Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Bach Partitas No 6  (Read 1803 times)

Offline amytsuda

• PS Silver Member
Bach Partitas No 6
on: June 06, 2016, 06:48:44 AM
Today was really a sad day. So I just thought to record myself and post this.

Caveat: last Gigue was recently learned so really rough patch....

Disclaimer: I am not a well-trained pianist, just an old amateur, so ugly tones, uneven legatos, empty sounds, rushing and unstable tempos everywhere.... but any thought how I can play with better tones and lines is appreciated...  

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bach Partitas No 6
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 04:45:46 PM
bOOO BOO! No comments yet? I've only listened to the first movement and I love it! I'm also learning it at the moment. My fav partita.. :)

Will listen to more later.

Offline amytsuda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 02:26:32 AM
Thank you, mjames, for listening!

A person who is a mentor to me as well as many of my colleagues passed away yesterday, and I wanted to do something I wouldn't normally do to honor the person, and somehow I felt this Partitas is so deep for that purpose so I recorded myself.... I am upset that Gigue fell apart, but I couldn't get it up to the level in a few hours and I wanted to post this yesterday, so I just went ahead.

Offline thirtytwo2020

Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 07:20:50 AM
Well done!
Beautiful and very touching performance. I haven't had time to listen to it all, but at least in the Toccata I thought there was very little of that ugliness, unevenness and unstableness you mentioned... :)

Offline amytsuda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 12:00:36 AM
Thank you thirtytwo2020! I was really sad that day, so probably you hear it... I learned each movement in the order, so it starts out good and then deteriorates once it gets to newer ones, e.g. Gavotta..., but I guess most people won't get there...it's a long suite  ::)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert