Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Brodmann Pianos  (Read 6631 times)

Offline williampiano

• PS Silver Member
Brodmann Pianos
on: September 10, 2011, 05:43:47 PM
Does anyone here have a Brodmann piano? I got a 6'2 Brodmann grand about two years back and I like it a lot. Since the brand is so new, I was just curious if anyone else here has one. Even if you don't have one and have just played one, tell me what you think of them. I'm not real familiar with their reputation, so I was just wondering whether people like them or not.  8)

Offline keys60

Re: Brodmann Pianos
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 11:32:09 AM

Built in China. Larry Fine reviews the Brodman in this article on what he considers the best Chinese built pianos in the 6 foot range. What's really important is how do YOU like it?

https://www.pianobuyer.com/fall11/49.html

Offline ignaz

• PS Silver Member
Re: Brodmann Pianos
Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 01:12:31 AM
Hello,
I played a Brodman at a Dealer here in Southern California.  I was impressed by the sound that it produced. It does play like a piano that should have a higher price tag on it.  I believe its a great piano at a great price. The future direction of the piano industry at this time appears to be Pianos designed by European or American scale designers with name brand European actions and strings and then manufactored in China or an other Eastern Asian country.  This is due to the cost of manufactoring pianos in western Europe or the USA. The cost in labor and materials is high in western countries and this makes the pianos retail cost go up and out of the average consumers price range.  It is not a Steinway or C. Bechstein or Bosendorfer but the Brodmann is probably the best buy in that very competitive segment of the market. 

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert