  The point is there's enough creepy men that like to put sh*t in girls drinks to do structural damage to college communities.

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #74 on: June 22, 2018, 05:55:15 PM
That's not confirmation bias this is the reason why trump won the election.  Yeah more people could've voted or whatever but point is sanders voters had enough influence to get trump into office

Selecting data that agrees with your premise is confirmation bias. Look it up in a textbook, for 6th graders that is. That crap is unacceptable even for a freshman in a sociology course

You don't know what inherently means so don't use words you don't know the meaning of

>claims white people flip flop because they're white
>claims its a characteristic unique to white people in America

"You don't know what inherent means."

Lmfao

The fact that it's a generalization isn't the point!  You're saying I'm missing your point when your point has nothing to do with my original point.

Alright let me scroll up.
That's right I was the one that used the example against Klav, not you. Why are you telling me what the point of MY example was? And after clarifying myself you're still trying to "correct me"? I don't give a flying crap about you think my example was about.

I think the reason why you're getting so emotional over this is because this might directly apply to you.  Stop thinking with your emotions dude.  If a girl says 'men are evil' and you say 'hey that's a sexist generalization' then she's talking about you

I think the reason why you interject pointless speculations about my personality is because you're incapable of forming proper arguments.

Who knew you were such a bellend of a retard.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #75 on: June 22, 2018, 06:04:12 PM

"You don't know what inherent means."

Lmfao

Alright let me scroll up.
That's right I was the one that used the example against Klav, not you. Why are you telling me what the point of MY example was? And after clarifying myself you're still trying to "correct me"? I don't give a flying crap about you think my example was about.

I think the reason why you interject pointless speculations about my personality is because you're incapable of forming proper arguments.

Who knew you were such a bellend of a retard.

I'm not cherry picking data you just don't understand what it means

I never said white people flip flop because they're white and that it's a unique characteristic of being white.  And I already told you that I never said that.  I shouldn't have to repeat myself to an adult.  If you can quote me on that I will shut up.  But you can't!  So stop making up stuff to fit your narrative

Oh I thought that was directed towards me

Well it is true you're the only one getting in your feelings.  You were the one who started calling people idiots and retards.  That's all on YOU.  And that's always the reaction when the shoe fits the foot.

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #76 on: June 22, 2018, 06:11:26 PM
I'm not cherry picking data you just don't understand what it means

I never said white people flip flop because they're white and that it's a unique characteristic of being white.  And I already told you that I never said that.  I shouldn't have to repeat myself to an adult.  If you can quote me on that I will shut up.  But you can't!  So stop making up stuff to fit your narrative

Every time you say you're not, you do it anyways. I said OK. If you believe so. Most racists don't believe they're racists anyways, you're not any different.

Well it is true you're the only one getting in your feelings.  You were the one who started calling people idiots and retards.  That's all on YOU.  And that's always a reaction when the shoe fits the foot.

LMAO, weren't you the one that called compared me to a racist and basically said I had an immature view of the world? You became incredibly condescending the moment I expressed my disagreement with your stupid bullshit. You don't get to be an *** and go like "stop being emotional" when people react negatively to your assholeness.

Absolute asholes, now you're trying to claim the moral high ground? Yeah take your own advice and don't repeat yourself, in this argument or ever again. Dishonest racist piece of sh*t.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #77 on: June 22, 2018, 06:13:09 PM
If you wanna have a normal conversation with grown ups fine but you're running your mouth a lot without actually saying anything which is getting boring.

So please read my stuff and try to understand it.  Klavieronin doesn't completely agree but he understands it.  If you can't do that then that's also fine but don't try to tackle something you don't get.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #78 on: June 22, 2018, 06:17:19 PM
Every time you say you're not, you do it anyways. I said OK. If you believe so. Most racists don't believe they're racists anyways, you're not any different.

LMAO, weren't you the one that called compared me to a racist and basically said I had an immature view of the world? You became incredibly condescending the moment I expressed my disagreement with your stupid bullshit. You don't get to be an *** and go like "stop being emotional" when people react negatively to your assholeness.

Absolute asholes, now you're trying to claim the moral high ground? Yeah take your own advice and don't repeat yourself, in this argument or ever again. Dishonest racist piece of sh*t.

"wasn't even talking to you and I don't intend to either. I won't entertain racist bullshit."

Sorry kiddo this is all on YOU.  YOU were the one getting in your feelings in the first place.  And that comparison to Thal wasn't because of you being racist or not it was because of how you don't see anything unless it fits in your view.  You're not thinking straight so don't smash your computer out of frustration and anger and hurt

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #79 on: June 22, 2018, 06:18:14 PM
If you wanna have a normal conversation with grown ups fine but you're running your mouth a lot without actually saying anything which is getting boring.

When you grow up and develop the scrutiny of a 10 year old I'll consider reading your posts, right now all you're doing is re-iterating stupidity.

So please read my stuff and try to understand it.  Klavieronin doesn't completely agree but he understands it.  If you can't do that then that's also fine but don't try to tackle something you don't get.

When you understand what racism is please comeback and re-evaluate your own racist ideas. Until then don't try to tackle things that are above your reading level.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #80 on: June 22, 2018, 06:20:56 PM
When you grow up and develop the scrutiny of a 10 year old I'll consider reading your posts, right now all you're doing is re-iterating stupidity.

You never really read any of my posts in the first place.

Lmao you just think racism is 'I don't like x people' and that's it.  Cute.  But hey I guess MLK Malcom X, their contemporaries are racist too who would've thought

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #81 on: June 22, 2018, 06:24:00 PM
"wasn't even talking to you and I don't intend to either. I won't entertain racist bullshit."

This is all on YOU. 

Yeah it was on me for exactly stating why I ignored your comment.

So don't smash your computer out of frustration and anger and hurt

Says caps locks bold guy. Dude I'm not angry, frustrated or anything; all I'm doing is expressing my genuine opinion of your lack of intellect. Not everyone who curses is angry, like what are you 6? Lmao.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #82 on: June 22, 2018, 06:27:27 PM
Yeah it was on me for exactly stating why I ignored your comment.

Says caps locks bold guy. Dude I'm not angry, frustrated or anything; all I'm doing is expressing my genuine opinion of your lack of intellect. Not everyone who curses is angry, like what are you 6? Lmao.

Boom that's exactly why I compared you to Thal.

It's not the fact that you cursed cause I curse too it's the way you did everything

And like I said before it's fine if you disagree but you just don't understand enough to come at me or Klavieronin so aggressively.  We both kept telling you to reread because you weren't getting it.  Which is also fine but stay in your lane

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #83 on: June 22, 2018, 06:32:14 PM
You never really read any of my posts in the first place.

OK maybe you're right, I'd re-read them but I'm not fond of aneurysms.

Lmao you just think racism is 'I don't like x people' and that's it.

I think racism manifests in various ways, from institutional and structural biases that disadvantages protected classes to prejudice expressed from individual to individual. Racial prejudice is what you're exhibiting and all you've done since your initial comments is substantiate, rather than distancing yourself from the accusation.

But hey I guess MLK Malcom X, their contemporaries are racist too who would've thought

Anyone who believes in the existence of races and believes that characteristics can be distributed among racial lines is a racist. Malcom X certainly believed so, and it was a huge justification for his ideas about racial segregation.

Get a brain and order a textbook and actually learn something, you bellend. I've got better things to do than to waste time on your appallingly condescending stupidity.

Which is also fine but stay in your lane

Yeah, I prefer not to interact with racists.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #84 on: June 22, 2018, 06:41:04 PM
OK maybe you're right, I'd re-read them but I'm not fond of aneurysms.

I think racism manifests in various ways, from institutional and structural biases that disadvantages protected classes to prejudice expressed from individual to individual. Racial prejudice is what you're exhibiting and all you've done since your initial comments is substantiate, rather than distancing yourself from the accusation.

Anyone who believes in the existence of races and believes that characteristics can be distributed among racial lines is a racist. Malcom X certainly believed so, and it was a huge justification for his ideas about racial segregation.

Get a brain and order a textbook and actually learn something, you bellend. I've got better things to do than to waste time on your appallingly condescending stupidity.

Like I said before if you don't understand stay in your lane.  You're too ignorant just to be screaming racist everywhere

That's not prejudice because I actually provided reason experience and explanation.  You accused me of saying that all white people are INHERENTLY a certain way (besides the obvious physical features) but you made that up on your own.  And I even told you to quote me on it but you did not.  THAT would have made me prejudice but I never said anything like that in the first place so...

Separation and Segregation are two different things.  He did NOT believe in segregation and he even explains the difference in an interview.  Don't talk about Malcom X unless you actually know what he was talking about.  But EVEN IF what you said about Malcom X was true and you used that to discredit his opinion on liberals you still haven't mentioned anything about MLK or Tim Wise.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #85 on: June 22, 2018, 06:49:17 PM
Everyone this is what mjames is accusing me of

If you can quote me on this I'll buy you a ps membership or something

In case y'all don't wanna read the whole thing

My first post on this thread:
However the people with the worst kind supporters were the Hilary's and Bernies of the world...  even though the majority of them are  more tolerable than trump supporters

I said that because a lot of them are just hopping on the bandwagon and don't care about social issues unles it directly benefits or affects them.  Which is why I said liberals (white liberals) will pretend to be an ally but not ACTUALLY be an ally (something like that).  And there's enough of these liberals to actually have a big impact on sh*t in the country

Now mjames is like 'not all liberals not all liberals'

That's the same thing as saying 'not all cops are bad'.  That's not the point!  There's enough crooked police officers to do structural damage to a community but you don't know who they are

'Not all men at my school are mysoginists and rapists'.  That's not the point!  The point is there's enough creepy men that like to put sh*t in girls drinks to do structural damage to college communities.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #86 on: June 22, 2018, 07:48:55 PM
From Donald Dumb to Malcolm X? Keep it up, you're making progress!

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #87 on: June 24, 2018, 01:40:55 AM

:)

Offline dogperson

Reply #88 on: June 24, 2018, 03:34:44 AM
In 1989 Trump bought $100,000 of pianos from a New Jersey dealer, With payment due in 90 days. The payment was not made as agreed, and eventually the dealer was forced to settle for a $70,000 payment. 
       https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/09/28/i-sold-trump-100000-worth-of-pianos-then-he-stiffed-me/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.22c6b9503d74     

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #89 on: June 24, 2018, 11:35:49 AM
In 1989 Trump bought $100,000 of pianos from a New Jersey dealer, With payment due in 90 days. The payment was not made as agreed, and eventually the dealer was forced to settle for a $70,000 payment.  
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/09/28/i-sold-trump-100000-worth-of-pianos-then-he-stiffed-me/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.22c6b9503d74    

🤝

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #90 on: July 08, 2018, 05:09:08 PM
I feel like this is not so much a matter of politics.  More a matter of truth vs fiction and a matter of poor mental health of a significant number of voters.  Racism is also a significant factor.

It is frustrating for most Americans to witness the destruction of our democracy, “trust me”.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2018/04/13/trumps-lies-corrode-democracy/

Trump’s refusal to admit the truth of widely accepted facts corrodes political discourse and is consistent with the practice of many authoritarian leaders. The assertion of the power to define reality is destructive of democratic governance, in part because many people believe him and are not amenable to contrary evidence.

Even though his narcissistic lies are detrimental to the democratic process, Trump’s continued adherence to demonstrably false statements about politics and policy strikes at the very heart of democracy and the whole project of enlightenment epistemology. If there are no agreed upon facts, then it becomes impossible for people to make judgments about their government or hold it accountable.

Offline rubinsteinmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #91 on: July 09, 2018, 08:12:27 PM
APPRECIATION POST HERE :-* :-* :-* :-*
Guys, guys, guys, I think you could be great journalists. Because of the interesting points that you make (or unconventional metaphors or similes you employ), your opinions are very entertaining to read.

Unfortunately, I live in suburbia (and doubt me not when I say that this is the Capital of Cliche and not at all the type of suburb that you might find around vibrant cities with their scores of rich, elitely educated folk) and even when going online, this type of discussion is also very rare. Although I appreciate how the journalists of today give some statistics, often, for practical (or perhaps deceitful) purposes, they omit many wonderful details from their articles of whose type the finding of here has given me a pleasure I haven't gotten from reading about current politically-related events for 45 years.

The comment sections of articles and in Instagram posts, however, are vastly inferior in giving sparkly details than even newspapers; in them barge people who have no capabilities of reason who keep on harping on and on over some disgustingly, coarsely simple opinions as if they were parrots taught by a child who was deliberating dumbing down his or her talk to make it easier to imitate (for the parrot). Unfortunately, because they must make their money off of such an idiotic audience, the reporters of news don't often go into beautiful details like the ones you went into here. Call me an eugenicist, a social Darwinist (although that term has been appropriated in so many ways that it has practically lost any real defining meaning), an elitist, but I think that certain programs the likes of which I will not go into here but which you might be able to infer as including ones similar to the Repository for Germinal Choice) might have a great impact on the world.

I am still, like I was a few years ago when i was more active, a girl of 12 (but with an IQ of 25000 so don't laugh at me), and perhaps more importantly, I am not very active on here because I have been landed in jail for reasons I hope you won't bother to look up, so I might not join you all that often in your wonderful conversations of sweet milk and honeyed tea.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #92 on: July 16, 2018, 10:48:13 PM
Wow.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline georgey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #93 on: July 20, 2018, 02:32:39 AM
Donald Trump is a Putin patsy.  He (Donald Trump) is a Putsy.   ;D

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #94 on: July 20, 2018, 10:36:08 PM
Oi... A video popped up on auto-play with a press conference about whether Trump can pardon himself.  I end up checking the date to see when the video is from... and then realize it could be from practically any date.  Is that from today? A month ago?  Three months?  Last year?  It could be any of them.

This video if you're that curious.  It's not worth watching.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #95 on: August 21, 2018, 10:43:39 PM
Whoa.
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/michael-cohen-trump-lawyer-plea-deal-fbi/index.html

Something's happening?

I saw something previously that Trump can't be prosecuted while he's President.  They have to wait until he's "not President" and then he's fair game.

It would be interesting if something large event like this ending up improving the US.  If.... If it's a big Russia conspiracy to undermine the US's belief in their system, and then the system turned out to "win" and ended up improving things, what would that say?  Negative elements win for a bit but then getting beaten back by a positive process in place?

Offline yewtree

• PS Silver Member
Reply #96 on: September 27, 2018, 02:25:20 PM

This is really a very nasty way of dealing with business if it is true!
It is not right that you should undercut a business and  cause it to lose profit, if he did that with every business then your business would sink fast! 
I thought he was going to improve business for America , not  do dirty deals. 

??? ::) 

Offline dogperson

Reply #97 on: September 27, 2018, 02:51:27 PM

This is really a very nasty way of dealing with business if it is true!
It is not right that you should undercut a business and  cause it to lose profit, if he did that with every business then your business would sink fast! 
I thought he was going to improve business for America , not  do dirty deals. 

??? ::) 

More unpaid Trump Corporation work
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/electrical-contractor-suing-trump-hotel-2-million-unpaid-bill-n712131

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/313045-trump-hotels-alleged-unpaid-bills-top-5m-report

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #98 on: October 05, 2018, 09:34:25 AM
President of the United States... with toilet paper on his shoe.  ::)

https://i.imgur.com/JpDig9C.gifv

Offline fftransform

• PS Silver Member
Reply #99 on: October 16, 2018, 10:04:35 PM
My troll-sense has drawn me to this thread.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert