Piano Forum

Topic: Debussy- Preludes Bk 1 Nr 7: Ce qu'a vu le vent d'Ouest  (Read 5391 times)

Offline thorn

• PS Silver Member
Don't think I've ever posted any recordings on here before.

This is my favourite of the first book of Debussy Preludes- "what the west wind saw".

Any comments welcome. Also, I will be recording some more of the preludes now I have something that actually works   :-\ if there are any you particularly want me to post, let me know.

Offline elevateme

• PS Silver Member
Re: Debussy- Preludes Bk 1 Nr 7: Ce qu'a vu le vent d'Ouest
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 06:42:14 PM
really good playing. can't be improved very much
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Offline daniloperusina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 01:08:02 AM
This is amazing! Work a bit on the finer details of technical perfection, and you'll have your Wigmore Hall debut in no time!

You should post whatever you have recorded, I'd really like to hear more! Since you live in Birmingham, you should contact mr Humphreys or mr Wilson at the piano department of Birmingham Conservatoire, and play for them! If you haven't done that already, of course...

Offline kriskicksass

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 11:31:49 PM
Bravo! :D

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 09:37:19 AM
your playing is really great.  only towards the very end when you have that repetetive part in the rh?  it seems 'flat.'  there is no dynamic change.  with the wind it has either uplift or down, but never seems completely static unless we're talking hurricane force winds.  then of course, that passage would fit right in.  every thing else is totally amazing, imho.  plus, i've never played debussy that well - so listening to yours is really a treat.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert