Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Mosolov's Piano Sonata No. 1 accidentals  (Read 1138 times)

Offline johnflans128

• PS Silver Member
Mosolov's Piano Sonata No. 1 accidentals
on: September 30, 2016, 04:28:45 PM
So, to get straight to the point, the accidentals in this piece are whack. Every time I think there's a pattern it's lost in the next measure. You can find the sheet music's first page anywhere, just look it up, but I'm wondering if there's a pattern and I just don't get it. One minute a note, at the start of a measure, has a natural (just to make sure the player doesn't think it's sharped) but then the natural sign is left out for other notes. Specifically on measure 20 there are two notes (a sharped f and a sharped g) and at the end of the measure the notes appear again, yet in many recordings I've heard them played as naturals (even though there is no indication they are). Please help, thanks.